Should virginity be regarded as a virtue in modern society? (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Whys that Slidey?:)
:) ;) :)
TBH I'm not placing doubt in your personal willpower, more that so many young people like you experience a philosophical shift from idealism to pragmatism as they grow older, and many 'unshakeable' notions and concepts fall into question during such a shift.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
Neo-motivational guttural utterances.
Regretful demotivational utterances?
You dont sound so motivated. I fail!
But I tried my best , lol.

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
If anything, you would be very inexperienced in effectively dealing with complications/fights/disagreements etc, and therefore it's possible that your first real relationship could easily fall apart, despite the fact that you could have been better equipped (had you been more experienced) in handling that situation.

You might think that it's just the same as handling friendships, but I assure you it's not. Things are more personal. Equality, intimacy, jealousy, god what else, so many more factors come into play.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
If anything, you would be very inexperienced in effectively dealing with complications/fights/disagreements etc, and therefore it's possible that your first real relationship could easily fall apart, despite the fact that you could have been better equipped (had you been more experienced) in handling that situation.

You might think that it's just the same as handling friendships, but I assure you it's not. Things are more personal. Equality, intimacy, jealousy, god what else, so many more factors come into play.
Being with someone for two years has definately seen me dealing with "complications/fights/diagreements etc."
Being in a relationship that is so close you are planning marriage is VERY different from just being friends I agree.

pinkyforce7

HSC
I think virginity should be reguarded as a virtue. If held for the right reasons. Many young men and women abstain from sexual intercourse for many different reasons. the main one i can think of is religious belief. I know heaps of young christian couples who have saved themselves for marriage and said its the best thing ever. I can see plenty of point in waiting for it.

the cake tastes better when your hungry. so the first time for someone who abstains from sex would probably really really fulfilling. I think that if someone is strong enough and chooses to maintain their virginity for a romantic purpose like that, ITS A VIRTUE

i gave mine away. im happy with that choice. i dont really care about morals, but im not a virtuos person see lol.

sexxonheels

HSC
i dont really understand the thread: who cares about virginity? all virginity is is the hymen breaking. hymens can break randomly so why does virginity matter. we only make this losing virginity thing out to be a big deal because of religious documents. there is no logical reason for it being some big thing

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
sexxonheels said:
i dont really understand the thread: who cares about virginity? all virginity is is the hymen breaking. hymens can break randomly so why does virginity matter. we only make this losing virginity thing out to be a big deal because of religious documents. there is no logical reason for it being some big thing
The funny thing is that the hymen is a vestigial part of female reproduction. That is to say it serves no biological purpose whatsoever, and breaking it should be seen as increased efficiency in more than one way.

banco55

HSC
sam04u said:
The funny thing is that the hymen is a vestigial part of female reproduction. That is to say it serves no biological purpose whatsoever, and breaking it should be seen as increased efficiency in more than one way.
I believe there's a cottage industry in hymen surgery in certain parts of the world (I'm sure we can all guess which parts). The surgery is meant to fall the groom (and his family) into thinking the girl is a virgin.

boris

Banned
HSC
im really over you cunts deleting my posts.

this thread is not the 'lol wow true wants to be a virgin forever, let's go round in circles and argue with her about it thread'.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
boris said:

this thread is not the 'lol wow true wants to be a virgin forever, let's go round in circles and argue with her about it thread'.
picked her as a fundamentalist theist so easy though.

boris

Banned
HSC
my vote is on troll, but whatever.

if she doesn't want to put out until she is married then fuck, she doesn't want to put out. the last 6 pages have been dedicated to a circular argument. let's just have a thread on standby for when she pops her cherry during a drunken night out. i'll title it 'we told you so'

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
boris said:

I agree.Some people are just going to have to get over my life choices.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
picked her as a fundamentalist theist so easy though.
Im not ashamed. I am who i am - what you see is what you get It is not as though I am hard to read.
End of my posts on this subject.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Im not ashamed. I am who i am - what you see is what you get It is not as though I am hard to read.
End of my posts on this subject.
WYSIWYG? :uhhuh:

This topic is so damn fucking annoying. Virginity should be something that is nobody but you, your family and your partners business. It's not something you discuss, it's not something you use as a badge of virtue or of some sort of significant milestone in your life.

It's that simple. Starting a topic on this is retarded, because it doesn't require it's own topic.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
what does your family have to do with your own personal business of having sex?

Salchow

HSC
Here:

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/politics/magical_cups_bloody_brides_virginity_in_context

Especially -

Where does all this leave me?
Where it should. Only YOU can define your sexual life. Someone else can't do it for you, and you shouldn't allow anyone else to do so, ever. Virginity shouldn't be something you use to devalue or judge others, or by which you should be judged or devalued. Even if we are treated as such, none of us are objects to be owned; we are whole people who own ourselves as well as our own sexual identity and value. Virginity shouldn't be a symbol of status (unless, that is, you still have a bride price, in which case, you have bigger problems than figuring out what virginity is), or a lack thereof. Sex isn't something that should be used as a bargaining chip for anything, or used to manipulate. If it is, you aren't doing it right, and boy, are you missing out.

Your sexuality is something you will have with you all of your life. It is yours by birth, and it starts developing before you are even born. No one can give it to you, or take it away. How much or how little value you give it is solely up to you. If you can have sex responsibly and safely and feel good about it, it makes you no less or more of a good person or a person of value that someone who feels good about being sexually inactive, abstinent, or celibate. If you feel best being sexually inactive, and like to define yourself as a virgin by whatever definition you have, that's great, too.

But that value has to lie with you -- not with current or potential partners, or with your family or friends. If the only value your sexuality has to you is what others think of it, you may very well find that your sexual life will be very empty, and you'll be apt to let others make choices for you, or influence your choices, in an arena where to be healthy, you need to be making them yourself.

Much of the misinformation, myth and practice surrounding female virginity has been cultivated in times when women could not make their own choices. But those times are past for many women, unless you choose to perpetuate them. Ultimately, it is in your hands, and those of other women right now, to take the initiative to "own" yourself and your sexuality. Whatever way you choose to do so, so long as it feels right to you physically, emotionally and intellectually, and you make your choices responsibly and thoughtfully is the right way. If you do so on your own, and own your own sexuality, by what "virgin" is really supposed to mean, well...you're being the best kind of virgin there is, the kind who is autonomous, and, like the Greek goddess Diana, cannot be owned by anyone and is pure at heart... and that's the place where you CAN tell.

thanhrox

HSC
Re: About hymen existence

SpinCobra said:
Wait wait. People actually use tampons? o_O

I dont think I know any girls that use tampons. At least, all the asian girls I know use pads..
i'm asian. and a girl. and of course! all the asian girls i know DO. wow.

in reply to the forum, i personally say no, but it should be contemplated before anything.

sca

HSC
Perhaps not virginity in itself.

But needing to be well earnt as a virtue, yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)