Should women be allowed to serve in the infantry? (2 Viewers)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
New thread for homosexuals... seems to present different issues?

mike202

Premium Member
HSC
this might be because of old traditions, and rules that havnt been changed. in my opinnion why cant women stick to what women do best and men to what men do best. although equality is much better, and i support womens rights, lets hope that we dont end up fighting over who has more "authority" over the tv remote, husband or wife.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
etc so on so forth etc

ok whatever, even if we say 'women can join the front line' as long as they pass all of the same requirements as men, i don't think we're at risk of many women getting into the front line any time soon.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
The whole point though is not making special considerations....

And it would hardly seem a particularly onerous thing to implement - after all there wouldn't really be any changes; application doesn't change, tests don't change, training doesn't change, combat doesn't change, etc etc.

Pretty minimal effort to effectively double the recruitment pool (sure not all women will be fit enough, but it's not like all men are either).

I am quite fit and pass the entry tests relatively easily, several of the women at my gym are considerably fitter than me - albeit it is a relatively 'hardcore' gym but the point is that they aren't that uncommon.
Yes but this is my point.

Fitness doesn't necessarily mean physical strength. And I know you posted something earlier but tbh it's too early didn't read (i will later).

I'm sure there are lots of fit women in your gym. Can they go for weeks carrying their packs and weapons over their backs, maintaining the same pace as men? I'll see if I can find studies, seeing as I have nothing else to do today, but women just are not as physically strong as men and even if we make allowances for a few exceptions, I still have reservations about them matching it with the men in battle.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
btw guys, you're not being the opposite of misogynists when you fight for womens equality like this. like whether you genuinely think women should be able to, or whether you think you should think women should be able to .... there is nothing wrong with admitting that physically, men will always be > women, as a rule. The fittest woman in the world is fitter than all other females and most males, but there is always going to be a guy fitter than her.

You see it in tennis right? Why do women have 3 sets and guys have 5 sets? Even the most elite female athletes aren't as physically strong as dudes. Personally I'd like to see them do 5 sets, just to shut some of them up.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
bloodlust etc etc\

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
btw guys, you're not being the opposite of misogynists when you fight for womens equality like this. like whether you genuinely think women should be able to, or whether you think you should think women should be able to .... there is nothing wrong with admitting that physically, men will always be > women, as a rule. The fittest woman in the world is fitter than all other females and most males, but there is always going to be a guy fitter than her.

You see it in tennis right? Why do women have 3 sets and guys have 5 sets? Even the most elite female athletes aren't as physically strong as dudes. Personally I'd like to see them do 5 sets, just to shut some of them up.
I'm not saying that women are as fit, what I'm saying is that some women are fit enough.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
We shall have to agree to disagree then.

I personally think that women are a liability on the front line. Given we don't actually have much of a front line in the Australian army, unless you're suggesting the SAS or something ...

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
what kind of women would want to be in a combat situation anyway

women like to nurture shit right

wouldnt they be all like omg such and such just got shot wah wah somebody help him why isnt anyone helping him wah wah you nasty taliban why why wah wah

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
a mans perspective

oh shit dave just got shot fuck i better step my game up and shoot some niggers so no one else gets shot and so they can help him lah bravery heroic throw grenades rahh some bayoneting etc motherfuckers ill killu all

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
No I don't buy into that nurture shit tbh.

I can't understand why you'd wanna do it, as a chick. I'm going to find it, but they did a psychological study on marines and those SAS guys. They're sociopaths. You literally have to be without fear or conscience to be in the elite of the elite.

Like, they compared it with people who go on to become serial killers. They have the exact same brain patterns, in that they do not recognize fear of consequence. The difference is purely in being able to channel their 'skill' into something like becoming a soldier, as opposed to a serial killer. It was quite fascinating.

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
maybe they were made like that

through training and shit

maybe thats why they're like that

cos they are trained to kill motherfuckers after all

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
No because it takes a certain person to want to do it to begin with. You don't generally learn how to dissassociate yourself if you've grown up being an otherwise normal person.

It takes a certain person to want to do what the SAS guys do, and it's not something you can whip into them ... I think it's something that has to be there already, and then built upon.

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
i wouldnt mind being in the SAS lol?

obviously i would have to get over the physically and mentally exhausting training and shit idk but it would be pretty fun i cant think of much better than blowing shit up

getting shot at doesnt appeal much but it do plenty of stuff what will get me just as dead right now

Edit: im a sociopath arent i :(

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
No because it takes a certain person to want to do it to begin with. You don't generally learn how to dissassociate yourself if you've grown up being an otherwise normal person.

It takes a certain person to want to do what the SAS guys do, and it's not something you can whip into them ... I think it's something that has to be there already, and then built upon.
And if women have that urge then why say no to them? Note that there have been female serial killers.

Big Boss

Banned
HSC
N/A
Many of the female members of my unit are seamstresses, equestrians and cooks.
A few of them also love animals.
The rest just care about their looks, their clothing and what their armpit smells like.

Sprangler

HSC
What about Sniper Wolf? She loved animals but she was a kickass sniper.

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
what are you talking about you downys, get out of NCAP

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
I hate to say it, but in terms of physical strength, women are just not the same as men. And that's what you want in the infantry, brawn.
lol, have you seen the fat unfit guys in the "infantry".

are women strong enough to pull a trigger? there's no fistfighting, you know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)