Should women be allowed to serve in the infantry? (2 Viewers)

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
lol, have you seen the fat unfit guys in the "infantry".

are women strong enough to pull a trigger? there's no fistfighting, you know
haha well someones a dolt

are women strong enough to pick up their wounded 100kg comrades and carry them to safety? sure some might be, and they would be allowed in on their physical merits like we have been saying. not many would though

and since when is there no fistfighting? sure in a perfect fight there would be no need for that but you're kidding yourself if you think SAS is never going to be involved in hand to hand combat mate

Edit: they dont issue them with knifes and bayonets for no reason dude

or maybe they do and they just want them to carry around an extra kg of equipment for no reason, yeah thats it

and that hand to hand combat training they do must be for when they get into brawls at the pub hey

Last edited:

Sprangler

HSC
Seeing how women break down when they see a baby, I wouldn't trust one covering my back. Women are much more emotional than men, and saying that "we're all equal" or whatever is bullshit, sure with training women could physically get to the same level as some men, but men and women are different both physically and mentally, and saying otherwise is an affront to both sexes.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Seeing how women break down when they see a baby, I wouldn't trust one covering my back. Women are much more emotional than men, and saying that "we're all equal" or whatever is bullshit, sure with training women could physically get to the same level as some men, but men and women are different both physically and mentally, and saying otherwise is an affront to both sexes.
Seems like your post is mostly an affront to women.... unless you see yourself as gallantly defending their position of inferiority?

Sprangler

HSC
Since when is being disassociated from your emotions a measure of superiority?

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
sure some might be, and they would be allowed in on their physical merits like we have been saying. not many would though
Well the topic is 'should women be allowed..', as if women would be excluded without being given a chance to prove their merits.

Which is illegal under the SDA by the way, unless it can be proven that ALL women can't fulfil the inherent requirements of the position.

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
Have you noticed that not every person is identical? Well, they're not. Perhaps most women wouldn't want to be doing this kind of job, but some do, and are capable of doing it.

And as if we should exclude competent women because the men are sexist enough to want to protect them in unreasonable circumstances.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
She shouldn't have had to have been forced to join the army to gain citizenship. Surely she is a highly skilled migrant?

In regards to the question, I see no need to discriminate on the basis of gender. Provided that those in the army meet set criteria, it really makes no difference. Given the seeming antipathy to join the army from our youth, it makes no sense to automatically rule out half the eligible population.

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
I saw that before and noted how she is like 149cm and 50kg. Not exactly soldier material.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
You arent ruling out half the eligible population, you are ruling out the maybe 20 or so elite women who are fit enough, strong enough and mentally hard enough to survive and be effective on the front line. Theres a world of difference between normal army fitness for non combatants like communications [i.e roles women are usually in] which is still very fit, and that elite level of fitness that regiments like the SAS demand

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
changed my stance

women in regular infantry
but not special forces
just like the americans do it

Edit: try and prove me wrong that there would be like 50 women in the world who could complete SAS training

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
On principle, they should be allowed to.

But realistically only if they're competent enough.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
If they can do it why stop them? Doesn't hurt to let them try.

Also I'm very confident that I could find more than 50 specific women who I believe could complete SAS training.

Look no further than elite athletes - there are many more than 50:
  • CrossFit games: Commando Steve of Biggest Loser fame and ex-Australian special forces placed 4th in the mens comp. The top group of women returned similar results to him.
  • Boxing: female boxers esp in the heavier weight divisions. They run long distances and beat people up.
  • Adventure Racing: The top-tier events consist of running, orienteering, kayaking, mountain-biking, etc in arduous terrains for 5 days or longer.
  • Decathletes: ten events over two days and traditional determiner of the fittest man alive... would seem to be a similar measure for women
  • Biathletes: Cross-country running or skiing followed immediately by target shooting requires slowing the heartbeat from a massive pace to a slow one within a couple of seconds
  • Most other elite sports: lets face it elite athletes today - men or women - require an enormous strength and endurance.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Its not just about being physically fit though, its about having the right mental grit with a splash of the right kind of fucked up to be good enough. Someone said before that SAS elite troops had a similiar style of thinking serial killers. How many female serial killers can you name? The vast, vast majority of serial killers are male.

Same goes for psychopathy, the vast majority of people who suffer from psychopathy are male. Psychopathy sounds bad and serialkillerish but it isnt, it has negitives but someone with this kind of brain is also very determined, cares little about their own personal safety, is almost reckless in how they persue goals...basically an ideal soldier, and almost zero females have this sort of brain.

like i said before, theres probably only a dozen or so women who are both fit enough and have the right mindset for front line duty. No real reason to exclude based on gender, but lets not pretend there will suddenly be a huge rush of women on the front.

Sprangler

HSC
Since we were talking about what is psychologically required for someone to kill people for a living.
Well I don't know what kind of emotional tests you have to go through to become a front line soldier, but the unstable/too fragile ones would probably get found out early enough.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)