Should women be allowed to serve in the infantry? (2 Viewers)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Anyway I'm joining the army and shit when I cbf jumping through the 3568345 application hoops.

I look forward to saving your skinny butts you guys. :wave: (not rly, not applying for any sort of combat activity at all eh)

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
I am sure the army would have other reasons why they shouldnt, but i would be all for a trial to see if it works out. If they pass all tests and have the right mindset theres no reason why they couldnt atleast try it out to see if it worked ok.
What other reasons could there possibly be.

spartan31234

HSC
They should be able to

can YOU tell the difference between a female and a male spartan2 ?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
What other reasons could there possibly be.
I have no idea, i am not in the army so i can only speculate at their mindset and what they specifically object to. I have mentioned a few possible problems they might think are serious enough to consider like fraternisation being a current problem in the army especially when female officers are sleeping with subordinates, and male protectiveness of females in the field may compromise the units effectiveness. I dont really subscribe to any of these thoughts though, this is just speculation as to what they might find troubling..but that would be the whole idea of a trial, to see if any of these problems are actually real problems or just minor difficulties.

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
They have kitchens in the battlefield?

(not srs)

I have to agree with loller, if all the requirements are met, then there shouldn't be an exclusion of females from the infantry. Enough of this lolsexist shit, put the females out there. And, as for a soldier developing a relationship, yeah I get it, a lot of testosterone and lack-of-pussy-itis happening over there, but let's get real. At the end of the day, I don't care if some female soldier rejected and denied me, if a 12 year old kid with an Ak-47 is firing at her, I am going to put twenty rounds into that suckers head. Personal shit is personal. Stuff on the battlefield is strictly buisness.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
The women in the Soviet army back then had desk jobs but to make up for numbers they were sent for combat and guard duty.
although they carry M1911s compared to the males carrying AK-47s, M16s, Skorpions, etc.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
All i can say is this:
War and fighting has been a man's job since the beggining of civilisation, why challenge the intergrated culture of humankind by coming up with a question like this...? Just leave it be omg.

It's just like how female hyena's do all the hunting and give birth etc, why? caus they just do.
The Badass of the Week: Blenda and the Women of Smaland

Knock yourself out.

BTW Female hyenas have pseudo penises.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/16/us/16women.html?_r=2

LIZETTE ALVAREZ in nytimes said:
Before 2001, America’s military women had rarely seen ground combat. Their jobs kept them mostly away from enemy lines, as military policy dictates.

But the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, often fought in marketplaces and alleyways, have changed that. In both countries, women have repeatedly proved their mettle in combat. The number of high-ranking women and women who command all-male units has climbed considerably along with their status in the military.

“Iraq has advanced the cause of full integration for women in the Army by leaps and bounds,” said Peter R. Mansoor, a retired Army colonel who served as executive officer to Gen. David H. Petraeus while he was the top American commander in Iraq. “They have earned the confidence and respect of male colleagues.”

Their success, widely known in the military, remains largely hidden from public view. In part, this is because their most challenging work is often the result of a quiet circumvention of military policy.

Women are barred from joining combat branches like the infantry, armor, Special Forces and most field artillery units and from doing support jobs while living with those smaller units. Women can lead some male troops into combat as officers, but they cannot serve with them in battle.

Yet, over and over, in Iraq and Afghanistan, Army commanders have resorted to bureaucratic trickery when they needed more soldiers for crucial jobs, like bomb disposal and intelligence. On paper, for instance, women have been “attached” to a combat unit rather than “assigned.”

This quiet change has not come seamlessly — and it has altered military culture on the battlefield in ways large and small. Women need separate bunks and bathrooms. They face sexual discrimination and rape, and counselors and rape kits are now common in war zones. Commanders also confront a new reality: that soldiers have sex, and some will be evacuated because they are pregnant.

Nonetheless, as soldiers in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, women have done nearly as much in battle as their male counterparts: patrolled streets with machine guns, served as gunners on vehicles, disposed of explosives, and driven trucks down bomb-ridden roads. They have proved indispensable in their ability to interact with and search Iraqi and Afghan women for weapons, a job men cannot do for cultural reasons. The Marine Corps has created revolving units — “lionesses” — dedicated to just this task.

A small number of women have even conducted raids, engaging the enemy directly in total disregard of existing policies.

Many experts, including David W. Barno, a retired lieutenant general who commanded forces in Afghanistan; Dr. Mansoor, who now teaches military history at Ohio State University; and John A. Nagl, a retired lieutenant colonel who helped write the Army’s new counterinsurgency field manual, say it is only a matter of time before regulations that have restricted women’s participation in war will be adjusted to meet the reality forged over the last eight years.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I know a few women who serve in the US military, all of them are competent soldiers. One is even a scout recon sniper.

Garygaz

HSC
Anyone mentioned the point that women's brains lean towards emotional decision making whilst men's brains lean towards rational decision making?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Anyone mentioned the point that women's brains lean towards emotional decision making whilst men's brains lean towards rational decision making?
interesting theory, do you have any evidence to support that?

Garygaz

HSC
interesting theory, do you have any evidence to support that?
Hmm I remember seeing it on discovery not too long ago, I'd have to go check. Some scientists were testing peoples reactions to set up situations and answers to hypothetical situations.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
I know a few women who serve in the US military, all of them are competent soldiers. One is even a scout recon sniper.
Did... they...

kill your father¿?

spyro14

HSC
Just so we're clear I am in no way trying to target you by pulling you up on this one. Just because you know these women who happen to serve in the US military, how exactly do you know that they are competent soldiers in combat situations?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Just so we're clear I am in no way trying to target you by pulling you up on this one. Just because you know these women who happen to serve in the US military, how exactly do you know that they are competent soldiers in combat situations?
*Cough*

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Well my position is pretty clear on this, because shes not a psychopath. She might be mentally strong, be a cold hearted, mentally calculating bitch, but she probably still doesnt have that right degree of fucked upness and disregard for her own safety that is 1000x more common in men and make men more efficient, capable killers. Its simple numbers, men are born to kill, theres a reason why 99% of psychopaths are male, and 99.99% of serial killers are male.

I am not saying like dcb4usmcfr says that they just plain shoudnt be allowed to even try. Give them a shot, any of them that thinks they can make it have a crack at it, i just wouldnt expect many to pass the physical stuff alone, and there would only be a few hundred women in australia who can pass the mental stuff and the woman who can pass both is a rare breed indeed.
Bullshit. That is such bullshit. You don't need to be a psychopath to be on the front lines; in fact in psychological tests I think they do their best to weed that kind of thing out, because that is just as dangerous for your team mates as for the enemy.

Men's capacity towards rage and disregard for their safety is likely to make them LESS efficient killers, not more. Hence all the years of training to follow orders and be a team member.

Far out, you ARE sexist, and you have no idea what you're on about.

Azarnakumar

Banned
HSC
ompossible brother didnt you read, womon are banned from joining combat groups etc so they cant be a scout sniper lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)