Show Us Your Preparation For Hsc! (1 Viewer)

vasuu91

HSC
wow the '09 bunch seems pretty paranoid
having a vast booklist doesnt necessarily mean ur gonna ace the exams and if ur a freak (in a very good way) and plan to go through 25 books or whatever, just remember studying hard isnt always the right thing to do, its heaps more important to study smart.

and for all the regular, normal people out there- dont compare ur preparation namu's coz face it- he's special...and theres only one person who can top the state :p

(though i would laugh very hard if he doesnt get top)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
What's the point of having so many books if you won't have the time to do every single question?

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Aplus said:
What's the point of having so many books if you won't have the time to do every single question?
That's like saying what's the point of having any textbook if you won't have time to do every single question...

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Continuum said:
That's like saying what's the point of having any textbook if you won't have time to do every single question...
The phrase I used was, "so many". Obviously anyone can find the time to do all the questions in "any" textbook. Also, one textbook does not equate to the length of Namu's list.

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
I didn't even bother reading past the first page but I must say you 09ers are one super keen bunch! Especially lyounamu--topping the state I reckon! Haha, I only had my school textbooks, the 2U and 3U pink and green past questions books and a few sheets from my tutors for maths and that was about it. You really don't need so many unless you're sure you'll attempt them all. And remember, it's not just the practice that will make you do well on the day, it's also how you answer the question and sometimes that's dependent on luck. So what I guess I'm trying to say is, don't think the practice alone will get you that perfect score (though it will definitely bring you very close to)--also be able to apply it should something unexpected come up. This applies especially for English and humanities subjects.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Aplus said:
The phrase I used was, "so many". Obviously anyone can find the time to do all the questions in "any" textbook. Also, one textbook does not equate to the length of Namu's list.
Yeah but the point you were making in your original post was that you have textbooks to do every single question - which is obviously stupid. If you weren't making that point, you were implying it at the very least.

shaon0

HSC
Continuum said:
Yeah but the point you were making in your original post was that you have textbooks to do every single question - which is obviously stupid. If you weren't making that point, you were implying it at the very least.
Yeah i agree.

shaon0

HSC
lyounamu said:
I was recently cleaning my arsenal and came across the fact that I might be under-prepared for my HSC subjects except Mathematics and Mathematics Extension 1.

My books truly speak for themselves actually:

Mathematics:
Sucess One 2U
Sucess One 3U
Yr 11 Cambridge 3U
Yr 12 Cambridge 2U
Leading Edge 2U
Leading Edge 3U
Excel Prelim 2U
Excel Prelim 3U
Excel HSC 2U
Excel HSC 3U
Coroneous 2U
Arnold 2U
Smith 2U
Excel Revision 2U
Excel Topic by topic 2U
50 Tips 2 Unit
Pocketbook 3 Unit
Fitzy 2U
Fitzy 3U
Excel Step-by-Step 2U
Couchman 3U 1st
Couchman 3U 2nd
And 3 other not-named books for maths

Bio:
Jacaranda HSC
Heinemann
Spotlight
Excel
Oxford
Dot-point

English:
10 books - don't want to name - too long

SOR
Excel
Random Textbook
LOL

Business
Textbook
LOL

I just showed off some books I have but the purpose of this thread is to show what your preparations are for HSC. You don't necessarily have to show books. Just my thought.
Shaon0 said:
Maths:
Cambridge 3unit
3unit mathematics 1 and 2 by Jones, Couchman (borrowed from library)
4unit fitzpatrick (borrowed from library)

English:
Some lame novels and plays which i've read upto chapter 2.

SOR 1:
Living Religion

Physics:
Physics Contexts 1

Chemistry:
Chemistry Contexts 1

Biology:
some crap bio text book and prac manual.
Lyounamu, Compare my booklist to your. I feel so stupid right now :( lol

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
shaon0 said:
Lyounamu, Compare my booklist to your. I feel so stupid right now :( lol
It's not really like I bought them all. I just happened to get them for free/really cheap from my mates and people around me.

It only cost $300 all together for maths books. (considering that I have 20 books or so).

And no, the reason why I "bought" these books is to practise different types of questions and currently I can confidently say that I have looked through 10 of those quite thoroughly. I mean, nothing can be enough...

And guys, please don't pressure me. The thread is dedicated to YOU, not me. I am just an average bloke... :(

Last edited:

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Kaatie said:
what ones do you have for food tech? i have the yellow jacaranda one and the senior excel one. i cant find any more.
i have the Jacaranda Food Technology in Action 2nd Edition and 3rd Edition (I recommend getting it) and the Heinnemann Food Technology (in Senior Years) (also really good) i'm going to get the Excel soon and i think therre is a cambridge one as well.

beve

Jesus
HSC
lyounamu said:
And guys, please don't pressure me. The thread is dedicated to YOU, not me. I am just an average bloke... :(
Yes.. average. I feel inadequate. Heh.

Lyly

HSC
Oh man, I'm wondering if I should get more textbooks after seeing Namu's list lol :D
Here's mine:

ENGLISH
Nothing... but I have a copy of one of the prescribed texts (Frankenstein), does that count? :p
(But yeah... how you write your essays and your interpretation of the texts is going to be more important)

CHEMISTRY
- Conquering Chem (from school)
- Chemistry Contexts

PHYSICS
- Jacaranda Physics (love it!)
- Physics in Context, 1st edition (the most boring textbook I have ever seen... :mad1:)

BIOLOGY
- Heinneman Biology
- Biology in Context

MATHS
- Cambridge 3U
- Couchman 3U (from school)

And from my cousin:
- Maths in Focus 2U (lol, he didn't know better :rofl:)

Supaman92

HSC
I've started to gather textbooks for my subjects, but i'm not sure what i'll get from my school so im waiting till the second week to buy/borrow more textbooks.
So far though i've probably only got around 20-30 books (that is including, textbooks, 'guides', and past paper books)

Iyounamu, you soo crayzeh, lol nah i actually think its really good you've got and done the questions to so many of the books listed, that shows a LOT of committment, goodluck

souadhaneen

HSC
lyounamu said:
I was recently cleaning my arsenal and came across the fact that I might be under-prepared for my HSC subjects except Mathematics and Mathematics Extension 1.

My books truly speak for themselves actually:

Mathematics:
Sucess One 2U
Sucess One 3U
Yr 11 Cambridge 3U
Yr 12 Cambridge 2U
Leading Edge 2U
Leading Edge 3U
Excel Prelim 2U
Excel Prelim 3U
Excel HSC 2U
Excel HSC 3U
Coroneous 2U
Arnold 2U
Smith 2U
Excel Revision 2U
Excel Topic by topic 2U
50 Tips 2 Unit
Pocketbook 3 Unit
Fitzy 2U
Fitzy 3U
Excel Step-by-Step 2U
Couchman 3U 1st
Couchman 3U 2nd
And 3 other not-named books for maths

Bio:
Jacaranda HSC
Heinemann
Spotlight
Excel
Oxford
Dot-point

English:
10 books - don't want to name - too long

SOR
Excel
Random Textbook
LOL

Business
Textbook
LOL

I just showed off some books I have but the purpose of this thread is to show what your preparations are for HSC. You don't necessarily have to show
books. Just my thought.
Hey guys, I am about 10 days away from HSC and have tonns of books, while some are helpful and resources are always good, they are not necessary for content based subjects ie. Modern History. I didnt even look at some of my books and do not feel underprepared at all. It is a matter of knowing whats on the syllabus and the best source is your class text book. Unless you have careless teachers, they know what theyre doing and will make sure that you are prepared. advice: if you do learn content and have time, then go through other books, however they should not substitute for class books. ie do not replace reading a novel with study guides, big mistake!!!!!! anyhow good luck next year, oh and this year to the guy with all the maths books(sorry cant remember your nik)---you seem like a committed bunch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)