Single.. Who has never had a Girlfriend/boyfriend? (1 Viewer)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
or hang out before dating or not ask them out unless if you honestly believe it is going to last, then if it doesnt it doesnt. I know of people who have broken up with people cos they didnt think they would get married.
Okay, ignoring sex why do you think it's wrong for a boy and girl to have a close relationship if they aren't going to get married? There is no harm in it at all.

HSC
Riet said:
Because it can be fun spending time with someone and having a deep and meaningful connection with them even without sex?

Why do you have close friends (of either gender)? If you can't see why people would want to date you're pretty dumb.

Edit: And how do you know a relationship is going to last if you never start it?
but close friends are different to dates/bf/gf's i have heaps of close friends male and female and i see one of the males in a romatic way but that is different to dating them, i would not act on the feelings yet because:
- i dont believe he feels the same way
- I dont think i am at the right time in my life to look for a serious relationship

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Riet said:
Edit: And how do you know a relationship is going to last if you never start it?
And more importantly, how the hell are you supposed to know you want to marry someone before you even start the relationship?

"hey, what have you got planned for the next 50 years?"

HSC
Riet said:
Okay, ignoring sex why do you think it's wrong for a boy and girl to have a close relationship if they aren't going to get married? There is no harm in it at all.
close relationship or boyfriend girlfriend relationship, If you are dating and then end it because you like them but would never marry them how would that not cause someone to get hurt?

HSC=/=LIFE

HSC
N/A
I support emytaylor. I hope she finds someone she can spend the rest of her life with before dating or sex.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
close relationship or boyfriend girlfriend relationship, If you are dating and then end it because you like them but would never marry them how would that not cause someone to get hurt?
Why would you end it because you're never going to marry them? That's just silly. If you like someone romantically how the fuck are you going to know if you want to marry each other until you try going out first? Even if you don't believe in sex before marriage where does it say that you can't enjoy intimacy with someone?

HSC
Riet said:
Why would you end it because you're never going to marry them? That's just silly. If you like someone romantically how the fuck are you going to know if you want to marry each other until you try going out first? Even if you don't believe in sex before marriage where does it say that you can't enjoy intimacy with someone?
well why be in a relationship that is going no-where

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Riet said:
why would you bother with a relationship, if you know it will eventually end with someone getting hurt.

Ultimatly i dont see the point of been in a romantic relationship if you know it is going to end or you can not see it going any where

HSC
=)lisa said:
hmm wow, i have to say after hearing the argument FOR relationships that might not last.... i have to say i take in ur point :)

aside from sex (and all things physical) i cant say im in favour of rushing into relationships that i would like to last longer than just a fling, only coz half the time it comes down in a heap real fast.

i havent dated before, one of the reasons being i just havent met someone who i think it would work with any longer than a blink of an eye. i mean, without having dated, its been clear that MANY guys are just after physical stuff, or perhaps those that arent just arent my type etc.

basically, i think, if you both seem for it and think it will work for whatever period of time you want, then by all means go for it.

im just sayin i dont like it when ppl rush into relationships expecting it to last forever without having gotten to know the person, and then come crying back.

just my two cents :)
I'm with you here.

Theres alot of girls around here after sex, i'm serious. They are having so much boyfriends in one year. Few of them are having too much emotion time even for crying after the break ups.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Charity F said:
That's what we've been saying.

That's not what he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riet

Besides, that's the way the world goes.

Fairytale stuff, hun. And with 'waiting' comes pain. And you wouldn't want to hurt someone that you (potentially) loved, would you?

Sorry for the sarcasm. Your argument just seems a little unrealistic. And contradicting.
I dont think it is un-realistic all.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
why would you bother with a relationship, if you know it will eventually end with someone getting hurt.

Ultimatly i dont see the point of been in a romantic relationship if you know it is going to end or you can not see it going any where
BUT YOU CAN'T TELL IF ITS GOING ANYWHERE IF YOU DON'T START IT. Holy shit, are you that thick? Enjoy only ever sleeping with one man who is inexperienced and useless. Enjoy having your life unfulfilled. Enjoy 30 years of the same boring sex and never experiencing how great it can be being touched with passion.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Riet said:
BUT YOU CAN'T TELL IF ITS GOING ANYWHERE IF YOU DON'T START IT. Holy shit, are you that thick? Enjoy only ever sleeping with one man who is inexperienced and useless. Enjoy having your life unfulfilled. Enjoy 30 years of the same boring sex and never experiencing how great it can be being touched with passion.
Riet , im not trying to be a pain or anything...but how would u know what its like to wait , seeing as you havent? (not against you in the slightest , i mean the question innocently)
I agree that once you've done something , that appetite is awakened , but how about before then?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Riet said:

So Riet thinks he's pretty good in bed eh.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Riet , im not trying to be a pain or anything...but how would u know what its like to wait , seeing as you havent? (not against you in the slightest , i mean the question innocently)
I agree that once you've done something , that appetite is awakened , but how about before then?
I had relationships before I had sex. Did I think I was going to marry someone I dated in year 10? Hell no, but why wouldn't I ask them out and see where it goes? Although it may be unrealistic to assume I will spend my life with them, plenty of people marry their highschool sweethearts. Why would I deprive myself of having a deep emotional relationship with someone simply because marriage is unlikely?
scarybunny said:
So Riet thinks he's pretty good in bed eh.
Better than someone who's a virgin until they get married at 30.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Someone immediately saying they want a serious relationship and then the other person crying about it seems a lot weirder than asking someone out based on mutual attraction and just seeing how it goes IMO. I don't see how christianity comes into it. Where in the bible does it say you can't date people before you get married?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Riet said:
Someone immediately saying they want a serious relationship and then the other person crying about it seems a lot weirder than asking someone out based on mutual attraction and just seeing how it goes IMO. I don't see how christianity comes into it. Where in the bible does it say you can't date people before you get married?
Lol i dont see whee christianity comes into it either , but its just something lots of people at church seem to do...

I cried because my boyfriend is very blunt (he just thought he should be upfront about the depth of his intention , lol) and i actually thought he was proposing , lol. He was a family friend ive known since i was a little girl...and all my friends liked him...although i liked him i always saw him as way too old for me. (hence shocked confused tears...plus was scared how my friends who liked him would take it etc)
Also , we gave it a year of being just friends before we started going out alone together more frequently and behaving as a couple...so in a way id say ive really only been with him for a year.
Oh , also he thought i knew he liked me...i didnt :)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
*TRUE* said:
:(
Fair enough...
I never dated , dad wasnt in it and i was pretty scared of guys (wasnt around them much)
My boyfriend asked me out 2 yrs ago and said he'd liked me for ages and wanted a serious relationship with a view to marriage (that he wasnt just mucking around) Sounds weird ( i ran to my best friends house and cried-lol-didnt know how to take it ) but alot of Christians do it that way (I think?)
You're special.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
emytaylor164 said:

Feelings change over time. The world and human relations aren't as simple as you're making them out to be. Normal people gradually grow accustomed to the idea of marriage, and feelings of wanting to be together permanently, after a significant period of time.

Most of your current friendships will probablly up going nowhere, in a few short years time you won't be speaking to most of them. You'll have some dramatic failings out with your friends, ending with someone getting hurt.

Does this make the friends you currently have, and the friendships you've had in the past pointless?

Relationships don't have to end with someone getting hurt. It can end peacefully, you can remain friends with a former partner.

HSC
Well theres gotta be something to be gifted.

I mean theres alot of attractive people are really missing a relationship part of their life especially Lisa and I. Maybe even including other people in here we never had a gf/bf. Some people with disability like i have is much more harder than any of you.

Life is hard but it should get easier.

Any suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)