• Singleplayer is more important

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Multiplayer is more important

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Do you prefer a game to have a riveting campaign or addictive multiplayer? Do you decide on your game on whether it has a captivating single player quest, or a solid multiplayer you can duke it out on with your friends?

IMO, as an only child I have always placed more priority on the single-player components of games, they just seem to have an added layer of depth to multiplayer, a grandeur and certain epicness that cannot be emulated in a multiplayer environment.

However, what's more important in your opinion, single-player or multiplayer?</SPAN>

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Definitely single-player, it needs to be captivating to have me play all the way through. Multi-player can be important but most games are built so they are both. RTSes are brilliant examples, the game is pretty much the same either way and offers endless opportunity for customisation and the like. But, yeah single-player should be the most important aspect, you shouldn't need to play online or go find some friends(I know all of us here don't have any :p) to enjoy a game fully.

HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely single-player, it needs to be captivating to have me play all the way through. Multi-player can be important but most games are built so they are both. RTSes are brilliant examples, the game is pretty much the same either way and offers endless opportunity for customisation and the like. But, yeah single-player should be the most important aspect, you shouldn't need to play online or go find some friends(I know all of us here don't have any :p) to enjoy a game fully.
Yeh, games really should be both but the ability to play either offline against bots and/or in a single player campaign is p much imperative. That said games such as tf2 are multi only and I don't feel any single player element is required at all, so obvs depends on game style etc.

But yeh, single is generally where I play most depending on the game of course, and I find it to be more fun, speaking very generally and broadly across all games and stuff.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on the game and whats required to win ;)

I dont mind both tho.

deviousgeek

The Game.
HSC
Usually, with the exception of such games as Tribes 2, Some RTS's like Starcraft and Unreal Tournament (Although that does have a lot of SP content), i'll buy a game for it's single player content, and just get the multiplayer content as a side-dish.

greekgun

HSC
I think there both important...single player is usually what interests me in the game itself, what spurs me on to buy and play it. But multiplayer is what keeps you playing that game over and over. But im going with single player, although i think there pretty much equally important.

HSC
Uni Grad
I go for the single-player part but some multi-player only games like the Battlefield series are awesome too.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Any game needs a good campaign story to grab the audience and a great multiplayer mode to keep the audience interested after the campaign is over.

I dunno, but many games that are multiplayer only seem to have a massive lack of depth that later on just creates boredom, fast.

Just look at the Halo series. It is hugely popular because of the captivating story and kept alive by the fanbase that plays it over X-box live.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Single player for most games.

But multiplayer for Fighting games.

HSC
Uni Grad
Any game needs a good campaign story to grab the audience and a great multiplayer mode to keep the audience interested after the campaign is over.

I dunno, but many games that are multiplayer only seem to have a massive lack of depth that later on just creates boredom, fast.

Just look at the Halo series. It is hugely popular because of the captivating story and kept alive by the fanbase that plays it over X-box live.
The Battlefield series is multi-player only and is very popular, BF1942 was released 8 years ago and there a still a couple of hundred players online at any time.

HSC
Uni Grad
Well you don't have to play BF online, at least not 1942 and 2, not sure about 2142.

Or do you strictly mean single player campaign when you say single player?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i definitely enjoy a good story mode, though certain games are good multiplayer.

u can play a game in story mode as many times as u want but it'll eventually get boring. Multiplayer will always be fun.

HalcyonSky

HSC
multiplayer for sure, almost infinite replayability and i find it just more stimulating in general, testing your skill vs someone else or collecting itams to look cool etc etc

Sokolov

HSC
N/A
ahahaha singleplayers.
more like you play with yourself every night ohohohohohohohohohohoho

but in multiplayer is more fun.
only modernwarfare 2 because you cannot be kicked.
hack, cheat, boost you name it.
stuff cod4 bf2 or other game
fuck you all.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Of late I've been buying games that either specifically for multiplayer or they have a good single player with an added on multiplayer focus.

Considering I spend a considerable more amount of hours playing online multiplayer then I do finishing a single player campaign, as once finished I usually don't go back - it's certainly worth the money.

Tastegud

HSC
Games that try to do both SP and MP usually fail lol.
Well I'm saying that with the exception of probably COD series.

But COD only attracts such a large multiplayer crowd because no matter how bad you are at the game, u can still enjoy it.

Definitely put multiplayer. Single player games are one off things. I finished COD6 in like 3 days (not playing it allday obviously, just from when i installed), and got bored and have not touched it since.
I've been playing CSS competitively since 2008 and still do, because the multiplayer is great :) Not saying it's the best game, just what I think.

If you look at Steam Statistics, the top played games are all multiplayer.

1. COD6 - Multiplayer
2. CSS
3. CS1.6
4. TF2
etc

Probably in the first few days of release the SP games would have a bit of playtime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)