Site Redesign Competition ($300 Prize!) (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
force desperate hsc students to scroll through 5 pages of ads to get to the delicious resources, guaranteed $$$$$$$$

Examine

same
HSC
Ohexploitable that looks really good though lol, except for the ads.

HSC
Uni Grad
For this site, I think it should bring back the LaTeX in the advanced reply because I heard originally that there was LaTeX so people can write maths on it. Furthermore, in regards to the general idea and display of the forum, I reckon it could possibly have a chat service (many factors to consider about this) and about the colour scheme, I think it is best to keep with the white and blue.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
What's wrong with the existing one? I like this :)

Though yeah some changes will be good.

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Get rid of the 'community' and 'resources' boxes on the homepage. They take up way too much space and don't really add anything to the site or make things more accessible or clearer. They were poorly implemented in the first place.

I agree with ohexploitable that there needs to be a unified site. The current situation where the forum is disconnected from the rest of the site is bizzare. It's like there's two entirely different sites. the navigation bars on the two are different too. weird.

I think the colour scheme should retain the bos blue. It would look really good along side a dark grey I think.

zombies

HSC
Photoshop? Geez, I'm drawing my design on some scrap paper and then scanning it and emailing it.

No need to go overboard...
Haha just because you're not doing it doesn't mean its overboard! In the first post: "So sketch out your thoughts or fire up photoshop and come up with a mockup. "

lydia1992

scientificfield
HSC
Uni Grad
Okay guys this is my entry, I did this in around 2 hours? but taking a lot of of on and off's breaks etc, and I was kind of scared since I couldn't fit everything but I tried to give off the general idea of the design I hope this doesn't hinder my chances, it shouldn't right? Also for the advertisements you have the main header one and would have 2 below the page or you would either have 2 below everything you would have on the main page or you have have them on the 2 sides which are left blank which can give plentiful advertising space which is just isn't used on the current one or it can be left free. I mainly tried to go for a sleek, crisp, simple look with the black, blue grey main colours and the very light white pinkish text for buttons yeah I couldn't fit the all in but if this is used re-sizing isn't really a problem but you can see what the buttons are like

For the user home I thought it would be nice to have it there instead of the side, which is kind of a waste of space so having it just under the navigation menu makes it quick and easy to access and saves space unlike the one on the main page also if you were to not be a member it would be having the register/login and with a warm welcome to catch users attention making it easier for them and more tempted to sign up to the forums.

I really hope everyone likes my design and hope its aesthetically pleasing if anyone has any constructive criticism please post as I would love to improve my skills I haven't been on photoshop for a year or so so I just went simple. Good luck to everyone else in the competition I hope this may be the winner and help BoS Re-Design the forums!

it's not that bad but it's toooooooooooooo black, make it brighter :)

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
Okay guys this is my entry, I did this in around 2 hours? but taking a lot of of on and off's breaks etc, and I was kind of scared since I couldn't fit everything but I tried to give off the general idea of the design I hope this doesn't hinder my chances, it shouldn't right? Also for the advertisements you have the main header one and would have 2 below the page or you would either have 2 below everything you would have on the main page or you have have them on the 2 sides which are left blank which can give plentiful advertising space which is just isn't used on the current one or it can be left free. I mainly tried to go for a sleek, crisp, simple look with the black, blue grey main colours and the very light white pinkish text for buttons yeah I couldn't fit the all in but if this is used re-sizing isn't really a problem but you can see what the buttons are like

For the user home I thought it would be nice to have it there instead of the side, which is kind of a waste of space so having it just under the navigation menu makes it quick and easy to access and saves space unlike the one on the main page also if you were to not be a member it would be having the register/login and with a warm welcome to catch users attention making it easier for them and more tempted to sign up to the forums.

I really hope everyone likes my design and hope its aesthetically pleasing if anyone has any constructive criticism please post as I would love to improve my skills I haven't been on photoshop for a year or so so I just went simple. Good luck to everyone else in the competition I hope this may be the winner and help BoS Re-Design the forums!
It's the fonts bro.
It's not a terrible idea, just a terrible implementation

zombies

HSC
I'm not the best at Photoshop but ah well here's my entry:

Full size: http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/8970/bose.png

I might do another one/finish this one off at some other point.

So basically I kept to the blue/white colour scheme, kept the BOS man in the header, the grey bar is where an advertisement could go.

I put the Community/Resources sections next to eachother as I think that it's better if both are displayed when a visitor opens up the BOS homepage. Currently the community section is on top, and then the resources section is further down the page, and although I never actually visit the homepage, I feel that it's better that people who view the homepage get to see both side by side.. especially when there's the room for it. Also there's the potential that a visitor might not realise that there's a 'latest resources' section further down the page.

Arikasa

HSC

So basically I kept to the blue/white colour scheme, kept the BOS man in the header, the grey bar is where an advertisement could go.

I put the Community/Resources sections next to eachother as I think that it's better if both are displayed when a visitor opens up the BOS homepage. Currently the community section is on top, and then the resources section is further down the page, and although I never actually visit the homepage, I feel that it's better that people who view the homepage get to see both side by side.. especially when there's the room for it. Also there's the potential that a visitor might not realise that there's a 'latest resources' section further down the page.
That header looks really good :)

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC

Heaps better then anything I could do. Also, good effort :)

D94

HSC
N/A
Nothing different really, just a bit more modern looking. Not really sure what to put on the home page :/

Full size

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)