• Gimme skinnies!!!

Votes: 37 36.3%
  • Bootlegs and flares

Votes: 65 63.7%

• Total voters

passion89

HSC
kathelle said:
I think that we are going to look back on skinny jeans and cringe. I mean look at them and tell me if there isnt a little niggling thought in th back of your mind that there is something wrong. I think it will be a fashion mistake when we look back.
Definately agree with you there

Skinnies kinda remind me of the 80's for some reason...

Fault

HSC
Bootlegs rock.

Don't you find it ironic that skinny legs are introduced when we're in an obesity crisis? -_-

coolioes

HSC
i wonder what will come after skinnies? we've done the flares, now the skinnies and the bootcut will always be around... maybe really baggy because fashion usually goes from one extreme to another. any ideas anyone?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i have uh 5 pairs of skinny leg jeans haha.
i only really wear the two which are a bit baggier cos i've lost weight and they're comfortable and versatiale. i don't get this whole 'bigger girls can't wear skinnkies' thing... i'm a size 12-14 and i wear almost exclusively skinnies and i think i look fine. at first i made the mistake of thinking the lee supatubes were the only ones worth looking at (and they're a HORRIBLE cut and v unflattering on most people; you're better off looking at tsubi or levis) but yeah... now i know better.

i have a couple of pairs of bootcuts though, the main pair i wear aren't even that flattering i think. they're from bettina liano so they're a good cut, they're just too loose.

technoHarmony

nnnnnnnn
HSC
coolioes said:
i wonder what will come after skinnies? we've done the flares, now the skinnies and the bootcut will always be around... maybe really baggy because fashion usually goes from one extreme to another. any ideas anyone?
high rise jeans! :p

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
I prefer bootleg. I find them to be a lot more comfortable, and plus, they balance out the rest of my body. They also look great with boots and ballet flats :)
I don’t mind skinny jeans, but I feel that bootlegs suit me a lot better.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Lizard_Queen said:
If your obese of course skinny legs are NOT the jean for you..
and i doubt anyone who is 'huge' would be wanting to wear them either.....
oh i know some largish girls who love them to death and think they look fabulous in them when really they don't look so fantastic (god that was restrained of me). stupid emo girls (okay that wasn't)

not to be rude but really skinnies aren't for those above a size 12 or so.

i love my skinnies to death though but if i'm having a fat day i won't subject the general public to me in them.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i used to wear almost exclusively skinnies, but now i live in slouch man-style jeans from joes. they are way more comfortable and, despite what you may think at first, are actually very flattering.

although i still wear my skinnies out at night or with boots (i think bootcuts with boots look terrible) but during the day tight jeans are too constricting, you feel that you just cant breathe, all in the name of style...

but i agree that most people suit the slight flaring at the ankle that bootcuts have, because it balances out their hips. i wear them if i'm not feeling very confindent. they're all purpose jeans.

however, i've only just started wearing pants again very recently. until then i was a spencer/summer dress girl.

kimmie.xoxo

HSC
i love my skinny jeans, ive invested alot of money into skinny jeans. bootlegs are cool too but currently i just really like skinny jeans. i dont like flares.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i hope skinnies start phasing out anytime now
does anyone else peel off their skinnies and have sore knees after a day of wearing them? :rofl:

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
i own several pairs of jeans
flares (not like wow flares, but more so bootleg) are more flattering for me
i wish i could wear skinnies of al types.. but my hips jst stick out way too much lol
i only ever wear my lee supatoobs with heels and a flattering top, it takes the focus away

missroadkill

HSC
N/A
i love my skinnies. And I dun care what anyone says.. I'll still wear them! They're really comfy for me and no, I also dun like the look of the full-on skinny skinnies if you know what I mean.. the ones that really sticks to your legs all the way.
However, I reckon straight legs are the classic cut that everyone shld have at least a pair of in the wardrobe! Doubt it'll ever go out of style.

Bootlegs? I have a few pairs but I haven't worn them since a year ago! And flares, no way, not EVER.

arrested development
HSC
I don't know why everyone thinks that skinny leg jeans are some new thing. I mean, hell, my dad has been wearing them since the 70's, and all the trendy kids wore them throughout the 80's and a select few even did in the 90's. They went out of fashion then, and they'll go out of fashion again in 5 years. Fashion comes in cycles. ;)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
iambored said:
i hope skinnies start phasing out anytime now
does anyone else peel off their skinnies and have sore knees after a day of wearing them? :rofl:
I don't think any fashion item that's so tight it needs to be peeled off is worth wearing, no matter how good it looks.

rumour

HSC
I can't find a good pair of skinnies anywhere!

A friend told me that none of the stores have them anymore, because they have gone out of fashion!!!

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
Jeans are one of those things where its so hard to categorize them. Like everyone is saying, it really depends on what suits the person individuality. I think skinnies look awesome on the right kind of person. Theres a girl at uni whos the 5'9 size 8 type and she pulls off the skinnies really well. Personally bootlegs flatter me more and im not a fan of flares.

Skeeta

HSC
i think i'm gonna buy another pair of skinnies - i have a pair of black mavi ones, but they've kinda turned grey because bloody mother refuses to turn them inside out when she washes them/hangs in sun

i only realised the other day - i'll be washing my own expensive items of clothing from now on

i feel so povo, but i tihnk i'm gonna buy a pair from Jay Jays $40. At least they're black!

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i heart my skinnies. and i even fit them better now since ive lost weight (unintentionally..but my calves are def strangely thinner)

i want to know though.. where can i get blue denim ones that arent lees? in other words, is it possible to find a blue denim pair of skinny jeans < $99?

i cant find any anywhere :( and im trying to save money :(

technoHarmony

nnnnnnnn
HSC
Born Dancer said:
i heart my skinnies. and i even fit them better now since ive lost weight (unintentionally..but my calves are def strangely thinner)

i want to know though.. where can i get blue denim ones that arent lees? in other words, is it possible to find a blue denim pair of skinny jeans < $99?

i cant find any anywhere :( and im trying to save money :(
just jeans, jeans west or even jay jays?
also check out general pants for sales, ive seen the supatubes under $100

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
I don't care abt the current fashion - just what looks good on me, and others...personally I think flares balance the legs out - it flatters the body if you already look good, or it balances out ur hips if they're too wide. Other styles, such as skinnies and bootlegs, just emphasises the "bad" bits such as the hips and gives no balance to the body.

I just love flares - but if you've got small hips - go for anything. I just never liked other styles much even though I've got the body for it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)