So much to do so little time (2 Viewers)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
English is shit. So not doing it in uni (bachelor of belonging anyone?)

I wanna learn something meaningful and actually useful

English at uni is gr8

dat pure maffs and english literature major

HSC
Uni Grad
bitch please. when you get to uni, you only have 1 week of STUVAC compared with 3-4 weeks of STUVAC for HSC =_=

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yes and no. Uni English is more proper English study, not bullcrap English study like in the HSC

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I see...for how many exams

...Please define "Proper" English study
4 exams or so. But the weighting is 50-80% usually.

Also you study English to find out why they're good texts, or why they are in a particular genre, or how society has shaped how they are written

not "this shows belonging _____________"

Module B probably gets you the closest to what Uni English is. It's a question of why the text is good.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Damn Uni sounds hard, now i don't wanna go...but its better than high school right? more meaningful cos if uni is like high school i might as well give-up studying...
Yes it is better than high school.

Uni is harder, but it's up to you whether you want to scrape passes or aim for HDs.

Personally I am for HDs so that means a bit more stress coming into exam period because I want to do well - while some others are content to get final marks of 50 or more and just pass.

Will_1008

HSC
homgoodness.. i've done about 1 - 1 1/2 hours a day T_T soo bad... i can't seem to just sit down and study... friggin english tho!!! arghhh

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
So its little bit under "HSC" exams twice a year for uni... actually that doesnt seem so bad with compared with school assessments every term, half yearly and trials and HSC compressed into Year 12
You have assignments as well during semester. You usually get 2 or 3, and then a very highly weighted final.

In fact, it's arguably more stressful than the HSC because I remember I did a course with an 80% weighted final exam - 4 questions, 2 hours. Each page was worth 20% of my final mark.

zb123

HSC
Shadowdude, you dont do the hsc, why do you insist on commenting on every forum? move on..

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Shadowdude, you dont do the hsc, why do you insist on commenting on every forum? move on..
i did the hsc

ergo, i am one of the best sources of hsc related information, uni related information and the like

i also used to give atar estimates and sometimes help people with their hsc troubles

So you know, you're welcome.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Good god, is there anything about uni thats fun?...plz don't give me some nerd answer like... "exams are fun" OR even worse . "you come to uni to study and to get a job" stuff/ bleh.
Uni is what you make of it.

If you decide to sit in the computer labs all day playing video games because you find that fun - then you can.

If you decide to lounge about on the grass and sunbathe all day - then you can.

Tons of things at uni are fun. Join a club. Walk around. Meet people. I dunno, possibilities are endless.

catarina_larkin

HSC
N/A
Has anyone else been using the scischool webcasts and notes for their maths and science study? they're so helpful. i've been loving them!!

becca12

HSC
still CANNOT do modern, its soooooo effiing harrd :(
waaay too much to learn! i wish i never picked it grr

rsagar

HSC
Uni Grad
Has any else only got 1 related text for English?

Well, I'm screwed... I need one more related texts for all modules... so much
annotating... so little time :rage: ENGLISH !!!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Good god, is there anything about uni thats fun?...plz don't give me some nerd answer like... "exams are fun" OR even worse . "you come to uni to study and to get a job" stuff/ bleh.
Uni is fun because I have a ton of friends am in a ton of societies and party all the time.

The work is terrible though. So I pretty much don't do it. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)