• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer talk eg. prem league, champ league, serie a etc (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i reckon trappatoni is past hes used by date... its fine thrashing azebaijan and finland 4-0 etc but he really hasnt worked it well against more challenging oppostion...esp. in his tactics department

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I reckon if he can produce results better than the Azzuri's recent experiences of WC2002, he should stay... and anyway, they have a tendency of not livin' up to expectations.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Trap was skating on thin ice, but i think now his position is stable, and his formations are very reminiscent of Brasil's attacking style:

-------------Buffon
Oddo-Canna-Nesta-Zambrotta
--Perotta-Zanetti-Fiore
--------------Totti
-----Vieri-------------Inzaghi

They use wingbacks (oddo/zambro) the same way Brasil uses Cafu/R.Carlos.. they have Totti where Ronaldinho plays, and the usual attacking duo. I reckin they can win Euro2004 if they play well enough, they definently have the players/formation to do it.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
they have had the players for a while, look what happened in the wc.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
But Euro isn't as big as WC, so it's less likely they'll choke. :p

Generator

HSC
N/A
Actually, it is just as big as the World Cup to the Europeans. Many (ie Soccernet) also regard it as being of a higher standard than the World Cup in general terms due to the inclusion of only the better teams from Europe rather than the better teams from all the confederations (many of which are seen as being inferior to the Europeans, which is true to a certain extent, I guess, although the last World Cup has finally shown that that idea can be challenged on the field) which is what happens in the World Cup.

That was a long line.

Last edited:

ricenoodles

HSC
indeed :)

i have a feeling that the czech republic are gonna do well

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
ive always liked the czech republic, they have a good team.

anyway, do any of you guys play fifa? if so, grab the new pc demo for fifa 2004. It looks, plays and feels 10 times better than fifa 2003.

ricenoodles

HSC
the only fifa that i've played was fifa 2000...which is like super old now.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
chelsea vs arseneal tonight on sbs, what a game that will be. 2 - 1 to chelsea i reckon.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I'm more incline to go for a 2-2 Draw. This is because, Arsenal will score, Chelsea just don't defend like they use to (last season)... just look at the number of goals they've conceded to date. Having said that, one of Arsenal's goals could come from a dive from Pires.

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
does any one hate arsenal. No I mean REALLY HATE ARSENAL. wot a bunch of faggots, especially the overrated viera, and martin keown, who is about 1000yrs old. If they're losing or drawing they go for the nice old cheating option i.e send pires into the box let him get blown over by the wind and claim trip.
Most hated premier league player: thierry " arrogant frenchmen" henry.

well i'll guess i'll be laughin in may when man utd hold that trophy aloft...again thanx to the mighty roy keane.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
If you breeze through most of the EPL threads, you'll find we all like ;) Arsenal.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
I like Arsenal, except for Ray Parlour.. his tackles are often rash and un-timed, and he is often shown up by his French team-mates for his lack of flair and technical talent.

I also don't like Martin Keown, or Ashley Cole.. in fact i would only be satisfied if their whole team was French/Brasilian.

Anyway the Chelsea-Arsenal game wasn't bad.. could have done with some more goals, although i must admit Crespo's one was very special, even if they were a common occurance for him back in Italia.

Milan-Lazio tonight, hopefully i will get some good news when i wake up and check the scores before waddling off to the firing range (English exam).. Sempre Rossonero!

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Milan has the upper hand. Juventus have only played 1 scudetto contender (Roma) who they drew with.. Milan have played 2 (Inter & Lazio) and won both. :)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Our favourite teams are back in action. Arsenal ;), Chelsea, Juve, AC Milan, Madrid...

Here goes - I reckon Arsenal can get a Draw or a Win against Dynamo? ... As for Chelsea, a Draw or a Loss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)