• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer talk eg. prem league, champ league, serie a etc (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
I go for Juventus in Serie A, so this isnt a cheap shot but does anyone notice that if its a draw or Juve are losing then injury time seems to go until they find a winner or an equaliser, i dunno, just somethin i noticed.
Man utd 3 Portsmouth 0- solid work boys

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
epl is a bizaar league... how can arsenal still be on top? well, it'll be interestin' these couple of days, as the ecl kicks off for game 4. go chelski!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well, he's probably jealous because his star-diver Pires failed to get any good dives that game. :p

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by flyin'
Well, he's probably jealous because his star-diver Pires failed to get any good dives that game. :p
haha, so so true.

Man utd 3 Rangers 0- too easy, champions league is a walk in the park, and god damn arsenal won i really hope they miss the knockout phase

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
chelski 4-0 lazio.......im i bit surpised at that, perhaps they can really be one of the top teams this year.

^___^
HSC
hm...i expected chelsea to win..
but certainly not 4-0...
like 2-1 or something..

cos lazio's defence is screwed for that match..

but Ranieri played smart that smart, deserving win...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
ive said, chelski needed time, and the more time they get, they more of a team they become and with such quality they should be able to perform better and better throughout the course of the season. but 4-0 was a shocker, especially against an italian side, well stam's absence was notable, but still!

arsenal! i cant believe an 88th minute goal got them through to fight another day... although, two wins against moscow and inter 'at home' should prove too much, considering their home record, even though they might have some confidence from the 1-0 win. who knows! well, we want to see arsenal into at least pass the group stages, for interest.

^___^
HSC
i want arsenal to pass the group stage along with chelsea...this then will help EPL to keep their 4 CL spots (2auto, 2 qualify), the most in any league i think...

and i want arsenal to make it so it screws their fixture up..tired players, more injuries + suspension :D:D

hmm, chelsea...they change their starting 11 too much, it will have a bad effect long term...but up front i perfer mutu + hasslsebaink...crespo imo isn't at his best, no where near his best...
and as if chelsea needs another centre-back...Gallas + terry is the best...screw Descialle, u have Huth!

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Buggdogg
I go for Juventus in Serie A, so this isnt a cheap shot but does anyone notice that if its a draw or Juve are losing then injury time seems to go until they find a winner or an equaliser, i dunno, just somethin i noticed.
MY LIFE STORY!!!!

Its common knowledge in Italia that Juventus often play a 12 man side.. that is the regular 11 + the referee :D :(

It was proved again in the derby d'italia, there are several occasions in which Juve got "helped":

1) Trez-is-gay's idiotic elbow on Dario Simic.. the referee ignored it and Trezeguet got away with it... JUSTICE NEEDS TO BE DONE!!

2) Nedved's constand diving.. most of the time he gets away with them and wins a free kick, but when he doesn't, the ref didn't even card him... tsk tsk..

3) Di Vaio's LATE goal.. plus it was an absolute fluke, everyone knows Marco is about as useful off his left foot as Maradona was off his right foot..

4) Plus in the Di Vaio goal Trezeguet was in an offside position. He may not have been interfering with play, but as i recall in last seasons Champions League final, Shevchenko scored a goal in which Inzaghi was offside but was NOT interfering with play.. however that goal was dissallowed.. if Juve had have scored that way in the CL final it doubt the referee would have disallowed it.. Its just an obvious bias towards the Bianconeri.. it makes playing against them frustrating and unfair, especially as often they win matches they don't deserve to.

just needed to get that off my chest :D .. i dont hate Juve as such.. just when they cheat (therefore, every match day). Plus at the moment i have no need to pick on Inter because they currently aren't a threat to anyone but themselves :D

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
oh.. and to add to the already extensive list:

5) In the Milan-Juve game (derby d'italia) Sheva scored a goal in which he was level with the last defender when Rui Costa made the pass.. therefore he was onside.. he went on to pass Buffon and score. However he was controversially ruled off-side, which closer replay's indicate the linesman was wrong, and the goal should have stood.

Therefore the final result should have been 2-1 to Milan.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
i dont think you'll have to worry about epl spots, because we now have chelski and man utd (arsenal will never make it, that a given fact, and toons usually have really poor starts to the ecl).

i hope arsenal make it, just to seem them get crushed by some team which you'll never hear of again. plus tired players, will help their epl causes, especially with their injury proned squad and mass-loanings...

you remember tinker-man, he'll change his squad everyday... the change is alright imo, in the longer run, if they are to challange for honours. the players are adapting and gettin' use to the changes week in, week out... however, as lampard is quoted, ranieri is pickin' out his first vi (yes, vi and xi). huth's time will come in a couple of years when desailly retires... his so far displays shows that he won't be leaving the squad anytime soon, unlike others ie. c cole (injuried at charlton), forssell (who is impressive to say the least at birmingham), zenden (former dutch international at 'boro).

rude

Sheva,Sheva,Sheva!!!! I still remember his performance for Dynamo Kiev in champions league! shame that Rebrov didnt reach his true potential in Europe. anyways i am happy that Dynamo Kiev is doing pretty well although im pissed off that they missed late goals against Inter and Arsenal

What do you think of Ajax? i think they will do pretty well in champs league. They are not super rich team but they produce some of the best players in the world! e.g. van der Vaart

^___^
HSC
Ajax....that have the best youth system any club has so far in the Europe nations....(but thats without comparing the likes of River and Boca and Santos, who also produces fine crops of players)
They have a good coach, sad that Mido left...(did he, i think he left to some french club)...

flyin':
changing ur squad everygame is not good..it affects the morales of players...if there is the squad roatation process, they should at least have a core...and the core shouldn't be juts Lampard, Cudicini and Gallas, like i mean a core as in a stablised midfield so there is a fluent passing game going..
take a look at the Man Utd '99. The treble winning team took the idea of having squad rotation..but like Juventus presently, they have a core of players and only rotate them when neccessary..this helps the teams as it allows momentum and continunity as well as a suitable amount of rest..
looking at Chelsea now..they change their squad every wk...the main problem is that it doesn't allow a flow in the team..and on top of that, all the players are top-class players, and none wanted to be drop after one game...
that was the problem when Chelsea bought so many good players...they should have spend it on youth systm instead...
from the look of it now, chelsea is beginning to have a stable team..but the likes of Duff, Mutu and J.Cole shouldn't be rested every 1 or 2 game...

HSC
yea Mido did leave, he went to Marseilles i think? He's a legend! what do you expect outta Egyptians ay? haha
Ajax kicks butt.

^___^
HSC
Mido is a prodigy...saw some of his goals..nice stuff...

what a waste but, no offence to French league..but mido will kill it in Spain..(like wat he did in Celta)

^___^
HSC
nah, he is ready for the big league...

he is originally a good player..going to Ajax was only a stepping stone..

HSC
ofcourse he's ready for the big league lol what are you saying about the dutch league ay?
nah you're right, spain would be good for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)