Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Hey.. did you guys know the World Club Championships are on again? 1 representative from each major federation will play in it.. a total of 8 teams supposedly (not sure how that works really). Since Australia are now part of the Asian Federation, does that mean that if the Asian Champions League finishes before December, one of our own A-Leagul teams could be playing Liverpool ?!

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
stop appealing to UEFA you are not going to get in the CL next season, DEAL

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
that was one horrible 7 minute period, lost focus and lost the match right there.... you'd think after depor last year, u'd think somethink something would be learned ... but no. Well done liverpool. you guys deserved it. i feel for maldini, him and probably kaka were the only players that played their arse off for the WHOLE match and not doze off in the 2nd half. agh i feel more bitter now than when utd lost the fa cup :(

T

timbk2

fark unbelievable.. i sacrificed my 6 hr interview today and got only 3 hrs sleep cause of the game. .. well bloody worth it!.. thought we were gone and out at half time.

still cant believe it.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
well done liverpool ...
great come back ...
im happy for you all ...
*goes back to eating humble pie*

Crazy Horse

HSC
RUB!X said:
well done liverpool ...
great come back ...
im happy for you all ...
*goes back to eating humble pie*
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RUB!X again.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Snow Pea! said:
Oh wow!!! liverpool won!! i only found out a second ago.. had no idea it was on.. god damn the HSC!! :(
you live one sheltered life dont you?

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
jim_green said:
United fans are without a doubt the bitterest in the world.. and this is the proof.

http://www.redcafe.net/showthread.php?t=78187

I'm sure I wouldn't see anything quite as bad at koptalk if United had won.

Bookmark that thread. It's brilliant.So's this one and this one and golden quotes like this "I'd rather have my right bollock chopped off than congratulate arsenal fans.

Gawd that's a brilliant site.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Excellent job L’pool. Well done.

Maldini- “Oh? Well, that was quick. Good on ya, Maldini”.
Crespo- “Right then”
Crespo- “Oh boy”
Gerrard- “Hmm, interesting”
Smicer- *can’t help but smile*
Alonso- misses “Oh no” .. scores  *rofl at 6:30am* “Hot damn. Unbelievable”

Finally a European Final that’ll be etched in our memories for a long long time. Rafa showed his tactical awareness bringing on Hamann for Finnan (Traore would’ve been a much better option though); and pushing up Gerrard and giving him more of a free-role. I was rather bewildered that Ancelloti didn’t react after Smicer made it 3-2. The subs he used were all attack-minded – Tommason, Serginho, Rui Costa. Anyway, that through ball from Kaka setting up Crespo to make it 2-0, that was sheer class. And as for Sheva, you’d think he’d be pretty accustomed to the pain of missing out, playing for Ukraine and all, he’ll be having nightmares of that curiously-shocking missing in ET.

jim_green said:
Euphoric as this moment is, I can't help but think of all the sweet sweet benefits we'll get from this. I'm 100% certain Gerrard will be staying and 90% certain that UEFA won't begrudge us the chance of defending the cup next year. Add in the extra money, of course restored European prestige.. and with that possible investments, and all I can say is my Utd , Arsenal and Chelsea fans.. watch out next season :cool:
It would look pretty silly if L’pool are to play in the UEFA Cup next season. I reckon Gerrard will stay, he’s definitely added another digit to his market-value. Should expect to see a steady influx of good players at the Kop, especially with Rafa at the helm. GK, right-midfield, and left-back - 2/3 will be good enough to make ‘em more competitive with the top three. Anyway, more on the silly season later. Savour the moment L’pool, not that you need any encouragement.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
The reason why Finnan was subbed was that in order to play 3-5-1-1 we needed 3 CBs. Traore has played CB before, Finnan has not. Traore is arguable (except during his 1 screwup a game) a safer defender than Finnan, while Finnan offers more going forward.

Alwayz Diana said:
Why are you more bitter about this result?
He's been letting all the redcafe talk get to his head obviously :p

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
jim_green said:
He's been letting all the redcafe talk get to his head obviously :p
Please God...

With the luck the scousers have carried lately
In this cup we call the league
Please dont let the fuckers win it
because we all know it will breed

Self confidence and delusion
That they really deserved the win
The jammy scouser bastards
Please leave their dreams in the bin

Amen

Class act those Mancs.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
And let the conspiracy theories begin:

Spanish ref & Linesmen
Is it true that they were Spaniards last night?
Was that such a good idea really seeing as the whole of Spain was apparently behind liverpool last night, according to an article in the Guardian?

Serious question marks need to be asked about Dudeks behavious in the penalties, in a normal one off penalty in a game i wouldnt mind it but this was as crucial as it gets and they should have cracked down on it after the first one.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Leave'em alone Hectic, their club may be going down the toilet in a few years under Glazer, the current season just ended with all 3 rivals picking up trophies and themselves finishing with nothing, it's not a good time to be a Utd fan. Welcome to the dark ages Utd fans, we've just had 15 years of it and it looks like it's your turn. I'd be sad for you if I wasn't so happy for Liverpool right now :)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
There'll always be conspiracy theories when the underdogs triumph. Sad, but it's a fact of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)