Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Everton have got Simon Davies for £3.5m, and are about to make a £4m offer for Forssel and £6m for Parker.

If they get these three their squad will be one to watch. Not a top 4 squad but a UEFA Cup squad definitely.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Other clubs will also be wanting Forssell and Parker I imagine. Now's a good time to sell Djimi too for us, since his value's just been inflated by the european cup winner tag. We'll sell him Traore for 5mil then buy Evra for the same price :cool:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
I remember the championship manager days when i picked up simon davies from Peterborough and played him in my west ham preimier league squad, now he's all grown up and playing champions league football with everton *sob*

Anyway its a good signing, this everton midfield is gonna be pretty solid come next season, especially if parker is signed.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
jim_green said:
Other clubs will also be wanting Forssell and Parker I imagine. Now's a good time to sell Djimi too for us, since his value's just been inflated by the european cup winner tag. We'll sell him Traore for 5mil then buy Evra for the same price :cool:
Actually Traoré was only hrs away from signing for Everton last yr. His medical w/ the Toffees had already been arranged, but Rafa stepped in at the last minute & as they say, the rest is history :cool:

HSC
Aust. announces squad to play New Zealand next month.

It looks solid as always, but afew players have been given leave. I just hope we can finally see Jon McKain in action as a defender, he has been in great form playing in Romanai and both Bolton and Pompey are looking to sign him. I would love to see a new goalkeeper brought into the mix - Paul Henderson just signed for Leicester or someone one like Clint Bolton.

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
i know the soccer season is over for now in europe but i wanted to make a list of the players u dislike, lol im prolly gonna get flamed for this but this is my list

Beckham - all he can do is make long 50 yard cross field passes, he can't dribble, can't header, can't shoot, can't tackle...

Ronaldo i hate this fat fuck ... he has a bad attitude and lacks loyalty towards every club he plays for ...

and ne other self named galactico

heskey (overrated)
v nistelrooy (most overrated player ever!!!)
Rooney hes top class in the epl but in europe he sucks eg the game against ac couldnt do shit

ne ways have ur say lol

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
IP_freely said:
i know the soccer season is over for now in europe but i wanted to make a list of the players u dislike, lol im prolly gonna get flamed for this but this is my list

Beckham - all he can do is make long 50 yard cross field passes, he can't dribble, can't header, can't shoot, can't tackle...

Ronaldo i hate this fat fuck ... he has a bad attitude and lacks loyalty towards every club he plays for ...

and ne other self named galactico

heskey (overrated)
v nistelrooy (most overrated player ever!!!)
Rooney hes top class in the epl but in europe he sucks eg the game against ac couldnt do shit

ne ways have ur say lol

heskey overrated? lol, as liverpool fan all i hear is whinging about him :p

rooneys debut for manyoo was in europe wasnt it? or his first game, angainst ferbe...sumthing sumthing? scored then

and just cos a player doesnt play well for one game doesnt mean he's shit in europe

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
What a load of crock.

1. Beckham is a good tackler. He's like a lesser version of Xabi or Xavi. Better tackler and only slightly worse deadball man than Pirlo. He can shoot too.

2. Ronaldo isn't the most loyal player, but other than a few rare exceptions, who is?

3. Name me one person who highly rates Heskey?

4. Van Nistelrooy- why is he overrated? Amazing goal return, probably the natural goal scorer in the game at the moment.

5. Rooney- Proved himself at all levels, obviously not that consistent at the moment, but he's not the finish product yet at only 19. Having said that I hate Pieboy's attitude.

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
well wif regards to rooney all im saying is that he can blast a epl team apart but when he comes up against a solid team like milan he couldnt do shit

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
i forgot to say. on beckham, people think everything apart from his freekicks/longballs are crap because thats all they hear about, or all they watch for in a game.

people get blinded by something and dont realise he does other things on the pitch, so they assume he's crap

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
IP_freely said:
well wif regards to rooney all im saying is that he can blast a epl team apart but when he comes up against a solid team like milan he couldnt do shit
Mate you do realise that he is still 20 yrs old right? Players dont peak till 25-28 more or less, people aint seen nothing yet of rooney.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
IP_freely said:

He shags grannie's too. Plus he's a fat fuck amongst other things.

If I made a list of players I hate I'd probably be here all day, so for now I'm only gonna say Robbie Savage. What a cunt.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
For anyone who wants the torrent for the match, plus tonnes of other great matches, try this website. There's something for everyone really.. Serie A for Hotshot. Chelsea vs Barcelona for Slip.. and yes, the FA cup final for Hectic. I think the 99' CL final might be buried somewhere there too :). Enjoy guys.

Oh I forgot to mention, you have to join to forums to download, or even seen the torrents. Also torrents are rather ephemeral, they won't be here in a few months, so be quick.

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I'm really looking forward to England vs France in Euro 2004 finishing too. I've always heard that was a cracker.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
United rant

What a class act :rolleyes: .

You look in the dustbin for something to eat,
You find a dead rat and you think it's a treat,
In your Liverpool slums
In your Liverpool slums,
You shit on the carpet, you piss in the bath,
You finger your grandma, and think its a laugh,
In your Liverpool slums.
In your Liverpool slums,
You speak in an accent exceedingly rare,
You wear a pink tracksuit and have curly hair,
In your Liverpool slums.
In your Liverpool slums,
Your mum's on the game and your dad's in the nick,
You can't get a job 'cos you're too fucking thick,
In your Liverpool slums.

Not too sure how the curly hair bit is an insult but, you can see he's all class.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
jim_green said:
Traore is arguable (except during his 1 screwup a game)
Against AC, he lost the ball about 7 times either trying to play it to a teammate or trying to go past opponents. Not to mention, he was outta position atleast 6 times where the ball went straight behind him to the totally unmarked Sheva or Jon Dahl. I just really dislike players who are liabilities or of great disservice to their teammates et al Danny Mills, Heskey, and the worst culprit Jesper Gronkjaer.

Alwayz Diana said:
What did everyone think of about the commentator being a second earlier than the play in today's SBS broadcasting?
I thought it was relieving at times but it got annoying in some parts of the game.
Stark contrast to the FA Cup Final where he was a second late in the broadcasting.

LMF^^ said:
Benitez iz an absolute genius, foget Mourinho, he iz the king of European football.
People talk of complete players, I reckon Benitez is the most complete manager at the moment. He's goit player interaction, experience, tactics et al. He has the lot. All he needs now is more good personnel. As far as tacticians go, I reckon it would be 1. Mourinho 2. Benitez 3. Hiddink 4. Ancelloti 5. Riijkard then there are the likes of Moyes, Capello. Worst would probably be Dick Advocat, ruined the Dutch in Euro '04.

jim_green said:
Apparently the 3rd richest man in the world.. Laxmi Mittal, a steel tycoon is interested in buying Liverpool. Personally I don't want to see us become like Chelsea, so I'm against it.
Sounds Indian. Speaking of which, I heard Aston Villa are producing a reality-tv program in India to find a young footballer and capitalise on their Indo-Asian population in Birmingham. Chelsea are doing the reality-tv thing too, just not in India I reckon. Football ----> Product

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)