Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I think they're doing it as a part of Chelsea's 2 world class players for every position policy. He and Makelele will be rotated no doubt.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Mourinho ain't a tinkerman, I don't know why they all wanna go Chelsea so much just so sit and count yo money.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
utd dont need torres(or owens ...wtf are they thinking), they need a winger a centre mid and a goal keeper. if we get torres we'll have 6 world class forwards, thats bloody ridiculous and worse than real at the prime of their idiocy.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Clearly world class doesn't mean much to you if you include Smith, Saha and Torres in that group. And I don't even know who the 4th non-world class striker you're referring to. I hope it's not Bellion or Solsjaer. Scholes is MF.

I get what you mean though, you do need to find Ferdinand a better CB partner, a replacement for Keane, and a replacement for Giggs.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I would say Torres is pretty close to world class. Smith and Saha are rubbish though.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Torres is far from the finished article.

Meanwhile.. check out the list of seeded opponents Everton are liable to run into in the CL qualification next season. I don't fancy their chances against any of these teams really. Come on FA, give us a playoff agains them and let us put them out of their misery :uhhuh:

rangers
celtic
internazionale
monaco
greek r-up (probably panathinaikos)
dynamo kiev
ajax
werder bremen
real betis
sporting lisbon

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Fernando Torres is not worth anything near the price it'd take to get him away from Athletico.

As for Manyoo's world class attack. Ha!

58 goals in 38 league games tells you a story. They need another forward for sure.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
58 goals in 38 league games says Ruud Van Nistelrooy was out for the best part of the campaign to me.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
jim_green said:
58 goals in 38 league games says Ruud Van Nistelrooy was out for the best part of the campaign to me.
What about the rest of their world class forward line? Shouldn't they have been able to put the ball into the net a bit more? And they tell me Arsenal's a one-man team.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Man U just cannot convert chancez into goalz thiz season, the FA Cup final summed up their season.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Man U just cannot convert chancez into goalz thiz season, the FA Cup final summed up their season.
Hence, it's stupid to say they have an abundance of world class forwards and that a player like Torres or Mickey Owen wouldn't be welcome in their side.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Oh and Inter can please fuck off:

Inter eye Pires coup
by Nadia Carminati

Internazionale are said to be on the trail of Arsenal winger Robert Pires.

The Frenchman is under contract at Highbury until the end of next season, but Inter believe they could sign him this summer.

Inter boss Roberto Mancini is a keen admirer of Pires, who has not been too impressed with the way talks over a new Gunners deal have progressed.

The 31-year-old wants a fresh two-year deal at Highbury but the club would prefer to offer him just a 12-month extension.

Reports in the Italian media suggest that Inter will try and test Pires' desire to stay in North London with an attractive offer to move to Serie A.

However, Pires is not the only option for Mancini, as he is also eyeing Valencia's Stefano Fiore and Rodrigo Taddei from Siena.

Inter bosses are looking for Mancini to strengthen the side during the summer, but he will not be given huge sums of money to spend.

linkage

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Hence, it's stupid to say they have an abundance of world class forwards and that a player like Torres or Mickey Owen wouldn't be welcome in their side.
I would be thrilled to have either one of em, but I prefer Torres mo over Owen. But that'll mean Saha haz to leave, shame that he never lived up to hiz pricetag.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Check out the no. of keeperz United are linked to. But the Buffon bid iz plain ridiculouz.

DAILY STAR

# Manchester United will move for Spurs keeper Paul Robinson after releasing Roy Carroll but it will cost them £10million. Sir Alex Ferguson is also keen on Parma stopper Sebastien Frey and Michael Landrea of Nantes.

DAILY MIRROR

# Manchester City's Shaun Wright-Phillips is the subject of a £15million scramble for his signature with Liverpool leading the race and Arsenal and Chelsea also interested.

# Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson will launch a £6million bid to prise Shay Given away from Newcastle.

THE SUN

# Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is poised to launch a £35million bid for Juve keeper Gianluigi Buffon after ditching Roy Carroll, while Ruud van Nistelrooy may be sold off to Real Madrid.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Check out the no. of keeperz United are linked to. But the Buffon bid iz plain ridiculouz.
On an Arsenal forum they've got links to stories saying we've been linked to something like 570 keepers in the last 8 seasons. So join the club guys :D

Class keepers arent easy to come by these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)