Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
copious said:
I remember the championship manager days when i picked up simon davies from Peterborough and played him in my west ham preimier league squad, now he's all grown up and playing champions league football with everton *sob*
Ah yes, Championship Manager. Brings back great memories. Good times.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Paragon said:
All he needs now is more good personnel. As far as tacticians go, I reckon it would be 1. Mourinho 2. Benitez 3. Hiddink 4. Ancelloti 5. Riijkard then there are the likes of Moyes, Capello. Worst would probably be Dick Advocat, ruined the Dutch in Euro '04.
Disagree about Ancelotti. With the personel he's got you expect to be challenging. I think Capello is a lot better. Moyes is the opposite I guess, we'll see what he can do with his squad next season. Suffice to say it would be a much greater achievement than even Liverpool's if Everton win the CL next season.. unless some sugar daddy comes to their aid of course.

Crazy Horse

HSC
Paragon said:
Against AC, he lost the ball about 7 times either trying to play it to a teammate or trying to go past opponents. Not to mention, he was outta position atleast 6 times where the ball went straight behind him to the totally unmarked Sheva or Jon Dahl.

People talk of complete players, I reckon Benitez is the most complete manager at the moment. He's goit player interaction, experience, tactics et al. He has the lot. All he needs now is more good personnel.
I've mentioned before that Troare often gets dragged narrow and I become really nervous when he gets the ball. I was so worried about him during the final except he did save us from a goal at one point if I remember correctly...

I also mentioned a while ago that I thought Benitez was the man to lead Liverpool back to glory again. Good personnel should be coming very soon!! :D

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
IP_freely said:
i know the soccer season is over for now in europe but i wanted to make a list of the players u dislike, lol im prolly gonna get flamed for this but this is my list

Beckham - all he can do is make long 50 yard cross field passes, he can't dribble, can't header, can't shoot, can't tackle...

Ronaldo i hate this fat fuck ... he has a bad attitude and lacks loyalty towards every club he plays for ...

and ne other self named galactico

heskey (overrated)
v nistelrooy (most overrated player ever!!!)
Rooney hes top class in the epl but in europe he sucks eg the game against ac couldnt do shit

ne ways have ur say lol
haha, pointless post ...
lol ... the stupidity of that post kinda reminds of the old days when i was new to forums and pointlessly argued that henry was a far better player than rebrov or was it petrov i cant remember with copious haha ... ah those were the days *reminices*

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Vladimir Smicer said:
“Going round the stadium at the end was very sad — very, very emotional and I had tears in my eyes. But I will never forget it.

“Winning the Champions League in your last game, how could anyone go out better?

“I thought I wouldn’t get a chance in the final. But I prepared well and when I came on I was ready.

“I felt I owed something to Liverpool because I had a lot of injuries and was out of the team for a long time after my operation last summer.

“The club allowed me to go to America for treatment, I had the best surgeon in the business. Then they waited and, finally, put their faith in me. I am so happy I was able to give something back.

“I also wanted to show the fans I was a good player — I know I haven’t been one of their favourites.

“I wanted to show them I could play football. I think I did that. Yet I don’t think anyone in our dressing room believed it was possible for us to win.

“But I recall we were 3-1 up against Alaves in the UEFA Cup final and they got it back to 3-3 — so I knew anything could happen.

“But not against AC Milan. That was just impossible!

“But there were 45,000 Liverpool people out there and we couldn’t let them down.

“I have been so proud to play for Liverpool and to have my dream come true. I scored a goal, a penalty and now I get out.

“I have won seven trophies with Liverpool — pretty good, eh? Not bad for a player like me, anyway.

“My goal? Well, I don’t score many like that. In fact, I don’t score many anyway!

“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

"I was told two months ago that I wouldn't be getting a new contract and I asked the manager if he'd need me, or could I go on holiday.

"He said that I was still needed, and that's all I wanted to hear. I love Liverpool, both of my children were born here, and it's very difficult to leave."
Thanks for the memories Vladi. It's sad that he, Hamann and Dudek.. arguably our 3 men of the match yesterday morning along with Gerrard will be leaving us. They (Hamann excepted) haven't always been great for Liverpool, but it's still sad that they'll be leaving us after just helping us win the European Cup.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Carroll iz finally leavin Man U, and Ricardo too, thank God fo that. That meanz Man U will definitely buy another keeper in the off season.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I think they should be looking at bringing in Canizares and Kameni. Forget Casillas, you won't get him.

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Carroll iz finally leavin Man U, and Ricardo too, thank God fo that. That meanz Man U will definitely buy another keeper in the off season.
Do you not have a "s" button on your keyboard? :p If they should sign anyone it would be Toldo, Frey, Niemi or possibly Marshall from Celtic.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Paragon said:
Ah yes, Championship Manager. Brings back great memories. Good times.
Football Manager 2005 comes nowhere near to the addictiveness of 03/04.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Italian Hotshot said:
Do you not have a "s" button on your keyboard? :p If they should sign anyone it would be Toldo, Frey, Niemi or possibly Marshall from Celtic.
I think Frey will go to yo beloved Inter.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
So many good keepers to go around. There's plenty for all the top clubs to choose from :D Niemi is going to Celtic supposedly.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
LoL, check out this story:

Reds fan gatecrashes party

Reminds me of that ManYoo fan who snuck into their starting line-up foto...but this is hella better! Celebrating a European Cup win w/ the players - priceless! :D

And this is the new badge that'll appear on Liverpool's shirt sleeves from nxt year. We join the 1337 group of Real Madrid, Milan, Bayern & Ajax to wear this exclusive badge :cool:

Pic

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Sure hope it's Toldo. He isn't getting along well with manager Roberto Mancini at Inter who has been heaping a lot of blame on Toldo for the team's defensive record. Frey too would be a very good alternative to Toldo. As for Casillas, I'm not a fan, so yeah not too thrilled about pursuing him.

Since Dudek is leaving L'pool I hear, I reckon Canizares could be playing at Anfield next season with the Spanish connection and all, he too is outta favour at Valencia.

bazookajoe said:
Football Manager 2005 comes nowhere near to the addictiveness of 03/04.
Yeah I know 03/04 addiction was unreal. Having been playing that for 10-14 hrs per day, I too doubt anything will even come close to that.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Canizares isn't coming to Liverpool, because we've already more or less got the deal with Reina sealed.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Van Persie gets called up to the Holland squad.

Skysports said:
Van Persie makes Dutch squad

Arsenal ace Robin van Persie has been recalled to the Holland squad for their forthcoming World Cup qualifiers.

Van Persie enjoyed a fine end to the season with Arsenal helping The Gunners to FA Cup glory and he has caught they eye of Holland coach Marco van Basten - who has named a final squad after originally naming a 30-man party.

The former Feyenoord starlet won his first call-up to the squad last August for the friendly with Sweden, but he has still to earn his first cap.

Van Basten admitted he has a chance of playing after getting more action with Arsenal in recent months.

"Van Persie didn't show enough against Sweden, while he was also hardly playing for his club at that time," said Van Basten.

"In the last months he has played many more matches and he also showed form."

Chelsea winger Arjen Robben and Rafael van der Vaart are both major doubts for the two games after pulling up with knocks in training, but van Basten is hopeful they will be fit to play.

Holland face Romania on June 4 in Rotterdam before travelling to Finland four days later.

Full squad:
Edwin van der Sar (Fulham), Henk Timmer (AZ Alkmaar), Khalid Bhoulahrouz (Hamburg), Mario Melchiot, (Birmingham City), Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Barcelona), Johnny Heitinga, Nigel de Jong (both Ajax), Barry Opdam, Ron Vlaar (both AZ Alkmaar), Wilfred Bouma, Theo Lucius, Andre Ooijer (all PSV Eindhoven),Mark van Bommel (Barcelona), Philip Cocu (PSV Eindhoven), Hedwiges Maduro, Rafael van der Vaart (both Ajax), Denny Landzaat (AZ Alkmaar), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United), Arjen Robben (Chelsea), Dirk Kuijt (Feyenoord), Ryan Babel (Ajax), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Roy Makaay (Bayern Munich), Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (PSV Eindhoven).
What a star. He'll shit on the rest of the Premiership next season.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Van Persie ain't up to the level of Robben right now.

Meanwhile Chelsea are favoured to land Essien. I reckon they now just wanna prevent their rivalz from gettin the playerz they want, that is Man Utd. Kenyon, what a bastard.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
of course van persie is nowhere near as good as robben but im sure he'll develop well next season. robben plays like as old as he looks.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
blackfriday said:
of course van persie is nowhere near as good as robben but im sure he'll develop well next season. robben plays like as old as he looks.
ROFL. Great call.

Van Persie is indeed good, Henry + Van Persie next year should be lethal.

Article said:
Torres set for Atletico exit

Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres has sparked a potential transfer scramble by admitting he wants to leave - with Chelsea known admirers.

The young striker, nicknamed 'El Nino', is disappointed by Atletico's failure to challenge for honours at the top of La Liga.

And according to El Mundo Deportivo his advisors are ready to meet Barcelona's club bosses in a bid to secure a move away from the capital.

The paper claims Torres is keen on a move to the newly-crowned Spanish champions, who already have a plethora of attacking options.

It also reports that Barca could offer Juan Roman Riquelme and Javier Saviola in a bid to persuade Atletico to sell.

Riquelme spent last season on loan at Villarreal while Saviola was in Monaco.

But Chelsea, who have been linked with a big-money move for Torres in the past and are known to be in the market for a new striker this summer, could rekindle their interest.

The striker has also been linked with Manchester United, who could also enter the hunt should Atletico confirm plans to sell the hitman.
OMFG Liverpool have to get Torres so we can swap him for Riquelme and Saviola! What an absolutely retarded thing for Barca to do. Torres=poor man's Owen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)