Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
jim_green said:
There'll always be conspiracy theories when the underdogs triumph. Sad, but it's a fact of football.
stop focussing on the negatives. lol, too much good happening :D well..already happened...history has been written, the beginning of hopefully a new era where players want to play for liverpool because of now and not just because of their past and possible future

Crazy Horse

HSC
What did everyone think of about the commentator being a second earlier than the play in today's SBS broadcasting?
I thought it was relieving at times but it got annoying in some parts of the game.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I doubt Man U will be goin down the drain, az it iz in Glazerz interest that they're competitive and successful.

Benitez iz an absolute genius, foget Mourinho, he iz the king of European football.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Apparently the 3rd richest man in the world.. Laxmi Mittal, a steel tycoon is interested in buying Liverpool. Personally I don't want to see us become like Chelsea, so I'm against it.

Always Diana said:
What did everyone think of about the commentator being a second earlier than the play in today's SBS broadcasting?
I thought it was relieving at times but it got annoying in some parts of the game.
LOL I thought Martin Tyler was just way ahead of the curve in his observation skills. I guess the 3 hours sleep wasn't quite enough huh :p

Last edited:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
omg! that was weird...i hated when milan got their goals....

and, late late in the game, when dudek did the brilliant saves, he yelled out shevchenko...i thought he'd scored, but yeh, he didnt...thank god

and our goals, ...was just crazy, whenever he raised his voice, it confused me

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
jim_green said:
Leave'em alone Hectic, their club may be going down the toilet in a few years under Glazer, the current season just ended with all 3 rivals picking up trophies and themselves finishing with nothing, it's not a good time to be a Utd fan. Welcome to the dark ages Utd fans, we've just had 15 years of it and it looks like it's your turn. I'd be sad for you if I wasn't so happy for Liverpool right now :)
I've sat and watched them win 8 Premierships in 12 seasons and put up with a lot of their shit during that time. I'm enjoying this too much to stop the baiting.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I think the SBS coverage waz delayed by a couple of minz, I waz spammin in a private forum and one person updated the score befo it actually happened on TV.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Also its funny how the papers talk about how Kewell was instrumental in Liverpool achieving the trophy

LOL

right ...

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
LMF^^ said:
I think the SBS coverage waz delayed by a couple of minz, I waz spammin in a private forum and one person updated the score befo it actually happened on TV.
Yeh i knew sumfin was up cos normally SBS will put 'Live' under their watermark if it is really live...

Just wonderin, how does SBS manage to get Martin Tyler to commentate exclusively for them? Doesnt he hav a contract w/ a UK broadcaster or sumfin?

And btw who r the commentators on the ESPN coverage?

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
He was in a way you know. If he hadn't gone off maybe there would've been no one to get that 2nd goal and penalty :p

I get the feeling Martin Tyler is buddies with Les Murray or something. They seem to get along quite well. I think they were quite cosy in WC2002 and various matches of the EPL last year as well.

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Congratulations Liverpool! I thought they were gone for all money when they were 3-0 down at half-time, but they showed great character to get those 3 goals and then go on to win in the penalty shoot-out. Dudek, especially, had an awesome game...saving those shots from Shevchenko in the second half and then saving 3 goals in the penalty shoot-out. I think Liverpool proved a point to people like me who wrote them off from the start and definitely deserve the right to be able to defend their title next year.

And yes Diana, I was wrong again and will now forever have to "heed the words of a wise woman":)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
matt#1 said:
And yes Diana, I was wrong again and will now forever have to "heed the words of a wise woman":)
just wait till your married :|

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
Why are you more bitter about this result?
because milan capitulated from an absolutely dominant position, a la depor... while utd never got to that position... and yeah i support both milan and man utd, add the blues loss in extra time in origin, it has been a pretty shocking week really...

dudek - i actually thought he was a bit shaky at times in the match, yes there were several good saves but alot of them were just lucky - being at the right place at the right time, like shevchko shot straight at him. and milan were always on the back foot in the penalty shootout when serginho missed the 1st 1. still above his normal standards tho lol

well liverpool can finally join milan wearing the european stars

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I only really support Milan vaguely because I was so impressed with Kaka.. ditto Barcelona and Ronaldinho+Deco+Eto'o.. it's really more for footballing reasons than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)