• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
# Arsenal are to open negotiations this week with Atletico Madrid for striker Fernando Torres, with Edu or Robert Pires possibly set to move the other way

Seemz like you ppl missed thiz one.

Well theze are all newspaper talkz, not to be taken too seriouzly.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
# Arsenal are to open negotiations this week with Atletico Madrid for striker Fernando Torres, with Edu or Robert Pires possibly set to move the other way

Seemz like you ppl missed thiz one.
Edu is a free agent now, so unless Pires goes the other way it's about as likely as Robinho,

LMF^^ said:
Well theze are all newspaper talkz, not to be taken too seriouzly
That's all we have for the next few months :(

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Regardin the newz concernin Juninho, it would be stupid fo the newspaper to say that Man U are set to seal the move if they're truly BSin. I would be really thrilled if it doez come true in the comin weekz, but I'll keep my hopez down just fo now.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Regardin the newz concernin Juninho, it would be stupid fo the newspaper to say that Man U are set to seal the move if they're truly BSin. I would be really thrilled if it doez come true in the comin weekz, but I'll keep my hopez down just fo now.
Newspapers don't just sell themselves. An "exclusive" like that probably shifts a few extra copies off shelves.

British newspapers don't have any journalistic integrity left to defend anyway.

HSC
HAHAHAHA ... Manchester looks like they are facing tough times according to these two articles here and here. Yikes, all of a sudden Manchester are looking shaky to even stay in the top 4 sides in the Premiership next season! :eek:

For all those Serie A fans Fiorentina survivied relegation as Bresica got relegated along with Atalanta. Parma and suprisingly Bologna will play-off to see who else is relegated. Udinese did an amazing job to pip Sampdoria for the last Champions League spot ... and Roma can thank the Copa-Italia for allowing them to play in Europe next season despite coming 8th! :p

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
HAHAHAHA ... Manchester looks like they are facing tough times according to these two articles here and here. Yikes, all of a sudden Manchester are looking shaky to even stay in the top 4 sides in the Premiership next season! :eek:
You mean Man united??

Remember Manchester have two teams

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm a transfer budget of £26million per annum for man utd. Oh well looks like they wont be picking up any established world class players any time soon.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Meanwhile Forlan has just finished as the top scorer of La Liga for the season. Bet United are sorry they sold him for 1mil now huh. :lol:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
copious said:
hmm a transfer budget of £26million per annum for man utd. Oh well looks like they wont be picking up any established world class players any time soon.

That had to be sarcasm right? There's plenty of quality available for that price. Problem is Fergie has a knack of wasting his kitty recently.

Poor little Utd, only 26m to spend.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
26 mil should be enough to get Fergie what he needs. I suspect they'll go for.. Downing (10mil), Frey (8mil), Baraja (8mil). Giggs becomes a squad player, so Ronaldo and Downing switch play between the flanks. They already have a solid defence, and the most expensive strikeforce in the Premiership by far. :rolleyes:

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
The chances of O'Shea going from Utd to L'pool would have to be very slim to none. (No one has done so in ~50yrs). Last season we struggled when we ran outta defenders and had to slot in Keane, then we bought Heinze (great buy) and the defence was sorted out. If the manager does let O'Shea go, I would reluctantly subscribe to the "Fergie's lost it" club.
As far as targetting GKs within the EPL goes, the likes of Given or van der Sar would be quite reasonable. I'd still like to see in Toldo or Canizares come in.
Anyway, one player we probably might not be talking about anytime soon is van der Vaart who has reportedly completed joining Hamburg SV. Like I've said before, poor move.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yes i was being sarcastic, stupid net sarcasm -_- .

yeah my point being he's wasted alot of money on potentials.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
copious said:
yes i was being sarcastic, stupid net sarcasm -_- .

yeah my point being he's wasted alot of money on potentials.
Now that the funds are tight, hopefully we'll bring in some proven/established players. We could do without another Djemba. The top three are making remarkable strides and now is definitley not the time to be gambling. Kieran Richardson scored a brace on his Pommey debut and has done well with WBA. A natural left-sided winger, if ChampMan. is realistic, he'll fit in well into that Giggs role. But like I said, safer not to take any chances in the immediate future.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
lol yeh they shouldve loaned out forlan like they did with richardson, but anyways richardson should be given a go on the wing when giggs is rested...should also give pique and rossi some time as well i reckon in some matches to get some experience. i'd let the hype die down a bit more before getting downing tho. Lyon would be completely stupid to sell juninho for only 3M. saha should be sold to raise fund(thats 1 of the worst transfer decisions in recent times, it's almost as if they listened to the media rumours and hypes and went hey we better get him from fulham or the world will end...)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yeah sell saha and bring back solsjkaer, or betty yet teddy sheringham.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Mariners lose out in semi
SBS

A-League outfit Central Coast Mariners knocked out English giant Manchester United at the Philips Lighting International Sevens in Hong Kong but lost out to PSV Eindhoven in the semi-finals.

A sensational double from skipper Noel Spencer gave the Mariners a 2-1 quarter-final victory over the Red Devils on Sunday afternoon.

The Central Coast club then came up against Dutch champion PSV in the final four clash and held its own in regulation time. At 0-0 after 20 minutes the game was forced in to golden goal extra-time, with PSV getting the winning goal.

lol i dun even know wot this competition is but ManUntied losing to an A-League club is still pretty amazing!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Paragon said:
Anyway, one player we probably might not be talking about anytime soon is van der Vaart who has reportedly completed joining Hamburg SV. Like I've said before, poor move.
Like I] said before, he's let the hype get to his head. I think he would've prospered in a slower league than the Bundesliga like Spain or Italy. I heard that he wasn't into those though, it would be either England or Germany for him. Still, a move from Ajax to Hamburg is a big step down, it really does make you wonder what in the world he's thinking. One suggestion is that he's being whipped into the move by his girlfriend, because Hamburg isn't far from Amsterdam. :p

I'd like to know who was actually playing for the Mancs in this tournament.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
copious said:
yeah sell saha and bring back solsjkaer, or betty yet teddy sheringham.
Ole, the baby-faced assasin, is expected to make his return this season. SAF plans to play him on the right wing, the role he took over from Becks before his injury-run, so that Rooney can play more centrally and back-up RvN instead of leaving him as a lonesome figure upfront.

Constip8edSkunk said:
richardson should be given a go on the wing when giggs is rested...should also give pique and rossi some time as well i reckon in some matches to get some experience. i'd let the hype die down a bit more before getting downing tho. Lyon would be completely stupid to sell juninho for only 3M. saha should be sold to raise fund(thats 1 of the worst transfer decisions in recent times, it's almost as if they listened to the media rumours and hypes and went hey we better get him from fulham or the world will end...)
Yeah I'm not too keen on Downing either, really don't think he'll cut it, especially in Europe. Those youngsters you mentioned are all great prospects, though the trouble is that the play so far up the field that they nearly become a third striker, and that's probably the one area Utd have already covered. In hindsight, buying Saha might not seem like a good move, but at that time all we had was Forlan other than RvN. But if it came down to raising funds, I'd have no qualms about letting him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)