• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Horse

HSC
LMF^^ said:
I don't think many teamz are willin to pay Figo that sort of wagez now, so he either stayz at Madrid or take a pay cut.
Does he want playing time or money? If he takes a cut and heads somewhere else he'll get to see the ball more which is what his been complaining about so much this season....

Crazy Horse

HSC
jim_green said:
I wonder how much Carra would be worth after this season. Surely at least 45 mil if Terry's worth 50 :p
I was thinking the same thing :D

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
jim_green said:
Shaun Wright-Phillips understandably has a lot of suitors. I think Liverpool has also been linked to him for 15 mil. It's between his father's influence towards Arsenal, and first team opportunities at Liverpool. Then again maybe he'll upstage Ljungberg and Freddie will leave instead.
We can have more than one top line right-winger though. It's all about a strong squad. Plus Freddie can also play on the left, so even if Pires leaves we have a good strong set of wingers at the club. Shauny will get plenty of games at Highbury I'm sure.

Alwayz Diana said:
Vicente - Liverpool have had their eyes on him for a while now...they keep repeating the same stuff.
I think he meant, if they miss out on Shaun, then Vicente becomes their top target as far as a winger goes.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
He doesn't need 90k a week. I think most players donate part of it to charity already.......

Hang on - a thought - how much do players and clubs get taxed?
I don't know about most players donating to charity. If that were true I doubt the amounts would be substantial.

As far as taxes in Spain goes, I read there's a loophole for non-Spanish nationals in Spain exempting them from all but the minimum amount of tax. Something like 8-12% from what I remember. Plus there are other loopholes to help players claim lower amounts of taxable income.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Agh accountin, remindz me that I got quiz tomorrow and I should really study fo it, even though I know that I will fail. :(

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
RIO CAUGHT IN STOCKHOLM RUMPUS

Rio Ferdinand was left bloodied after an attack in a Swedish nightclub, it has been reported on Monday.

Varying reports claim the Manchester United and England defender was punched and headbutted after an incident while partying with friends in Stockholm.

The 26-year-old said: "It was unpleasant. I'm not a troublemaker but sometimes these things happen."

Poor thing. Hurry up and sign the contract.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I think Liverpool would much rather SWP than Vincente, seeing as our current 1st choice right winger is Antonio Nunez (Garcia tends to play in the hole).

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
jim_green said:
I think Liverpool would much rather SWP than Vincente, seeing as our current 1st choice right winger is Antonio Nunez (Garcia tends to play in the hole).
It's just a matter of whether you get him or not. I actually don't think Arsenal will stump up 15-20 mill for him. A forward and a keeper are more important if we can keep the rest of the squad togethor, so the majority of our money will probably go to strengthening there first.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Hence the reason Liverpool would prefer SWP. If Kewell just played to his potential we wouldn't need to cover the left with Vincente.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Harry's glass ankles and wobbly groin would probably make Vicente as welcome as Shauny at Anfield this summer.

Now that you've got the money you can get both.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Apparently we're getting 6 new players, so both Vincente and SWP is unlikely.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
That many changes to the squad eh? I'm more of a fan of continuity in squads, for example we made similar changes at my club this season, it ruined our proud defensive record of last season, and took us a good 10-12 games to find a rhythm with all our new team-mates and get ourselves into form.

I would've thought get rid of 1-2 and bring in a couple of real stars to sort out your weaknesses.

But I'm sure Rafa could do it better than we can in Lindfield ;)

edit: just noticed the name change err....... Benny?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Hammerz back in the top flight, good to see em back.
YEAH!!!! I knew if i kept the faith in them they would come back up. Go Teddy, the greatest striker in the world.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
HeCtic said:
edit: just noticed the name change err....... Benny?
Ben is my real name :p. Somehow a nickname like 'jim_green' just didn't feel right anymore. Especially when people kept calling me jim. I don't remember why I chose it in the first place. I think it's some combination of of first name and last name of some different characters from different books I was reading at the time.

Congrats to the Hammers, the Premier League didn't look right without themi in it.

The reason for the squad overhaul is because most of it simply isn't good enough for a title push. I just hope Rafa doesn't spread the money tooo thin and leave us in a similar position to the position Houllier left us in after the trebel season.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Liverpool linked to Gabriel Militio

Interesting, we seem to be concentrating on the defensive side of things thus far if the rumours are to be believed.

Militio- 6mil
Reina- 6mil
Evra- 3 mil (He's only got 1 year left on his contract)

Still leaves us with a sizable potential 20-35 mil in the kitty for the other 3 players. Vincente- 10 mil+Baros, Kujit- 8 mil, Hargreaves 2.5 mil (1 year left on contract) or O'Shea for the same amount. Maybe Sergio Ramos or Shaun Wright-Phillips or Joaquin if we really somehow have 50mil.

Man.. I'm gonna look really stupid if we end up only buying Reina.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
HeCtic said:
A forward and a keeper are more important if we can keep the rest of the squad togethor, so the majority of our money will probably go to strengthening there first.
how bout a new DR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)