Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
BARCELONA star Deco claims Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea are conquering a poor quality league.

He rapped: “It tells you everything about the Premiership and how much easier it is than the Spanish league that Chelsea have won eight in a row during this season. The Premiership is full of mediocre and, frankly, very poor teams.”

I almost want Chelsea to win after that. Hopefully the 4 English teams can shut the rest of Europe up. The premiership has as many poor teams as Serie A, La Liga or the Bundesliga do. The quality is very comparable.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Oh and for the guys tommorow who post results can you please put

SPOILER

in the title and leave a bit of space, for those of us who want to watch the replays later that day. Muchos appreciated.

Crazy Horse

HSC
This is what i think.......

Bayern v Arsenal (Draw)
Liverpool v Leverkusen
PSV v Monaco
Real Madrid v Juventus

Porto v Inter
Barcelona v Chelsea
Milan v Man United
Bremen v Lyon

;)

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
My tips:
Bayern v Arsenal
Liverpool v Bayer Leverkusen
PSV v Monaco
Real Madrid v Juventus

Porto v Inter Milan
Barcelona v Chelsea DRAW
AC Milan v Man Utd
Bremen v Lyon

matt#1

HSC
N/A
SPOILER

Bayern 3-1 Arsenal
Liverpool 3-1 Leverkusen
PSV 1-0 Monaco
Real Madrid 1-0 Juventus

...Arsenal are seriously a bunch of European spastics. In the Madrid v Juve game, Zidane was class all night.

HSC
I can't wait for Inter to crush Porto tomorrow - without an inform Luis Fabiano (3 goals in 13 league matches), Diego suspended, Jorge Costa injured and Nuno Maniche out for 2 months and may be in doubt fitness wise. Add to that the loss of big players like Deco and the fact that Inter have a really deep squad every is pointing to a Nerazzuri win ... touch wood. :)

I watch most of the 2nd half between Real and Juve .... how many times did the Italians tug on Real players shirts, partic Raul and Zidane? Bloody ridiculous. Zidane was brilliant, he basically beat the Juve defence by himself.

It seems Arsenal still can't shake their European hodo, but Bayern are a side that is really at full stregnth. Tomorrow looks like another quality MD of Euro football ... I'm hoping that Man Utd overcome Milan just so that I can boast that our season hasn't be a total waste of time. :p

matt#1

HSC
N/A
... said:
hehhehe

oh well, 3/4 correct

didin't expect liverpool to do so well without gerrard
only 2/4 correct for me so far because I didnt expect Juve to be totally outclassed by Madrid and I predicted a draw in the Arsenal v Bayern game .

Crazy Horse

HSC
I also only got 3/4. I thought Bayern/Arsenal match would end in a draw. Hope i do better tomorrow:rolleyes:

^___^
HSC
i couldn't believe u guys didn't back madrid
juventus are in a bad patch of form atm
they lost trezguet, and neved was semi injuried before the game

real on the otherhand hit top form(thye lost at home cos they rested heaps of players)

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
lolz, backing madrid lately has been difficult ...

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Wow, that blew donkey balls. Tommy Shyte commentating made it about a million times worse. Meh, the away goal means we still have a chance, no matter how slim it is.

^___^
HSC
HeCtic said:
Wow, that blew donkey balls. Tommy Shyte commentating made it about a million times worse. Meh, the away goal means we still have a chance, no matter how slim it is.
you guys should win, IF your defence holds

matt#1

HSC
N/A
RUB!X said:
we can only pray ... 2-0 will do it cmon !!!
As much as I hate Arsenal...I really hope that all the english clubs (maybe except chelsea) make it through just to shut up those people that have been calling the EPL a low standard league when IMO it is the best in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)