• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Despite the fact that Houllier really had to go.. I must say I still feel a bit sorry for him.. just seems like such a nice guy. Ah well.. just hoping we'll get a good new manager.

Meanwhile for tomorrow.........

Allez Monaco!!!!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
crap.... monaco got butchered. Well what can I say, Porto were the much better side on the day, except for another couple of dodgy offside decisions that cost Monaco a little, still they definitely deserved it

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm why the hell did man utd buy alan smith, he is rubbish! . They should of chased Kluivert, since he's been basicly transfer listed at barca. A van tap in, kluivert and saha strike force wouldnt be too bad.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Rotham was disappointing.

And what's the bet Mourinho is heading to a place where he'll earn a bit more money, since he's leaving for sure.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
he'd probaly goto chelsea considering the array of players he has available to work with. but then again, with all that money liverpool has now, they seem like a good option too if he's looking for a bigger challenge.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Liverpool would be a huge challenge! And that money isn't going to last forever. Whereas Chelsea have an oil barren behind them. :p

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Porto next season without such a talented manager.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
hes come good has mourhino...
last yr - uefa cup
this yr champions league
i mean the mans pure genious as is deco ...

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by RUB!X
hes come good has mourhino...
last yr - uefa cup
this yr champions league
i mean the mans pure genious as is deco ... [/B]
what many people dont know (or fail to notice) is that Porto won the treble last season and also the SuperLiga this season.. they have become so good that the only 'competition' in Portugal is between Benfica & Sporting (Lisboa derby) for 2nd place..

ive been raving about Deco for a long time.. after the CL final there should really be no doubts about his 'big game' performance and i expect him to be snapped up by one of the big clubs (Juventus are probably likeliest)..

Mourinho going to Chelsea wont neccessarily get them any trophies.. but its sure better than having a 'tinkerman' :)

^___^
HSC
porto won the CL final as expected :p

but eh..

atm i am more concern about England's squad for Euro :(

their defence is pretty thin

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
without a doubt my pick is France for euro2004 just look at the team they got

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Didn't they say the same thing at WC2002 (although half of their squad was so-called "tired" and "injuried")?

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by IP_freely
without a doubt my pick is France for euro2004 just look at the team they got
Senegal 1-0 France..

dont be surprised to see the same thing happen in Lisbon ;)

flowin'

But ... they have world class players like Marcel Desailly, Marcel Desailly and Henry. How can they possibly lose?!

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Originally posted by reynaldo
Senegal 1-0 France..

dont be surprised to see the same thing happen in Lisbon ;)
too bad senegal is an african nation :p

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Originally posted by flowin'
But ... they have world class players like Marcel Desailly, Marcel Desailly and Henry. How can they possibly lose?!
France team for euro ... i think

Goalkeepers: Fabien Barthez (Marseille), Gregory Coupet (Lyon), Mickael Landreau (Nantes)

Defenders: Jean-Alain Boumsong (Auxerre), Marcel Desailly (Chelsea), William Gallas (Chelsea), Bixente Lizarazu (Bayern Munich), Mikael Silvestre (Manchester United), Lilian Thuram (Juventus), Willy Sagnol (Bayern Munich)

Midfielders: Ludovic Giuly (Monaco), Claude Makelele (Chelsea), Olivier Dacourt (Roma), Patrick Vieira (Arsenal), Robert Pires (Arsenal), Jerome Rothen (Monaco), Sylvain Wiltord (Arsenal), Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid), Benoit Pedretti (Sochaux)

Strikers: Thierry Henry (Arsenal), David Trezeguet (Juventus), Louis Saha (Manchester United), Steve Marlet (Marseille).

I really don't see how the heck Marlet gets in there, but he wouldn't be there is Cisse was going to be able to play. Now that would be a strong forward line. Rothen of Monaco is a great player with a sweet left peg and i think he might make a big impression on this tournament ...

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by flowin'
yea, and Spain has raul, baraja, valeron, fernando torres and other mad attacking players while Holland has van nisterooy, van der varrt, seefort, davids, van der meyde and stam yet both teams struggled in qualifiers :p

Originally posted by RUB!X
too bad senegal is an african nation :p
but half of their players are eligable to play for france :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)