• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by flowin'
But ... they have world class players like Marcel Desailly, Marcel Desailly and Henry. How can they possibly lose?!

hahaha.. i didnt know they cloned Marcel? is his clone really as slow as the original??

And, as we all know, having world class players doesnt guarantee you anything. Ask Real Madrid. You wouldn't think a team with Ronaldo, Raul, Zidane, Figo & Beckham in attack could lose their last 6 games (besides failing to win anything.. not even a consolation prize.. i mean.. Copa del Rey..).

unless France ( + Holland) get their ego's under control i dont see them repeating '98. I think it will come down to Italy, Portugal & an unexpected (eg Russia).

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
No doubt about it France has a strong team , i mean sheesh look at all the quality arsenal players :D

but i wouldnt put the Netherlands out of the picture ,... Makaay , Overmars , Kluivert , Davids ... i mean its a pretty strong team..

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm from memory the netherlands team has some quality players for euro : Makaay , Overmars , Kluivert , Davids, seedorf, ruud, robben, van der vaart, stam, hooijdonk among others.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
youll probably see the new generation begin to overtake the oldies at this Euro.. watch out for Wesley Sneijder (cant remember spelling), Johnny Heitinga, VDV, Ooijer, Arjen etc...

flowin'

just in case you don't remember, holland has ONE real defender :p

as for france and arsenal... you do remember, arsenal have problems in europe (refers to arsenal's inability to even reach semis EVER) :D

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
thx 4 dat copious ...
nederlands have a chance if they can play as a team ... not as a group of individuals great players ... eg) real madrid atm on the flip side look at charlton fc in the epl ... great team

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yeah, its a shame that our generation hasnt yet got to see Ryan Giggs shine on the world stage? or have i missed a world cup or someshit that hes been in.

^___^
HSC
i don't think he has been in a big world stage event, which is probably explains why he is ever so fit season in season out

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
looks like Roberto Carlos is off to Chelski for 50million according to the Daily Telegraph

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
chelsea signings have left me clueless ... :confused:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Ranieri was finally notified of his sacking... sad, sad day. :(

eyebrowman

HSC
nooo..ranieri is going :(
had to happen sooner or later..

and is this 50million pounds? wtf
carlos isnt worth that much, i'd reckon at max 20ish

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I think it was 20 mil Euro... which was about 50 AUD :p I don't think he'll go to Chelsea because they already have Bridge and anyway, Roberto is old at 31.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
omg ... serzly r.carlos is worth maybe 15 max ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)