• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread 2004 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
^

nah, you'd get horrible odds on that.

The ASA would lose a lot of money due to TV money and attendances will definitely be down heavily unless we are playing New Zealand. I mean even I wouldnt pay to watch Australia against Fiji or Samoa.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
lols omg roflmao ... nz 2 vanuatu 4 ... *recovering*

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Hahaha.. Seedorf refuses to play anywhere but in the hole for Holland.. once again they've been screwed over be lack of cohesion. I don't see why he's insisting on it though, he doesn't play there at club level, why would they play him there at international level.

Also hilarious.. Mournhio : "I'm a special one".. cocky bastard

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well, I reckon they should bench Kluivert. Van Bommel is a huge loss consider they already have so few "defensive" players.

French national coach to Spurs.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
yes that caught me by surprise, the french coach off to spurs ...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Maybe he already knows that France will chuck a WC2002 France, and then he'll be sacked =p

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
lols ... backup job ay incase he goes shit ...

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Not really, he's basically signed a contract, it's a done deal.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Veron to Inter..

poor bastard.. hes gonna end up with the van der Meydes, Stankovic's, Cannavaro's etc. that fell victims of the 'Inter Syndrome'*

*Inter Syndrome denotes condition where the player loses all previous abilities when wearing the nerazzuro..

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Santini added: “I am an ambitious man and it has always been a dream of mine to coach a big English club in the most exciting league in the world."

Tottenham Hotspur are a very big club with a wonderful history and great traditions. "

haha :rofl:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Tottenham are a big club (It's just that Santini was twenty, thirty years slow:p) !

Originally posted by reynaldo
Veron to Inter..

poor bastard.. hes gonna end up with the van der Meydes, Stankovic's, Cannavaro's etc. that fell victims of the 'Inter Syndrome'*

*Inter Syndrome denotes condition where the player loses all previous abilities when wearing the nerazzuro..
hahaa, I thought about that... but from recent memory, Veron didn't have much ability (refers to post-Lazio days, which is a long time).

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
veron fell apart in england, he will never put himself back together, its all over ...

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
rofl at the French influx into the EPL, mgiht as well be called the French Premier League instead of EPL
and regarding Veron, this guy is 1 lucky cunt he gets paid, hes rich does jack all all season n even tho he was injured an now hes off to inter

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
the French influx is good , adds nice skill and flavour :D , into the EPL ...

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
santini says

Santini: Spurs will challenge for title :rofl:

Jacques Santini today vowed to bring down the curtain on Tottenham's era of under-achievement and transform the club into Premiership title challengers.

Spurs' nine-month hunt for a successor to Glenn Hoddle ended yesterday when Santini was unveiled as their manager with France's boss taking over the White Hart Lane coaching reins after Euro 2004.

Fans' frustration at the club's failure to recruit Giovanni Trappatoni and Martin O'Neill swiftly transformed into euphoria as news of Santini's appointment filtered around the white half of north London.

Santini is one of the biggest names in football after suffering only a solitary defeat in his 23 matches as France coach and his arrival will represent a major coup for Tottenham, who flirted with relegation last season.

And today long-suffering Spurs supporters were given further reason to celebrate when the 52-year-old pledged to bring back the glory days to N17.

'Tottenham are a big club but could be even bigger. The standard of players that have represented them in the past proves this,' said Santini. 'My wish is to make Spurs an even bigger club which is capable of challenging the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal.' :sleep:

News of Santini's appointment was leaked to the press yesterday, little over a week before France's crucial Euro 2004 Group B opener against England.

Chairman Daniel Levy drew heavy criticism as Tottenham's search for a new manager following a wretched spell under caretaker-boss David Pleat appeared to have drawn a blank.

But the Spurs chief - who two weeks ago lured Frank Arnesen from PSV Eindhoven to become sporting director at White Hart Lane - enjoyed the last laugh as he delivered the big name fans craved.

And Santini now hopes to forge a successful partnership with Arnesen after hearing of Levy's plans for a club which has fallen on lean times.

'I have a challenge to build a team with Mr Arnesen. The Tottenham chairman has filled me full of confidence over what the future holds,' he said.

Santini was courted by several other clubs but insisted he joined for professional rather than financial reasons, relaying his decision to the France squad before the news was made public.

'The money was not a factor in making my decision, it was purely my own decision,' he said.

'I was offered jobs by other clubs but after I spoke to Mr Arnesen my mind was made up. I made the decision to reveal my plans yesterday to make my future clear. I also made a point of telling France's players before the information was released.'

Santini steered France to Euro 2004 without losing a single group game and he admitted the the French federation's refusal to offer him a new contract ahead of the tournament was instrumental in his decision to seek employment elsewhere.

'I did not receive an offer from the federation or I would have stayed on as manager. But that is in the past and now I have made my decision,' he said.

'The French team will go on and I am not abandoning them - right now my focus is with France and my objective is to win Euro 2004.'

Former Tottenham skipper Gary Mabbutt - who spent over 15 years at White Hart Lane - was delighted with Santini's appointment and felt it signalled the club's ambition.

'A lot of Tottenham fans will have been smiling over their breakfast this morning. The light has suddenly appeared at the end of a very long tunnel. It's a major coup for Spurs because Santini is a very astute coach,' he said.

'His appointment makes a huge statement about the club's determination to be challenging for major honours.

'There were a lot of sceptics out there who never thought Santini would ever be at Tottenham.'

^___^
HSC
hahaha

nah, i reckon santini will make tottenham a decent force, say they can challenge a place for UEFA place

santini knows how to use players more effectively than say Hoddle or Pleat, but he might take the options of 2strikers instead of 3, where either Defoe, Kanoute will be on the bench, which is a big shame

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Well Kanoute hasnt got a goal since coming back from the African Nations Cup according to a couple of my spurs supporting mates. It seems most Spurs fans are pissed at him, saying he has a bad attitude and he looks like he can't be fucked playing a lot of the time. Also Santini is the coach who refused to pick him for france which made him go play for mali. It's safe to say he'd be on his way now. Keane and Defoe looks very promising and i'm sure postiga can't be as shit as he was last season, now that he's had a chance to settle.

Too bad they're badly lacking in midfield and defence, cos their strikers look okay for next season.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yeah.. good for Spurs, they CAN play some pretty entertaining football and hopefully Santini will make them a bit more consistent. Now let's all hope Benitez comes to Liverpool for even more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)