Society and Culture Band 6 And Maybe State Rank? (1 Viewer)

triviajeon

HSC
Hi!

I was wondering if it was possible for a band 6 in SAC with an internal rank of 5-6 out of 13 students (with internal marks at 91%, 71%, 85%, 80%)?

Last year the only person who got a band 6 had an internal of 96%... but I know a few others who got 90-100% in each internal task but didn't get a band 6 because of their externals.

I feel pretty confident with my PIP hitting a band 6 but my current practice tests are sitting at 70%... how much should I bump it up for a band 6?

Thanks!

icycledough

HSC
As harsh as it may sound, there's definitely no point worrying about internals now, as those are done and out of the way. What can make or break your hopes of a Band 6 (maybe even a state rank) is your externals performance as it carries a weighting of 50% of your final HSC mark. That's why people who obtain very good internal ranks will tend to get very high final HSC marks (even if their internal MARK wasn't the best), because their internal mark will be adjusted in relation to their HSC performance. I can't give you specific advice on SAC though unfortunately as I don't know how it scales generally.

quickoats

HSC
No chance getting a state rank if you're not 1st sorry to break it to you.

You should try to improve your practice exams because that's where the easy marks are. The 15 markers aren't too bad - you've just got to answer them effectively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)