Some help for subject selection please? (1 Viewer)

cotrk

...bother
HSC
Currently, I am definitely choosing these subjects:
2u Advanced English
3u Maths Extension 1
2u Chemistry
2u Physics
=9u
So there'll be minimal changes on those.

Now, my school allows me to choose either 12u, 13u or 14u (14u only if Agriculture is one of the subjects). I'll be finishing the Software Design and Devleopment HSC course this year. This is where it gets hard for me.

I have equal interests in Agriculture, Economics* and Japanese Continuers, all 2u. However, this means I can only choose two of them.

If I choose Agriculture, that would add an extra 2u to my HSC list already done next year.

Which two subjects out of the three should I choose (and reasons, if any)?

Last edited:

sombrero

HSC
Think hard. Choose which ones you enjoy the most and would be useful in your future.

Talk to your career adviser, you might be able to work something out

muzeikchun852

HSC
2u Advanced English
3u Maths Extension 1
2u Chemistry
2u Physics
=9u

Now, my school allows me to choose either 12u, 13u or 14u (14u only if Agriculture is one of the subjects). I'll be finishing the Software Design and Devleopment HSC course this year. This is where it gets hard for me.

I have equal interests in Agriculture, Commerce and Japanese Continuers, all 2u. However, this means I can only choose two of them.

If I choose Agriculture, that would add an extra 2u to my HSC list already done next year.

JAPANESE ALL THE WAYYYYYY!
simply im just good at japanese and is one of the subject that i enjoy..
japanese scales even better than chemistry anywayy..

for commerce..
maybe u want to do either economics and legal..
i heard bussiness studies has a very dry content..

clue444

HSC
Do the two that you would do well in and enjoy most. IMO, economics and japanese cont.

Brontecat

HSC
1. Think rlly hard about if you enjoy one subject more than the others
2. What subject can you achieve the best in?
3. What career/uni course are you thinking about doing the future?

killua_3

HSC
my school doesnt hav agriculture because, well, no 1 wants to do it...
as for eco and japanese, eco is quite hard, takes up a lot of your time and you have to keep up to date with all the stats for your essay, thats y i dropped it for hsc. and japanese? i heard its a bludge...well not rly a bludge, its just hard to study for it. all u can do really is practice essays.

Borbor

HSC
2u Advanced English
3u Maths Extension 1
2u Chemistry
2u Physics
=9u

I have equal interests in Agriculture, Economics* and Japanese Continuers, all 2u. However, this means I can only choose two of them.

You go to Ruse don't you?

Why don't you take the extra uni of English anyway? It's not going to hurt you have an extra 5 lessons in year 11 and besides it's so much easier to drop it than pick it up later. 3u English isn't that much work anyway, it's just essay + creative for HSC.

You should do Ag cause you'll finish in year 11 and economics because it provides a great foundation for any business related degree at uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)