Sonny Bill Williams leaves Bulldogs for France (1 Viewer)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i doubt people will leave because what sbw has said or done. he was in no way a role model for the players, nor will he ever be. he has chosen money over his morals, then that's his choice. we'll just judge from that.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
wuddie said:
i doubt people will leave because what sbw has said or done. he was in no way a role model for the players, nor will he ever be. he has chosen money over his morals, then that's his choice. we'll just judge from that.
If there is a precedent set that says contracts aren't enforceable and that you just need to skip the country, do you think players looking to earn more somewhere else, will stay?

It's a crucial case for the NRL to win.

Obviously not everyone takes the core development of the NRL into consideration, but there is enough speculation over recent weeks with players coming out and saying they are considering their options, to say this is a very important issue to the game.

A lot of players are just waiting to see which way the SBW case goes first.

EDIT: Just my take on it anyway man.

Last edited:

historykidd

HSC
blue_chameleon said:
If there is a precedent set that says contracts aren't enforceable and that you just need to skip the country, do you think players looking to earn more somewhere else, will stay?

It's a crucial case for the NRL to win.

Obviously not everyone takes the core development of the NRL into consideration, but there is enough speculation over recent weeks with players coming out and saying they are considering their options, to say this is a very important issue to the game.

A lot of players are just waiting to see which way the SBW case goes first.

EDIT: Just my take on it anyway man.
well said mate.

this whole debacle, for mine, is not over SBW himself leaving - the loss the NRL will incur just because he has left - but rather the dangerous precedent it will set for future players and the tarnishing of the games image.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
wuddie said:
ihe has chosen money over his morals, then that's his choice. we'll just judge from that.
Get over it. It's a sport.
It's not a sport where there are millions upon millions of adoring fans. It's not a sport with international recognition. It's a local sport, which pays 1/6th of what he was being offered to play, in a new country, without the shit Australian press always bitching and moaning, with the prospect of being more well known, successful and famous than ever.

Which idiot would have said no to all that?

historykidd

HSC
sam04u said:
Get over it. It's a sport.
It's not a sport where there are millions upon millions of adoring fans. It's not a sport with international recognition. It's a local sport, which pays 1/6th of what he was being offered to play, in a new country, without the shit Australian press always bitching and moaning, with the prospect of being more well known, successful and famous than ever.

Which idiot would have said no to all that?
you sound really stupid here tbh.

don't speak about something unless you have at least a competent grasp on it :eek:

jazzbaby

HSC
so much for the "im a one man club, dog 4 life, stay true to my boys"

bloody hypocrite.

cannot believe he did that.

lol

hez still hot though :p

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
it is a fact that we don't have the money to compete with other codes, or even super league. if we try and match them dollar for dollar, we'll lose out every time. so if the players are ready to leave league, i am pretty sure it is not the money that's keeping them here, but rather their respect for this great game and their personal competitiveness. all of our top players would almost certainly be getting a higher salary if they switched codes or went overseas.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
wuddie said:
it is a fact that we don't have the money to compete with other codes, or even super league. if we try and match them dollar for dollar, we'll lose out every time. so if the players are ready to leave league, i am pretty sure it is not the money that's keeping them here, but rather their respect for this great game and their personal competitiveness. all of our top players would almost certainly be getting a higher salary if they switched codes or went overseas.
They're finally realising that now.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
one less idiot footballer in australia, the better.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
wuddie said:
lol

you act like "we" own them.

they can do whatever the hell they want.

sonny bill was just smart enough to realise australian contract law has no jurisdiction in france so he can do whatever he wants now.

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
maybe he had higher aspirations. y would any1 choose the bulldogs over a possible all black test cap?

joshua.green

HSC
sonny bill williams is a dirty grub.

but he is a freak.

i highly advice you search 'sonny bill williams' in youtube and watch the first video.

SBW loves me the media on his back and he loves creating a stir "eg. comments about MG"

i hope that he becomes stranded and can't play rugby or league.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
joshua.green said:
sonny bill williams is a dirty grub.
Alright, grub.

The irony of the first video having the words "It's not about the salary, it's all about reality" in its music didn't escape me.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
historykidd said:
you sound really stupid here tbh.

don't speak about something unless you have at least a competent grasp on it :eek:
Oh wait, the Australian press is bitching and moaning. And the French knew about him. I'm totally proved wrong, and have no grasp of even simple logic. Oh wait, you know that's not what I meant. Asshole.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Other players wouldn't be getting as much money, the seizure of property would be enough to scare them off... for SBW he doesn't mind losing a 1.4 million dollar house since he'll get that back in a year.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
The only reason why they're suing him is to scare off players who wouldn't get as much money, they know it's not going to stop him. I find the challenge of the salary cap interesting, is he doing it just because its something that's always pissed him off or does he perhaps want to use it as leverage to get the nrl to not pursue their case against him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)