SOR I exam!!!! (1 Viewer)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
are they able to ask for the significant person of lets say, islam, for both section II and III, so theres no avoiding it? :S

somebody please let me knoww!!!

jet

Banned
HSC
Last year Christianity had the significant practice asked in both the Essay and the Short Answers.

I'm not sure you should place all your bets on the significant person being the essay though - they could easily ask one of the topics which have already been asked, in order to trick you.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Theoretically the whole Christianity question can be on practice. Though obviously it won't be. The last two years have been practice and personality so only ethics is left. Tbh there is no point trying to psychoanalyze the BOS' thoughts lol. Just prepare for all three and you can't go wrong.

HSC
are they able to ask for the significant person of lets say, islam, for both section II and III, so theres no avoiding it? :S

No absolutely not. The significant person is an elected person from the list and I don't know how a school would be able to cover each person in depth enough in order to write the essays that gained the full marks. That would be like memorising 12 or more essays... no way

Harley Chan

HSC
i thought one section was on significant person and the other on a practice.....

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
nooo i mean, for example, say for islam your school learnt about AL ghazali

in the exam, are they able to ask you about al ghazali in both Section II and III?

jet

Banned
HSC
Last year Christianity had the significant practice asked in both the Essay and the Short Answers.

I'm not sure you should place all your bets on the significant person being the essay though - they could easily ask one of the topics which have already been asked, in order to trick you.
Yes they can.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
ahh well, i guess ill just have to study for al-ghazali anyway, and hope 2 god that it doesnt come up twice (so i can avoid it :D)

Bdogz

HSC
N/A
How well does SOR 1 scale? say if i got 40/50 for SOR 1 and i got 80/100 for engineering studies, which would scale better?</SPAN>

LordPc

HSC
SOR is very easy to study for. if you didnt bum around all year you would have written a solid essay on the significant person, the practice and the ethics of the religion.

you do that for 2 different religions and you are done. SOR is a piece of cake people, all you have to do is remember a handful of points

the paper is really short as well, MC takes 5 minutes tops, the other section 1 question another 5 minutes. SA maybe 20 minutes and the essay 30 minutes (if you know your stuff)

quit thinkin about SOR, go study for english

untouchablecuz

HSC
SOR is very easy to study for. if you didnt bum around all year you would have written a solid essay on the significant person, the practice and the ethics of the religion.
hahahaah

i unfortunately, bummed around all year

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
hahahaah

i unfortunately, bummed around all year
Same, but i'm somehow beating ~80 people in our grade :)
I'll probably just read over notes for half an hour before the exam, cbf doing any more

I'm more worried about english :uhoh:

eggy91

HSC
What are the odds that for Christianity the essay will be on baptism seeing as baptism was last years HSC question. I really need to know because im so much more confident with the significant person and christian bioethics and im wondering if i should study baptism at all.

jet

Banned
HSC
Well, if you don't study Baptism then you need to be up on all 3 Islam topics so you can answer that essay if Baptism is the essay.

xmiss_cupcakex

HSC

Even if they do ask about a significant person for both sections if you choose to do Christianity for section II for example, you have to do Islam for Section III.

raniaaa

:)
HSC
What are the odds that for Christianity the essay will be on baptism seeing as baptism was last years HSC question. I really need to know because im so much more confident with the significant person and christian bioethics and im wondering if i should study baptism at all.
study one religion really well so that you can do the extended response on it, and then study the other religion semi-well and do short responses on that. but make sure you do ALL sections of that religion.
trust me don't try getting smart about it and avoiding some, tried that for trials, everything i wasn't planning on doing were in BOTH sections of BOTH religions i.e. i screwed myself over nice and hard :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)