SOR PREDICTIONS (1 Viewer)

NOTShawn

HSC
the quote from Q6 in MC was from the last verse of the song "One Song" by Archie Roach.
It is said that the song is about a "moving story of Country and connection, and passing cultures on to future generations"
it could be option A (oral tradition or something):oops:

demdoo1

HSC
What did you guys write for your Section III essays? For Christianity I wrote about how Baptism unites adherents as the body of Christ, Apostle Paul verses about being united in love in order to love each unique individual (diversity), also abt sanctity of the body in sexual ethics united w/ christ and then able to be unique in their character & diff spiritual gifts and then about the trinity how each person of the trinity is united but distinct. I was not expecting that type of question at all tbh..
Also what did you guys say for the MCQ about the religious dimension uniting ppl or something??

demdoo1

HSC
I said totemic spirit because it sticks with them throughout their lives and is associated with the land where they were born, so it makes sure they never forget

But I’m not really sure either, I feel like A and B both made equal sense to me
Yeah I think it was C - identity

carrotsss

HSC
i think we should be in love, ill accept your answer of B and you accept my answer of C. then we can live happily ever after in harmony
I accept your answer of C ❤

I think I’m past the phase of denial at this point, at least it’s only 1 mark

Big_Kev

HSC
What did you guys write for your Section III essays? For Christianity I wrote about how Baptism unites adherents as the body of Christ, Apostle Paul verses about being united in love in order to love each unique individual (diversity), also abt sanctity of the body in sexual ethics united w/ christ and then able to be unique in their character & diff spiritual gifts and then about the trinity how each person of the trinity is united but distinct. I was not expecting that type of question at all tbh..
Also what did you guys say for the MCQ about the religious dimension uniting ppl or something??
That question was so good for my class coz we all helped each other with, and specifically practised, Unity & Diversity Q's for a couple weeks since we thought it was very unique and we could defo get it.

I reckon you would've done well with what you stated here, but just a quick q - along with this, did u explore the DIVERSE beliefs/views of the different denominations of Christianity especially in regards to Baptism & Ethics? Because if u managed to incorporate those throughout ur response, while also fleshing out the common elements of the practice & ethics to all denominations, it will surely stand out to the markers.

Personally, my school does Marriage Ceremony & Bioethics (PJXXIII for person) so we looked at the practice's common symbols across all denominations, as well as specifically Catholic, Orthodox etc. and for Bioethics we wrote about our common teachings, as well as Catholic, Uniting & Anglican views on contemporary issues in relation to the teachings.

But yeah you'll probably do very well in the end, so don't worry.

demdoo1

HSC
That question was so good for my class coz we all helped each other with, and specifically practised, Unity & Diversity Q's for a couple weeks since we thought it was very unique and we could defo get it.

I reckon you would've done well with what you stated here, but just a quick q - along with this, did u explore the DIVERSE beliefs/views of the different denominations of Christianity especially in regards to Baptism & Ethics? Because if u managed to incorporate those throughout ur response, while also fleshing out the common elements of the practice & ethics to all denominations, it will surely stand out to the markers.

Personally, my school does Marriage Ceremony & Bioethics (PJXXIII for person) so we looked at the practice's common symbols across all denominations, as well as specifically Catholic, Orthodox etc. and for Bioethics we wrote about our common teachings, as well as Catholic, Uniting & Anglican views on contemporary issues in relation to the teachings.

But yeah you'll probably do very well in the end, so don't worry.
Yeah I talked about sexual ethics and the different views around masturbation and about the different views around infant baptism. I agree, all in all it was quite a good question, I was more expecting a verse and a question but this one was good to work with as I think gave everyone a chance to present things they knew. Yeah it sounds like you did quite well on that questions, good job I hope you get a good mark!! - Also what type of things did you say for the peace section? - if you do SOR II

carrotsss

HSC
Yeah your essay response sounds good.

For Christianity, I did Luther (diversity in Protestant reformation and then underlying unity in Vatican II), briefly went over diverse views on homosexuality (linking sexual ethics to sola scriptura) and then talked about the diversity of expression of baptism (paedobaptism credobaptism etc) and then the unity in the beliefs expressed by baptism (salvation symbolised in white robe etc.)

I honestly really liked the question, it was so easy to adapt my points to it and it was more interesting than the plain old “guiding adherents” from previous years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)