Soundwave 09 (1 Viewer)

nocky

HSC
Selling a soundwave ticket to the sydney show at Eastern Creek.
Ticket was purchased in early bird for $110.
If interested in buying please contact me asap

kay90

HSC
I reckon last year's line up was much better.

Got lucky last year too, I emailed a MAE's (band) management and told them an idea of mine. Went to the hotel to pick up tickets and all these bus load of bands (eg, Motion City Soundtrack, Audioslave, Coheed and Cambria, Killswitch Engage etc) start coming and checking in, friend and I waited for about 3 hours cause our tickets hadn't arrived yet (bleh). Manager at the hotel told us the band "might" be coming, and they did end up coming and friend and I ended up meeting the band and their crew. They were also very nice enough to offer and give us a ride to the venue (so we were on the bus with Mae and half of Cartel). We entered through VIP area and they gave us VIP backstage passes (where all the band tents were). Pretty cool, had the best time and met all these other bands. Now I regularly keep in touch with Mae :)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
hahaha politik stop pretending. i remember when you used to love these "emo bands"
so its not electro anymore its industrial?

Beege

HSC
Nah I don't think they brought the lights in the sky production, they had a pretty basic setup in NZ but still awesome nonetheless.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
So you're saying it's a criminal offense that my musical taste changes? I've been on this forum a long time, it doesn't surprise me that you remember stuff I liked from years back. And you're right, I used to like New Found Glory, From First to Last, Electro music, House music, MOS albums, Enrique Iglesias, and other stuff I wouldn't touch anymore. This fucking joke is over.
I think he's calling you out for acting like you're a trendsetter every time some new fad comes along, you know trying to look old school when you're actually just a bandwagoner.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Circular argument Mike, I wasn't born listening to the music I like.
Rofl, its not a circular argument at all, and its got nothing to do with liking or listening to music.

It's your attitude or the way you make it seem that you're some sort of authority or music nazi. Quit acting like you're Molly Meldrum.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
all i gotta say is soundwave need smarten the fuck up.
waited in line for hour an a half...missed less than jake an chiodos.

the mission in motion stated playing to a empty main stage because they stated at 11:30. an gates open at 11:30...what a fucking joke.

and the massive bottle neck between stage 5 an the drinking area.
didnt help that it was the metal stage an meatheat metal heads charging though when everyone is walking.

an stage where i watched say anything on had the most fuckedup sound.
i've heard better sound in peoples backyards.

but on the other hands. crowd was pretty well behaved, and bands were fucking tops.

billy talent was my highlight, even tho he talks like a weirdo they play so fucking tight..cant wait for their sideshow

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
all i gotta say is soundwave need smarten the fuck up.
waited in line for hour an a half...missed less than jake an chiodos.

the mission in motion stated playing to a empty main stage because they stated at 11:30. an gates open at 11:30...what a fucking joke.

and the massive bottle neck between stage 5 an the drinking area.
didnt help that it was the metal stage an meatheat metal heads charging though when everyone is walking.

an stage where i watched say anything on had the most fuckedup sound.
i've heard better sound in peoples backyards.

but on the other hands. crowd was pretty well behaved, and bands were fucking tops.

billy talent was my highlight, even tho he talks like a weirdo they play so fucking tight..cant wait for their sideshow

Sounds shit.
Except billy talent, they are awesome!

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
uh people were complaining about entry on the soundwave forum too but when i went it was piss easy to get in. i got inside in 10min around 1.30pm. through the main gate even. set up was heaps better than last year, got no complaints.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
It took so long to get in if you were on a bus before about 1pm. All the buses dumped everyone at the northern gate...barely anyone used the gate on the other side (my friends drove in and gained entry in less than 5 minutes). After about 1 or something they started dumping people on both sides. I was stuck in the mud before that for like an hour at the northern gate though.

Yeah, the fenced off drinking areas were pretty bad imo. It meant if you wanted to get closer to the band you couldn't drink. On the other hand, i guess this is why the crowd was so well behaved this year (except for the hardcore dancing circles...i HATE hardcore dancing goddammit)

imo it was a decent experience with the music overall. I got to see a bit of in flames, lacuna coil, a bit of horse the band, devildriver (probably my favourite that night, probably just cuz they reminded me so much of metalocalypse), alkaline trio, a bit of NIN and a bit of Face to Face. Saw bloodhound gang too...they were shit :p.
edit: not that i don't like their stuff, but i don't think their singer was having a good day, seemed like he was just coasting it for half the set.

The venue itself was pretty awesome though, the way the hills were shaped and stuff. It could've made a good concert great, but soundwave management didn't help at all. I suppose that's what happens when you change venues every year...if they got a fixed venue each year they could learn from their mistakes.

Last edited:

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
how were nfg? anberlin? rival schools? bedouin soundclash? the subways? funeral for a friend? hellogoodbye? saves the day? jaguar love?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)