speeches module b (1 Viewer)

dragons2011

HSC
N/A
hey
you think this year they will make force us to do a certain speech another one of our own choosing or both of our own choosing?

thanks

HSC
Uni Grad
Have before.
but that was 9 years ago. I doubt they will ask you that, since it would be very unfair to those who have not prepared for that particular speech in detail, and hence ppl who are lucky will get good marks, not the ones who are actually good at english.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
They probably won't. More likely way of differentiating students is asking a different text type.

cpwincess19

HSC
I'm pretty nervous about that actually :/
So who's preparing for all speeches ?
I'm not going to have time...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
That's why you prepare 3 strongly and have a working knowledge of the rest.

benkelly

HSC
but that was 9 years ago. I doubt they will ask you that, since it would be very unfair to those who have not prepared for that particular speech in detail, and hence ppl who are lucky will get good marks, not the ones who are actually good at english.
i agree... I think that it would be totally unfair for the people who get the luck of the draw and get the prescribed speech they prepared for. But in saying that, I'm getting a general handle on what each speech is talking about with a few quotes.
If they do tell us what speech to use it'll probably be like "Refer to (particular speech) and at least ONE of your own choosing"

HSC
Uni Grad
i agree... I think that it would be totally unfair for the people who get the luck of the draw and get the prescribed speech they prepared for. But in saying that, I'm getting a general handle on what each speech is talking about with a few quotes.
If they do tell us what speech to use it'll probably be like "Refer to (particular speech) and at least ONE of your own choosing"
They could possibly ask for at least one male or female speaker. i reckon that won't screw people as much.

Haaalp

HSC
I have 3 down pat and a generally knowledge of the rest.

HSC
N/A
That's why you prepare 3 strongly and have a working knowledge of the rest.
Are you's all serious?

NO THEY WONT ASK FOR A SPECIFIC SPEECH , bcuz if they do I'm fucked !

I don't even know the rest of the speeches names off the top of my head apart from the three I did ....

fuck this shit

SnowTau

HSC
I'm winging it and doing only 2. Stupid idea, I know.

pnkdavo

HSC
I doubt they can tell us to do that ...
Well, they did. They asked for Suu Kyi and it was rather funny because my teacher told us throughout the entire module "THEY CAN ASK FOR A SPECIFIC SPEECH." I winged it, but fortunate for me, i studied Suu Kyi so i was all good and i think it was my best essay. NEVER NEVER NEVER underestimate what the board of studies will do. Did you know that in that section they can ask for a speech, diary log or student response? Or that in belonging creative writing they can ask for a feature article, diary entry, etc? Just because they havent done it in "x" amount of years doesnt mean they wont do it again. Dont take chances, try tutortales past questions, not just the past HSC questions but ones from schools' assessment tasks.

Last edited:

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
In terms of that Module, there is an expectation that students understand ALL the speeches prescribed. I have to say that it would be a good move for the Board to specifically ask for a certain speech as it will detract students from using prepared responses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)