SRC elections. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
wikiwiki said:
..should I?
Well why not. I'm sure plenty of right wingers would want to convert over to their side through the use of charm and innuendo.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Rose Jackson may be hot Now, but just think what she'll look like in 20 years time...

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Phanatical said:
Rose Jackson may be hot Now, but just think what she'll look like in 20 years time...

you had a crush on one of your opponents? :Rolleyes:

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
erawamai said:
you had a crush on one of your opponents? :Rolleyes:

That's just ridiculous, of all the HECS-supported students at USYD, she'd be one of the few who WOULD be able to afford the full fees.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Phanatical said:
That's just ridiculous, of all the HECS-supported students at USYD, she'd be one of the few who WOULD be able to afford the full fees.
Yes I noted that. I found that a little ironic. I presume that she is wealthy enough to go pay for law HECS or otherwise.

However the quote would apply if the person was in fact poor.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'm baffled at how higher HECS has anything to do with your parents. It's a DEFERRED PAYMENT. The government is not talking about making everything full fee.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I for one am thankful that there are stupid people willing to pay for their degrees. Their money makes Our degrees more comfortable.

jellybeenz

HSC
I think it was a bit of- this is only the first step....

And I read the sentiment as-- higher hecs deter people from studying as they fear being in debt and not being able to pay it back. This isn't a problem if you have money. If you don't have any money, well, being in debt tends to scare poorer people more.

Plebeian

withoutaface said:
Tom Watson
Rose Jackson
Nick Wood
Katy Fernandez
Patrick Langosch
Ben Rau
Louisa McDonald
Are you sure about that? Rose said that the Action people on NUS are herself, Nick Wood and Michael Janda (the current SRC Education Officer).

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Techie said:
Are you sure about that? Rose said that the Action people on NUS are herself, Nick Wood and Michael Janda (the current SRC Education Officer).
Janda must've got up from the Stop VSU ticket, I was assuming all 3 were from the "Action" ticket.

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
wikiwiki said:
Is there anywhere we can complain to in order to force the university to give Rose Jackson her degree early?

I am really sick of her.

Just give her the degree and get her the hell out of Sydney Uni.
If the did that, she'd probably enroll in a second undergraduate degree :)

She can be a bit scary - I was in her 1st year World Politics tute (when Merom was the lecturer - great stuff) and she was ... vicious. I especially enjoyed her defence of the Marxist paradigm of international relations :)

I love here mum xox

melbournian

mexian expat
HSC
ManlyChief said:

She can be a bit scary - I was in her 1st year World Politics tute (when Merom was the lecturer - great stuff) and she was ... vicious. I especially enjoyed her defence of the Marxist paradigm of international relations :)

I love here mum xox
Marxism makes a hell of a lot more sense than realism, neo-realism, neo-liberalism and even liberalism. Admitably, constructivism makes the most sense.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
jellybeenz said:
I think it was a bit of- this is only the first step....

And I read the sentiment as-- higher hecs deter people from studying as they fear being in debt and not being able to pay it back. This isn't a problem if you have money. If you don't have any money, well, being in debt tends to scare poorer people more.
Extra wages as opposed to not going to university > extra HECS payments. If they are intelligent enough to get into university they should be able to do the simple math.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
melbournian said:
Marxism makes a hell of a lot more sense than realism, neo-realism, neo-liberalism and even liberalism. Admitably, constructivism makes the most sense.
You are such a troll these days melbie.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
ManlyChief said:

I love here mum xox
I thought she was a Economics/law ?

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
ManlyChief said:
Yeah, that's right. She was doning government as part of her BEc/LLB :)
I keep forgetting that usyd has that mega faculty. um...Government and eco thingy where political science isn't in the arts school and what not.

http://www.econ.usyd.edu.au/seps/

School of political science found its way into the school of business. I never quite got that.

Last edited:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
wikiwiki said:
It's pretty simple: usyd arts degrees are worthless and it was impacting on government majors.
I know, its just not very traditional. Most politics schools exist inside the humanities/arts faculties in most unis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)