• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sri Lankan Tour (2 Viewers)

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah- srilanka all out for 245- lets just hope, murali does his magic and gets a 5 wicket hall like clarke did. :D
*kneels down and prays*

Originally posted by copious
michael clarke took 5 wickets, what a champ.
meh... 2 bad he cant bat :p

Pace Setter

"but weren't dose games played at sharjah and not on da sub-continent..."

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt Sharjah part of the sub-continent?

"its a shame if he doesn't come down under, but i guess if ppl keep saying no ball every ball you deliver, it would get annoying!"

As a professional sportsman, he shouldnt be affected to the extent that he cant play. He should be penalised somehow, if thats the only reason he isnt coming.

"its been proven that he DOES NOT chuck

i also used to think he chucked at first
but i was educated "

The biomechanics experts proved that during his trials where he bowled "normal" deliveries, he was incapable of getting his arm to the angle at which was prohibited by the ICC. However, it is unlikely that he bowled any "doosras" or anything other than his stock deliveries during these trials. The trials also did not factor exhaustion or the real match pressures that Murali had to face. The experts never proved if he chucked or not in these different variations to his stock delivery, as well as how his action differed in more demanding game conditions.

Many(thousands at least) also believe that Murali's action has worsened since the testing of his action took place. Of course, theres no evidence of this, but the evidence presented to prove all his deliveries innocent is at best, inconclusive.

On to the first ODI- I hope Punter and Co. dont get complacent after that drubbing...only takes one game to completely turn things around, as was shown in Sydney last year.

jayz

walking
ok ok, murali is kewl, we all noe tat, nd i fink tat's enough of murali...
anyway, how come srilankans r losing? is pointing on drugs again?

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
Originally posted by Pace Setter
"but weren't dose games played at sharjah and not on da sub-continent..."

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt Sharjah part of the sub-continent?

"its a shame if he doesn't come down under, but i guess if ppl keep saying no ball every ball you deliver, it would get annoying!"

As a professional sportsman, he shouldnt be affected to the extent that he cant play. He should be penalised somehow, if thats the only reason he isnt coming.

"its been proven that he DOES NOT chuck

i also used to think he chucked at first
but i was educated "

The biomechanics experts proved that during his trials where he bowled "normal" deliveries, he was incapable of getting his arm to the angle at which was prohibited by the ICC. However, it is unlikely that he bowled any "doosras" or anything other than his stock deliveries during these trials. The trials also did not factor exhaustion or the real match pressures that Murali had to face. The experts never proved if he chucked or not in these different variations to his stock delivery, as well as how his action differed in more demanding game conditions.

Many(thousands at least) also believe that Murali's action has worsened since the testing of his action took place. Of course, theres no evidence of this, but the evidence presented to prove all his deliveries innocent is at best, inconclusive.

On to the first ODI- I hope Punter and Co. dont get complacent after that drubbing...only takes one game to completely turn things around, as was shown in Sydney last year.
alrite first of all u are wrong... sharjah is in da united arab emirates which is on the gulf peninsula and not on the sub-continent.

why shud he be penalised if he is bowling as best as he can within his body's limit. all u ppl that think he shud be penalised, think that he shouldnt bowl just because he has a slight disability. is that what u arying to say...

i would be very interested to know how many ppl here believe his action has worsened since the testing of his action but believed his action was alrite just after and before the testing...

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
Originally posted by jayz
ok ok, murali is kewl, we all noe tat, nd i fink tat's enough of murali...
anyway, how come srilankans r losing? is pointing on drugs again?
dey havent lost yet and hopefully they'll be able to pull a few wickets fast to put them abck in contention for the win.

Pace Setter

alrite first of all u are wrong... sharjah is in da united arab emirates which is on the gulf peninsula and not on the sub-continent."

Fair enough, but in answering a previous poster, Sharjah is still more foreign to the Australian team than to Pak, correct? Wasnt on the subcontinent, but nevertheless still against a subcontinental team in what was technically, "their" home series.

"why shud he be penalised if he is bowling as best as he can within his body's limit. all u ppl that think he shud be penalised, think that he shouldnt bowl just because he has a slight disability. is that what u arying to say..."

No. He should be penalised for not coming to australia, as long as theres no issue of personal safety, politics, etc. Murali says he doesnt want to play in Australia because Australian crowds keep calling him a chucker. Im saying, he, as a professional sportsman, shouldnt be affected enough by the crowds to avoid coming.

"i would be very interested to know how many ppl here believe his action has worsened since the testing of his action but believed his action was alrite just after and before the testing..."

I believe the many people who think his actions is "worse" also thought he was a chucker prior to the testing.

Last edited:

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
I believe the many people who think his actions is "worse" also thought he was a chucker prior to the testing.
that is the point im pointing out. it is that the ppl that think his action is getting worse are biased in the way that they never believed him to be a legitimate bowler even after the ICC proved there was nothing wrong with his action...basically the views of most ppl who think his action is getting worse are extremely biased against him and their views are generally pointless and should not be considered...

btw... Pace Setter, could you please quote properly, it would make your posts easier to read...

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
Fair enough, but in answering a previous poster, Sharjah is still more foreign to the Australian team than to Pak, correct? Wasnt on the subcontinent, but nevertheless still against a subcontinental team in what was technically, "their" home series.
it might have been a home series to a sub-continent team but the win was not based around the sub-continent...

Pace Setter

Originally posted by ZeGoat
that is the point im pointing out. it is that the ppl that think his action is getting worse are biased in the way that they never believed him to be a legitimate bowler even after the ICC proved there was nothing wrong with his action...basically the views of most ppl who think his action is getting worse are extremely biased against him and their views are generally pointless and should not be considered...
Look at my first post. The biomechanic experts never proved all of his deliveries to be legitimate, the thing they did was to prove that his stock delivery, in a non-game scenario, was clean.

I agree that many of the people calling him a chucker are doing it because they're jealous of his abilities. But theres also a group of people, who call him a chucker, that do genuinely believe he chucks, and that will not change until the experts prove his innocence through exhaustive tests of ALL his deliveries in match conditions.

Pace Setter

Originally posted by ZeGoat
it might have been a home series to a sub-continent team but the win was not based around the sub-continent...
Considering the margin of defeat of some of those games, and extreme temperatures of up to 50 degrees, and against a sub-continental team, I doubt the result would've been a lot different even if it was played in Pakistan.

Still, its all speculation and I hope Ricky can turn the tables around this time 'round in S Lanka.

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
Look at my first post. The biomechanic experts never proved all of his deliveries to be legitimate, the thing they did was to prove that his stock delivery, in a non-game scenario, was clean.

I agree that many of the people calling him a chucker are doing it because they're jealous of his abilities. But theres also a group of people, who call him a chucker, that do genuinely believe he chucks, and that will not change until the experts prove his innocence through exhaustive tests of ALL his deliveries in match conditions.
The ICC cleared him of any suspicious bowling.... if you and your group of ppl genuinely believe he is a chucker y not start a campaign to the ICC to retest him under all conditions IF what u say is right and he wasnt tested on all conditions before...

btw thanks for using proper quotes

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
Considering the margin of defeat of some of those games, and extreme temperatures of up to 50 degrees, and against a sub-continental team, I doubt the result would've been a lot different even if it was played in Pakistan.

Still, its all speculation and I hope Ricky can turn the tables around this time 'round in S Lanka.
the sub-continent does not get to 50 degrees. sharjah is in a country and region sorrounded by deserts and has these levels of heat. also if it was played in pakistan, pakistan would also have their loyal crowd which they didnt have ina a neutral country. as far as im concerned all i want is aus's rep in the sub-continent to remain crappy...

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
The one-day series is now tied. Sri Lanka triumphed by a single run.. Australia finished the innings 5/244, after appearing like they were going to cruise to victory. I blame over-confidence, plus good bowling at the end. Should make the remaining matches more interesting though. :)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
The one-day series is now tied. Sri Lanka triumphed by a single run.. Australia finished the innings 5/244, after appearing like they were going to cruise to victory. I blame over-confidence, plus good bowling at the end. Should make the remaining matches more interesting though. :)
actually, i think it was just good bowling at the death by chaminda vaas. no need to take away the credit from this fine bowler!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
actually, i think it was just good bowling at the death by chaminda vaas. no need to take away the credit from this fine bowler!
yeah, great effort by him- i also couldn't believe that bevan hit a six (against murali)- can u believe it- he really did!! :D

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I wasn't taking credit away from Vaas.. Even mentioned 'good bowling'. :)

Good sportsmanship on Atapattu's part too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)