• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sri Lankan Tour (1 Viewer)

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
what happened there? :S
Andrew Symonds was incorrectly given out LBW when he was on 10. The umpire soon realised his mistake, and asked Atapattu whether they would accept Symonds returning to the crease, which was quickly agreed to.

From Cricinfo;
The [Symonds lbw] decision was made and the umpires decided to call him back and they asked me whether I had a problem with that. Our guys knew it was a wrong decision and we didn't know what to do but when they asked him I was happy to call him back. It's only a game, after all, and we have to play the game in the right spirit. I said no because we all make mistakes and it was clearly a mistake. I don't see anything wrong in that.

Jolly good.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
the thing i don't get is why gilchrist came down the order for? :S
The idea behind the Clarke/Gilchrist switch was that Clarke would be better at facing spin early.. Of course, with both batsmen getting ducks, the plan didn't exactly work. :p

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
The idea behind the Clarke/Gilchrist switch was that Clarke would be better at facing spin early.. Of course, with both batsmen getting ducks, the plan didn't exactly work. :p
man, thats stupid if ur crap against spin- then its way better to bat first (since spinners ball after the first 15 overs)! :D

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
yep- this series is getting spicier- a great comeback by srilanka- a thrilling finish! :)
very exciting finish... can't get a much more exciting one than that...

man, thats stupid if ur crap against spin- then its way better to bat first (since spinners ball after the first 15 overs)! :D
yea but in yesterdayz match sl had only one non-spin bowler so a spinner had to open the bowling with vaas...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by ZeGoat
very exciting finish... can't get a much more exciting one than that...
yeah- vaas said that it was the best match that he has ever played. :/

but anyways, if the umpire refused to undo his decision yesterday- gilchrist and symonds would've got fines for sure- for the way they expressed their decent towards the umpire!

Pace Setter

Shouldnt they have been fined anyway for standing their ground well after the decision was given, considering that Symonds was half way back to the pavilion when he was recalled?

That game gives Clarke a pair of ducks-his average has dropped from 67 to about 40 since the Caribbean tour:eek: :mad: ....and Marto fails again:chainsaw:

Last edited:

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
Originally posted by Pace Setter
Shouldnt they have been fined anyway for standing their ground well after the decision was given, considering that Symonds was half way back to the pavilion when he was recalled?

That game gives Clarke a pair of ducks-his average has dropped from 67 to about 40 since the Caribbean tour:eek: :mad: ....and Marto fails again:chainsaw:
im pretty sure that u can stand your ground for a short period of time if you are really sure that you aren't out...

and clarke may just b havin a bad run or the low scores could be because australia are slowly losing their stranglehold at the top of international cricket with sl and india both having class teams now...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
im pretty sure that u can stand your ground for a short period of time if you are really sure that you aren't out...

and clarke may just b havin a bad run or the low scores could be because australia are slowly losing their stranglehold at the top of international cricket with sl and india both having class teams now...
na, i don't think u can show such decent u know- and there's many instances i can point out in where shocking decisions have been made- but did these ppl. show decent-NO!

as with the second point- yeah, i reckon australia is beginning to come down a bit, mainly bcoz of the fact that the players are becomming old now, and are going to retire soon- and the young talents haven't been given that much of a chance (during australia's boom years).

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
na, i don't think u can show such decent u know- and there's many instances i can point out in where shocking decisions have been made- but did these ppl. show decent-NO!

as with the second point- yeah, i reckon australia is beginning to come down a bit, mainly bcoz of the fact that the players are becomming old now, and are going to retire soon- and the young talents haven't been given that much of a chance (during australia's boom years).
oh, i thought u could... oh well u learn sumthin new everyday and yea da australian team are gettin old and soon other teams will dominate... btw freaking_out are u lankan?

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
theres plenty of young talent waiting to be thrown into the team, but their opportunies are limited. i look at nearly every established cricketing nation and they have thrown in young blood. Pakistan,england,sth africa,india,new zealand, even zimbwabe. its time to guys like clarke,north,tait,rofe,watson,white,hodge and hussey a go.

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
Originally posted by copious
theres plenty of young talent waiting to be thrown into the team, but their opportunies are limited. i look at nearly every established cricketing nation and they have thrown in young blood. Pakistan,england,sth africa,india,new zealand, even zimbwabe. its time to guys like clarke,north,tait,rofe,watson,white,hodge and hussey a go.
yeh thats what they need a go in the team... at the moment they are focused on wining (which i mite add they cant do properly) and not really caring that much about da future.... basically dere shud b more newer players in da team to give dem experience...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
oh, o thought u could... oh well u learn sumthin new everyday and yea da australian team are gettin old and soon other teams will dominate... btw freaking_out are u lankan?
hehe- why u say that- i just hate supporting australia thats all. :D

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
hehe- why u say that- i just hate supporting australia thats all. :D
hey i hate supporting australia in international cricket as well... i still think u are lankan...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
hey i hate supporting australia in international cricket as well... i still think u are lankan...
haha LoL- btw, c how i said that symonds and gilchrist should b tried for desent- well now there doing it..i think the match referee prolly read this thread, which inturn gave him the idea. ;) :D

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
haha LoL- btw, c how i said that symonds and gilchrist should b tried for desent- well now there doing it..i think the match referee prolly read this thread, which inturn gave him the idea. ;) :D
mayb.... too bad symonds got off scot-free and gilchrist only got a fine.... i think they should each have a one-match suspension :p ...

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
The umpire shouldve been suspended :D

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
Originally posted by Seraph
The umpire shouldve been suspended :D
but the umpire did realise that he had made a mistake... if he hadn't symonds would have bin out...

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
last nite's game waz depressin....... if sl could hold of for 9 more balls they could have one :(

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
last nite's game waz depressin....... if sl could hold of for 9 more balls they could have one :(
yeah, its a crack up- sri lanka really needs to improve their batting...216 (or whatever) is simply not enuf!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)