• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sri Lankan Tour (1 Viewer)

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
anyone see the massive six hit by the new zealander that left the stadium in the game against south africa yesterday..it was more than massive!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by choco
anyone see the massive six hit by the new zealander that left the stadium in the game against south africa yesterday..it was more than massive!
no- but yeah, i realised that some guy must've hit a six, when i was looking at the score cards. :D

Pace Setter

Originally posted by ZeGoat
yeh thats what they need a go in the team... at the moment they are focused on wining (which i mite add they cant do properly) and not really caring that much about da future.... basically dere shud b more newer players in da team to give dem experience...
Geez, I used to think winning was the main aim of cricket. Your national cricket team should always be a representation of the "best" players in the country at any one time, not an institution of the perceived best young talents. The aim should always be to win the next game at hand, not to focus on future series! A good example of this is the picking of Parthiv Patel in the Indian team. He is not the best gloveman in India, but they chose him for his "future potential" and his mediocre glovework probably cost India a few games in the recent Aus-India series.

Pace Setter

Originally posted by freaking_out
LoL, yeah- anyways i thought south africa was the "better" team...they all of a sudden have begun to go the other way. LoL
Good to see SA losing some games:D I think credit has to be given to the NZ team, they've played well in tough batting conditions. Apart from Pollock, none of the South Africans seem to have adjusted.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Pace Setter
Good to see SA losing some games:D I think credit has to be given to the NZ team, they've played well in tough batting conditions. Apart from Pollock, none of the South Africans seem to have adjusted.
yeah, well new zeland have been going up since they played against pakistan. :D

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Australia will win the series easily...

Howz about THAT decision... hmmm dunno, what a shit umpire, i like billiy bowden though, brings an element of fun to umpiring...

Sri Lankans collapse after Atapatu, Jawardene and Jayasuriya...

Ponting to score most runs and Gilespie for wickets...

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
Originally posted by Pace Setter
Geez, I used to think winning was the main aim of cricket. Your national cricket team should always be a representation of the "best" players in the country at any one time, not an institution of the perceived best young talents. The aim should always be to win the next game at hand, not to focus on future series! A good example of this is the picking of Parthiv Patel in the Indian team. He is not the best gloveman in India, but they chose him for his "future potential" and his mediocre glovework probably cost India a few games in the recent Aus-India series.
sure you aim to win but if you use all your best players and dont give your younger players a chance, when da old players start to retire, the team is going to become filled with young inexperienced players.... if a team is player lyk and extremely hard team for a certain series its understandable to use you best players... but they shouldnt b used all da time...

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
Originally posted by RUB!X
Australia will win the series easily...

Howz about THAT decision... hmmm dunno, what a shit umpire, i like billiy bowden though, brings an element of fun to umpiring...

Sri Lankans collapse after Atapatu, Jawardene and Jayasuriya...

Ponting to score most runs and Gilespie for wickets...
australia win da series easily eh?....... so far only da first match was easily won........ da second dey lost and da third dey won wit 9 balls remainin.... it is an exciting series... not a one-sided series lyk between australia and zimbabwe...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
australia win da series easily eh?....... so far only da first match was easily won........ da second dey lost and da third dey won wit 9 balls remainin.... it is an exciting series... not a one-sided series lyk between australia and zimbabwe...
yeah- australia looks like they're gonna win for sure...but in the end its an exciting series like the VB series- thats what counts. :)

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah- australia looks like they're gonna win for sure...but in the end its an exciting series like the VB series- thats what counts. :)
u shudnt be so pessimistic :p

Pace Setter

sure you aim to win but if you use all your best players and dont give your younger players a chance, when da old players start to retire, the team is going to become filled with young inexperienced players.... if a team is player lyk and extremely hard team for a certain series its understandable to use you best players... but they shouldnt b used all da time...
Well if your not going to play your best players for whatever reason, you should play your next best players, regardless of age. The only situation where you should play young talents that arent good enough to make the teams is against Zimbabwe or Bangladesh, possibly. The domestic system should be of adequate standard to increase skill/experience, etc of young unproven players

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Originally posted by choco
must of been the one and only chris cairns! cant wait until the kiwis come down here again. they always perform.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by copious
must of been the one and only chris cairns! cant wait until the kiwis come down here again. they always perform.
yep- their one of those teams, who've got a very good record against australia!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yeah not even sangakarra could help them, mediocre batting by the lankans.

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
Originally posted by copious
yeah not even sangakarra could help them, mediocre batting by the lankans.
i reckon... its always their battin that lets dem down...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)