Standard v Advanced English (1 Viewer)

Woteva636

HSC
If you feel under to much pressure in adv english, you may as well drop and cruise a bit, so you can spend more time on your other subjects

1bpcsmem we have identical subjects!! haha
lol, thats what i did last year to, but i droped bio this year and picked up ext2 maths.

aya-chan

HSC
My choice doesn't give you the choice of standard or advanced. Advanced is the minimum. D=

ssuzii

HSC
i was in the same position as you! but i dropped to standard, and when i got my results for my half yearly back, i actually did quite well, i got highest in my class, and a bit over average compared to the other advanced students. i felt stupid to ask if i could go back to advanced so im just going to stay in standard.
but if your still in advanced you should stay there, and just put a bit of extra effort to do well. because come next year when your doing your hsc tests, it will be in your favour! :D

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah but if your not capible of doing the work. why would you put yourself through it even if you could MAYBE get a better mark.
Those who take Advanced English would also either be very capable of the course or at least are average/competent at it and enjoy it... the work is more rewarding and enriching with better texts to study.

rm93

HSC
N/A
mannn
i do standard english
and im coming overall 1st out of 93
i feel weird
im trying to get the best i can

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'd recommend that you do Advanced English in Yr 11. If you're sincerely struggling in it, drop to Standard in Yr 12, however, make sure you consult friends, family, and most importantly, teachers.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I suggest that you advanced english unless you are getting <10/20 for assignments in year 11 and you are not willing to work your but off to get your marks up.

SweetStrawberry

HSC
N/A
hey
i wanted to ask a question
im currently in year 11 and im doing english advanced
and at school we have 3 english advanced classes but the teachers told us that they're going to cut one class and only make two english advanced classes.
and my rank is only 54/70, which means i have to drop down to standard english.
so my question is:
can the school FORCE you to drop down to standard english if your ranking is really bad?
coz i really want to do english advanced!

saberbladexx

HSC
hey
i wanted to ask a question
im currently in year 11 and im doing english advanced
and at school we have 3 english advanced classes but the teachers told us that they're going to cut one class and only make two english advanced classes.
and my rank is only 54/70, which means i have to drop down to standard english.
so my question is:
can the school FORCE you to drop down to standard english if your ranking is really bad?
coz i really want to do english advanced!
Thats happening at my school as well but like 64 do adv, and they want to cut it down to 40 at the start of term 4 this year, i think you can like get your parents to have an interview with the teachers though if you're >47 and like say you still want to do adv and they'll probably let you. Theres still term 3 left though so just try moving up like 10 ranks and you'll be all good.

Vamp!

HSC
Yeah exactly, there is no difference.

I am doing Advanced and I'm not at the top of my class, but im not at the bottom.
I would keep it for the rest of year 11 then in Term 4 then evaluate if you still want to keep it, if not drop down to standard. there is no difference in taking Advance or Standard though...

Yes, I agree with you. I'm currently doing Adv English and I'm just above average. When it started, I hated it and kept thinking to drop down to standard. But my teacher told me to think of it as one of my weakest subjects and spent more time on it. After a while, i got a hang of it and has improved from below average to above average,,,,n on my way to top 5 of the class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)