State of Origin Thread (1 Viewer)

who is going to win the state of orgin??

• blues

Votes: 50 74.6%
  • marrons

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
At least he didn't throw a pass to Bowen so he could score.
Yeah he did better than Kimmorley.
Fuck from the first 2 kickz by him I knew he wazn't goin to do any good.

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Orford for the Blues, hmmm maybe not.

Joey's back next week for the Knights. Whether he plays well again is another thing. But I think Gower should of been picked instead of Noddy. Tonite just justified that.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Johns iz too unfit to play rep football now, but I've alwayz thought he waz overrated anyway.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Yeah he did better than Kimmorley.
Fuck from the first 2 kickz by him I knew he wazn't goin to do any good.
He was the reason NSW had so little posession in the first half. That chip kick gave QLD the field poisition and a huge advantage. He needed to kick long, there is no reason to try flashy stuff in the first 5 minutes of a state of origin game.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
He was the reason NSW had so little posession in the first half. That chip kick gave QLD the field poisition and a huge advantage. He needed to kick long, there is no reason to try flashy stuff in the first 5 minutes of a state of origin game.
agreed...nor was there reason to kick on the second in the anzac test

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Random_87 said:
I hate to say it but the more deserving team won.... the blues were quite bad especially the hookers (wing & budderus), props, centers... well everyone except King, Rooney, Ben Kennedy and fitzgibbon.

Kimmorley was shocking but deserves a second chance, that being said, i wouldnt be disappointed if he missed the next 2 SOO games= more power for the sharks.
I cant think of one good kick all night by the blues.... even Coopers grubber that led to the try was shit.

But one good thing was the defense. I think QLD only got one line break... good defense all round.... and almost a good come back...
i'd add hindmarsh and minichello to the 'good' list, they worked hard and did pretty good i reckon. hindmarsh made loads of tackles, almost as many as fitzy, while minichello was always breaking tackles in attack and defused many dangerous situations in defence

the props lacked drive and wend missing through periods of time, and i think i completely missed any contributions the bench forwards made... i think i saw watmough take 2 hitups and simpson had a run in the beginning and ryan was involved in a bit of tackling at the end... very ordinary compared to ross and webb coming off the bench for queensland.

the hookers, i felt nsw had significantly more spark and rhythm with wing at dummy half than buderus, esp in the 2nd half. but in the first half we had virtually no momentum so it was a bit tough on buderus. both held up really well in defence

the centres: cooper was defensively solid, on gasnier side, there's a slight uncertainty but he shined in attack. the main problem is they never had much ball on the run.... which brings up the main problem -

the halves. kimmorley had an absolute shocker, i think i counted 1 decent kick and 1 decent pass all game, kicking game was rubbish, flunked an easy conversion, and some of the restarts barely made 30 meters, to top it all off, through a pass straight at bowen at the end. barret wasnt that much better, but at least he had some positive contributions as well as the stuff ups. lockyer and thursday made them look like complete amateurs and that was the difference at the end.

orford, or even johns(if playing good) to replace kimmorley next match. (maybe its a conspiracy so he wont miss any shark game by playing shithouse lol)

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
Random_87 said:
We were lucky to get the king try. looked like a forward pass to me.....
what about the buderus try, i reckn that was a forward pass. its passed b4 the line and gets it over the line

anyways in the past now, we win and so we should

im pissed off over webb's 2nd penalty, it was a good hard tackle. sure there was an elbow there, but how many others where there in the game??? a friggn shit load!!!

i will leave with my favourite word in the world ... QUEENSLANDER!!!!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
gordo said:
he said he was ready to play wen gould asked him
He Gould asked me if I waz ready to play I would've said the same.

iamsickofyear12 said:
I waz mo referrin to Kimmorley. My god hez crap.
Barrett iz better, but he didn't show it tonight.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
I'm not kidding. He isn't any good. He can't run the ball, his passing is poor and his kicking game sucks. I don't know why he is so highly rated.
Just so you know, Kimmorley's long range kicking game is the best in the NRL. he has the highest % of getting kicks down the other field and keeping them out of the fullback/wings hands.

He can run the ball, not as good as oford, but good for a half back.

His passing game is also bloody good.

However, rating him on the performance tonight, he was probably the worst half back in thhe nrl.

Because i am a shark fan im sure ive watched more of his games the most of you and i know that was a terrinle performance by his standards i know he is capable of playing much better.

And dont you people think its narrow minded that you blame a game on one player, ultimately yes it was his pass intercepted, but what about the poor performance by the forwards who were meant to run all over the QLD pack. What about the penalties that were given away to become 6 pts, if they werent scored we would of won, what about the ineffective centers? there was alot of things wrong with this performance, the problem is everyone hates Kimmorley (i used to too) so he is easy to blame. Someone who played equally as bad was Ryles but because he was in a less pivotal role everyone forgets. Ryles' dropped ball lead to a try down the other end.....

Anyway, im just trying to explain to all you kimmorley haters it wasnt just a bad game for him.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
fornstar said:
what about the buderus try, i reckn that was a forward pass. its passed b4 the line and gets it over the line

!
no way. it doesnt matter if the ball travels forward as long as it was thrown BACKWARDS, which it clearly did, but the speed at which they were running carried the ball forward

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Simpson played pretty well, but the impact from the bench waz far greater by QLD than NSW. I reckon Ryan should've been a starter.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Constip8edSkunk said:
i'd add hindmarsh and minichello to the 'good' list, they worked hard and did pretty good i reckon. hindmarsh made loads of tackles, almost as many as fitzy, while minichello was always breaking tackles in attack and defused many dangerous situations in defence
true, i forgot to mention them, more so mini....he was good....

Constip8edSkunk said:
orford, or even johns(if playing good) to replace kimmorley next match. (maybe its a conspiracy so he wont miss any shark game by playing shithouse lol)
lol, i hope so, without dykes and kimmorley we would lack alot of play making ability.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
We're blamin on Kimmorley becauz the half back receivez the ball all the time, and if he doezn't perform well he dragz the whole team wit him. It clearly showed tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)