• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

State Ranking (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
undalay said:
Unlikely, that test was straightforward, there will be plenty of 100%s. (refering to state ranking in MX1)

and im pretty sure midi was being sarcastic.
You reckon 100% in the MX1 = state-rank?

I have heard people saying that the test was the hardest in the few years...even though I admit that the exam was pretty straight-forward.

undalay

HSC
midifile said:
lol no I wanst.

Im pretty sure that only losing 1 mark in 3unit will get a state ranking. I highly doubt 10 people got 100%
I don't see why not, the test was very straight forward. No tricks.

undalay

HSC
lyounamu said:
You reckon 100% in the MX1 = state-rank?

I have heard people saying that the test was the hardest in the few years...even though I admit that the exam was pretty straight-forward.
Hard is the general consensus for the majority of the cohort.
For the upper tier, it is considered easy.

For example the 2007 paper, the final question you had to sub in m=1 to find the interval of the projectile. There are no tricks in the 2008 paper.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
undalay said:
I don't see why not, the test was very straight forward. No tricks.
But everyone is not immune to stupid error. Unless you had some 20-30 minutes to check all the questions thorougly (including working-out), you can always get few marks off...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
undalay said:

For example the 2007 paper, the final question you had to sub in m=1 to find the interval of the projectile. There are no tricks in the 2008 paper.
I see.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
undalay said:

I get what you mean. I actually found that paper quite good (I was the only person who came out of the exam room at my school happy).

But as namu said, everyone is immune to making stupid mistakes. A lot of the 'upper tier' said that although they didnt find the test hard, they found it long, which reduced their time to check back over the test and find any stupid mistakes.

Under exam conditions, people often tend to make more mistakes than when they are not under exam conditions.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
BradlovesJesus said:
I can give testament to the possibility of careless errors wreaking havoc with your exam marks. I made 9 marks worth of careless errors. 9!
You made 9 factorial marks of mistakes eh :rofl:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
axlenatore said:
You made 9 factorial marks of mistakes eh :rofl:
Lol, he failed - very hard that he is going to get negative marks.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
midifile said:
I get what you mean. I actually found that paper quite good (I was the only person who came out of the exam room at my school happy).

But as namu said, everyone is immune to making stupid mistakes. A lot of the 'upper tier' said that although they didnt find the test hard, they found it long, which reduced their time to check back over the test and find any stupid mistakes.

Under exam conditions, people often tend to make more mistakes than when they are not under exam conditions.
midi, how many marks have you lost so far? Are you looking at state-rank? (assuming that it is about 82+ if not 83 or 84)

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
lyounamu said:
midi, how many marks have you lost so far? Are you looking at state-rank? (assuming that it is about 82+ if not 83 or 84)
Looking through terry lees answers i'd say I got 80/84, maybe 81, depending on the marking scheme. All stupid mistakes though =[

But im soo happy with that =] =] =]

So im pretty sure no state rank, which is okay, since I was never really aiming for one

undalay

HSC
Well I hope you're right about 82+ namu.
I still disagree, but thats just a personal opinion and I can see where you guys are coming from.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
undalay said:
Well I hope you're right about 82+ namu.
I still disagree, but thats just a personal opinion and I can see where you guys are coming from.
I am not sure. It's just an estimation that I can sort of yield from the state-rank stats.

dp624

HSC
There's a few people at Ruse who are still on full marks for MX1 grrr. But last year only top5 got it (1234 then 6 =5 haha)

friction

HSC
If ruse get lots of state ranks and/or first. Im sure there will be a decent amount of complaining as they had the 15 extra minutes.

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
shaon0 said:
I'm almost positive that he'll state rank unless he makes some careless errors.
haha im just gona say it, lolokay WILL get a state rank. From what ive seen on this site, hes head and shoulders above all of us, hes amazing at probabilty which is rare also. I think he will get 84/84 in 3u and 120/120 in 4u. Looking throught the website, look at the Q he has answered, there insane Q.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
lol 120/120 for 4u.

don't jump the gun kiddo

gurmies

Drover
HSC
he is very, very talented. I don't think it is beyond him to get 120/120 and 84/84. It is a shame however, that careless errors occur. I have no doubt in my mind though, that he will be able to actually answer every single question.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Lol yeah gurmies -

seeing his progress throughout this year, it's nuts that hes helping year 12 students do their questions.

he has an educated and curious mind, sometimes sheer brilliance.

there is no doubt he can answer the questions, but careless mistakes in the 4unit paper is very likely (out of time/rushing etc.)

shaon0

HSC
gurmies said:
he is very, very talented. I don't think it is beyond him to get 120/120 and 84/84. It is a shame however, that careless errors occur. I have no doubt in my mind though, that he will be able to actually answer every single question.
Yeah. He's pretty good at maths.

gurmies

Drover
HSC
tommykins,I could say the same about your mind =D I don't think i've ever seen you get a question wrong. Moreover, I haven't ever seen you post up a query of your own:p That's saying something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)