"Stephenie Meyers can't write" - Stephen King (1 Viewer)

jiratic

HSC
I don't mind arcehtypes like Klaris said as much.
first and foremost is quality of prose.
and in twilight it's incrediblly , incredibly, as in apathetic year 6 girl writing level; so riddled with cliches, ineffective metaphor's, flat one dimensional characters- not to mention the absurdity and plotholes.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
Oh look, a study guide for Twilight.

Guaranteed 4.0 GPA for uni :pirate:.

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
I've literally only just started reading It and the writing really draws you in. You can actually imagine the scene. I don't know if it's because I'm reading in an infinitely more comfortable environment--at home on my desk versus browsing Twilight in a backless chair at a bookstore--or what, but the quality of Stephen King's writing is much higher--there's just no comparison.

HSC
Hey guys, Stephenie Meyers is richer and more famous than any of you cunts will ever be.
She's obviously doing something right.

wrecking

derp.
HSC
awww, a twilight fan sticking up for her poor meyer baby. bawl.

sunnaye

HSC
She has a different target audience?

What is with people and their narrow perspectives. =='

I love both authors !
I love King's horror and suspense novels
and I do love Twilight too...

So, basically, both authors have different types of genres and different target audiences.
You don't see Meyer writing about a New Age where people are being turned into zombies by just picking up their phone, or a murderer that kidnaps a random passerbyer.
Nor do you see King writing in conditions that suit the reading level of a 13 year old.

So stop the bashing please :)

tanna

HSC
I've literally only just started reading It and the writing really draws you in. You can actually imagine the scene. I don't know if it's because I'm reading in an infinitely more comfortable environment--at home on my desk versus browsing Twilight in a backless chair at a bookstore--or what, but the quality of Stephen King's writing is much higher--there's just no comparison.
True. Meyer is plain crap: syntax errors, lack of plot, lack of character development. Complete disregard of grammar.

As if you can compare the amazing characterisations present in King's novels to the cliched, essentially boring characters of Twilight (or as my sister often reminds me The Twilight Saga).

What's worse is that there is potential to develop her characters into three-dimensional, complex, relatable characters (Rosalie: rape victim... Jasper: vampire warrior) - however Meyer just didn't build on it. Don't even get me started on Bella

Plot? What plot? Half of Twilight is just pure fluff; "OMG HE'S SO PERFECT" for the first three hundred pages gets a bit tiring after a while.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Not to mention the fact that the plot glorifies death and essentially abusive relationships to tweenies :/

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
Richer. Has more influence. Is more famous.

BETTER THAN YOU.
Haw haw, straw man argument. Dictators are richer, have more influence and are really well known. Doesn't make them better people than me.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Hey guys, Stephenie Meyers is richer and more famous than any of you cunts will ever be.
She's obviously doing something right.
Just becuase she's famous, doesn't mean she's good quality. The only reason she is famous is becuase tween girls around the world are obsessed with one dimensional characters falling in love interspersed with all manner of cliches.

Fame does not equal quality. Twilight is a short-lived fad that will be forgotten in the next 5 years if not by the fourth movie. Quality writing is timeless.

What she is doing right is exploiting the fads of now and the terrible tastes of tween girls who cannot aprreciate true literature to make loads of money. However, ocne again I reassert this does not mean it is quality literature, which is what we are discussing.

Also King, Stoker, Rice are all hands down better than Meyer

wrecking

derp.
HSC
Ahahaha no, it's just pretty sad that people ITT are hating on someone who by any measure in society, is better than them ;)
it's not sad at all. it's sad how twifags stick up for the series, saying how original or great the books are. i rather be called a cunt, than a pile of shit like what meyer is. well, the book at least teaches readers one thing. be a f----- dumbass, cry over your boyfriend leaving you, and jump off a cliff. very inspirational. oh, and get pregnant at 18 because you rather give up everything and your INTELLIGENCE to be with someone who's probably so depressed with their lives they could be mistakened as a girl. pathetic. bella the damsel in distress, hasn't this been going on since forever? lol. might as well watch snow white.

one more thing, meyer is no better than a horny cougar. she writes the twilight series in the reflection of her own retarded sexual fantasies. WHATS THAT MEYER? UR NOT GETTING LAID ENUF? :( even if you say no, you're both in denial.

OH AND BTW, I DON'T HATE HER. I LOATHE HER WITH AN EFFIN PASSION. BRINGS YOUR WHOLE IDIOTIC STATEMENT TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL. UNLIKE YOU, I CAN AT LEAST HAVE ENOUGH INTELLIGENCE TO NOT ACT LIKE AN ASS AND FALL FOR A SPARKLY/BODY GLITTERED HOMO VAMPIRE FROM A NOVEL. i love abusing the luxury of caps lock.

wrecking

derp.
HSC
Richer. Has more influence. Is more famous.

BETTER THAN YOU.
oh my gawd, are you supporting me? thanks for sticking up for me. i am sooo flattered! i know i'm so famous. thanks hun. next time, set a fanclub for me hey?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
She has a different target audience?

What is with people and their narrow perspectives. =='

I love both authors !
I love King's horror and suspense novels
and I do love Twilight too...

So, basically, both authors have different types of genres and different target audiences.
You don't see Meyer writing about a New Age where people are being turned into zombies by just picking up their phone, or a murderer that kidnaps a random passerbyer.
Nor do you see King writing in conditions that suit the reading level of a 13 year old.

So stop the bashing please :)
Uh no.

Harry Potter was also targeted as kids but does the series detest people as much as Twilight? No of course not, because it's actually well written.

M3riJaan

Another Member
HSC
No.

But plenty of people hate on Britney, Lady Gaga etc.

Even though they are clearly better than them.

Power + Money > everything k.
in this life maybe...

And people hate on those celebs because that's power and money undeserved. I mean who are they helping?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)