Stimulus booklet, what are you picking? (1 Viewer)

Danoz The Great

HSC
I'm doing Town where time stands still, wind in the willows, road not taken, and maybe journey into the interior.

bEAbEA

HSC
i don't really connect with any of the stimulus texts - however, I'm doing the wind in the willows and the town where time stands still - for imaginative. I am just hoping so much that they don't specify a certain text, I'm sure they won't but it's still in the back of my mind...

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Can we use the poems from the stimulus booklet??? :confused: Some1 told me I couldn't and now I'm confused!

Y would they be in the stimulus booklet if we couldn't use them???

Last edited by a moderator:

blue_eye_baby

HSC
hey, has anyone got any good notes for the road not taken...we didnt concentrate on it but i need it for a back up. thankyou

nwatts

HSC
PiNkPiXiE said:
Can we use the poems from the stimulus booklet??? :confused: Some1 told me I couldn't and now I'm confused!

Y would they be in the stimulus booklet if we couldn't use them???
Of course you can. You can use whatever you want from the booklet. However, it's always best to have a range of texts in your essays. So if your prescribed is a poem, and your additional is a poem, it's not the best idea for you to pick a poem from the booklet.

I do Inner Journeys, and I use either Blood on the Tracks or The Town Where Time Stands Still. Both are great, and have a lot to say about the journey.

s0k0y0e0

HSC
nwatts said:
Of course you can. You can use whatever you want from the booklet. However, it's always best to have a range of texts in your essays. So if your prescribed is a poem, and your additional is a poem, it's not the best idea for you to pick a poem from the booklet.

I do Inner Journeys, and I use either Blood on the Tracks or The Town Where Time Stands Still. Both are great, and have a lot to say about the journey.
Oh cool thanks! Nah; I have 2 books and then; the road not taken.. :) Thanks for your help! x

blue_eye_baby

HSC
hey pinkpixie, just some advice, its prob not a good idea doing two books, they are the same form and u may be marked down for not using a selection of different texts in dif. form style etc

nwatts

HSC
Use two books. You won't get marked down.

Markers aren't happy when you overwhealm your response with one medium. You're using a poem too. Don't worry about it.

LordSeafood

HSC
My teacher greatly urged that we dont use two texts out of the same medium :S

That is why im doing a poem, a book cover, a book and a movie.

bEAbEA

HSC
kimi said:
Im using Wind in the Willows for Imaginative Journey. Is anyone else doing this with their prescirbed text as The Tempest?
Yeah i am - i link Toad's speech of his "perfect" world with Gonzalo's speech on the Commonwealth. What do you do with them?

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
I have three just incase the question doesn't suite the use of one of them

therefore i have studied... the ivory trail book cover by victor kelling
the town where time stands still -shirley geok lin lim
the road not taken- robert frost

Gibbo69er

Poor Student
HSC
i've prepared for both road not taken and wind in the willows, so if we have to choose one, i will choose depending on the question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)