Strike on the first two days of school (2009) (1 Viewer)

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
i hope this is actually confirmed or proven wrong. I don't want to go to school, find out there's no one there, and then look like an idiot in school uniform.
+1

helper

HSC
N/A
Just received the email. The strike is off based on a meeting tomorrow.

Jusskah

HSC
Wait, you're saying that its definitely off or its defnitely going to be decided tomorrow?

:S

helper

HSC
N/A
Wait, you're saying that its definitely off or its defnitely going to be decided tomorrow?

:S
NSW Teachers Federation: Media Centre: Latest News 2009: <p>48 hour Industrial Action not to proceed</p>

8 hour Industrial Action not to proceed
20 January 2009

The Federation's Executive met today to hear a report from the Federation's Senior Officers on the progress of negotiations with the DET.

In the light of significant progress in negotiations, the Executive of the NSW Teachers Federation determined at its meeting today not to proceed with the 48 hour stoppage of school and TAFE teachers proposed for Wednesday, 28 January and Thursday, 29 January (or Wednesday, 4 February and Thursday, 5 February in the western division of the state).

The Executive notes that the Industrial Relations Commission will deal with the dispute tomorrow morning and anticipates that this will result in a settlement.

A further statement will be issued tomorrow after the matter has been dealt with by the IRC.

HSC
NSW Teachers Federation: Media Centre: Latest News 2009: 48 hour Industrial Action not to proceed

8 hour Industrial Action not to proceed
20 January 2009

The Federation's Executive met today to hear a report from the Federation's Senior Officers on the progress of negotiations with the DET.

In the light of significant progress in negotiations, the Executive of the NSW Teachers Federation determined at its meeting today not to proceed with the 48 hour stoppage of school and TAFE teachers proposed for Wednesday, 28 January and Thursday, 29 January (or Wednesday, 4 February and Thursday, 5 February in the western division of the state).

The Executive notes that the Industrial Relations Commission will deal with the dispute tomorrow morning and anticipates that this will result in a settlement.

A further statement will be issued tomorrow after the matter has been dealt with by the IRC.

yay..school !!!

SeftonIsAHole

HSC
FUCK indeed... now i have to go to a hole called sefton high school 2 days earlier.

speedofsound

HSC
Good. I really hate it when we only have to go to school for one day then it's the weekend at the start of the year.

Mcdonalds

HSC
Strike

Hi, does anyone know if the goddamn strike is on or not? i have no idea and my school hasn't sent me an email to let me know like they said they would.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I hope this is actually confirmed or proven wrong. I don't want to go to school, find out there's no one there, and then look like an idiot in school uniform.
it's proven wrong now. you can go to school now feeling that you will see new mates.

I am going to school on 29th and my yr 12 starts, yay!

time to pull out some studying~

Freckles14

HSC
Re: Strike

No strike.

There'll probably be a bigger one later in the year if the teachers' conditions are taken away though.

monesh

HSC
it would have been a whole extra week if we had the strike >.>

akrinis

HSC
how is it a whole extra week?
Well, most schools start on 28th January, the Wednesday. So, the other poster probably assumed the first two days would have included THURSDAY & FRDIAY, making the first day back on the following Monday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)