Study time required for atars (1 Viewer)

Bobbo1

HSC
How much time do people do people put in (daily) for a 99 atar?

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Most people that tend to get the 99+ atars are accelerated in that they do some subjects beforehand. Therefore because of this, they might not need to study as much.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
Most people that tend to get the 99+ atars are accelerated in that they do some subjects beforehand. Therefore because of this, they might not need to study as much.
most is a bit strong, not all schools offer it, and OP there is no general guide, depends on natural ability but you need to work consistently. some people study all year round and get 99+ and some people only study during exam time and get 99+, therefore you need to look at your natural ability before deciding the number of hours.

muzeikchun852

HSC
I'm really sick of these thread - because there isn't a definite amount that you need to study to achieve a certain mark. Everyone has different ability in different subject, i.e. some might have a talent in a certain subject, so they don't have to study as much. As well, the amount of study also depends on your subject - theory-based subjects might need more time to learn the information via studying, while maths/science-based subject might need more time to understand the concept via practicing. Without any indication of what kind of subject you do and what kind of ability you have, and set a general rule to reach a certain academic level - mission impossible.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
There is no magic number-depends on the person. But I think that someone aiming for 99+ should probably spend at least two hours studying a day.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
It's not like if you study 3 hours a night you are guaranteed to get a 99+ ATAR

That said, the people at my school who got a 99+ last year studies, like 1-2 hours a day minimum.

mioumiou

HSC
I'm really sick of these thread - because there isn't a definite amount that you need to study to achieve a certain mark. Everyone has different ability in different subject, i.e. some might have a talent in a certain subject, so they don't have to study as much. As well, the amount of study also depends on your subject - theory-based subjects might need more time to learn the information via studying, while maths/science-based subject might need more time to understand the concept via practicing. Without any indication of what kind of subject you do and what kind of ability you have, and set a general rule to reach a certain academic level - mission impossible.
It's how much work you've put in not the amount of time. Quality>Quantity :)

jamesfirst

HSC
True...

I have to spend hours on math while my friend only spend an hour to do the exercise. I have to study everyday for physics and chemistry while my friend is just naturally smart and know as much (although I know more info them him). People are just naturally smart and can take in the information in a short period of time, while people like me have to keep reinforcing it to memorise it.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
2-4 in general

Some spend 6 a day end up with 94-96

Others spend 1 a day end up with 98

Depends on you and your memory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)