• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

studying for pre-lim when should i start? (1 Viewer)

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
I've already finished Physics and Biology, and I'm about 10% through Chem and Modern. I have to start Maths, but I'm going to procrastinate for as long as possible :)
Wtfk

Relax a bit man, at least until the end of New Year's Day......

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Wtfk

Relax a bit man, at least until the end of New Year's Day......
LOL. I still have to finish my 5.3 math syllabus =.=

This is what I get for organising the formal.

I'll do it after New Years.

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL. I still have to finish my 5.3 math syllabus =.=

This is what I get for organising the formal.

I'll do it after New Years.
LOLS me too, im trying to finish the 5.3 syllabus before the end of the year :( i got like 2 excercises and revision of all topics to go :mad1: Starting fresh for year 11 on nye :p

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
LOLS me too, im trying to finish the 5.3 syllabus before the end of the year :( i got like 2 excercises and revision of all topics to go :mad1: Starting fresh for year 11 on nye :p
LOL. Maybe I should finish it before New Years. I have 1.5 chapters and 3 days. Ah forget it, I'll start on the 2nd of January 2010.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
if you must study, study maths
and for english, read HSC texts

prelim was such a waste. All my effort was wasted. I had a predicted UAI/ATAR of 98.55 for Prelim. and it was a waste!!!! If I get any lower than that for the HSC, I would be extremely angrry because Prelim was a waste!

mioumiou

HSC
I'm starting with Ext. 1 maths and will probably read some notes from the BOS resources section for chem and bio. It's good to have a bit of head starts and have some ideas of what you're going to learn next year!

Good luck with all of your studies over the holiday everyone!

0bs3n3

HSC
yeah no dont be gay
just relax hey
+ 1

Also why the hell has anyone bought study guides for year 11? >.>

When you get to term 4 you'll realise how useless year 11 was much like you realise how useless year 10 was. And hopefully one day I'll realise how useless year 12 was.

Last edited:

SImon05089

HSC
+ 1

Also why the hell has anyone bought study guides for year 11? >.>

When you get to term 4 you'll realise how useless year 11 was much like you realise how useless year 10 was. And hopefully one day I'll realise how useless year 12 was.
are you serious, i wasted like around $50 on excel books for all my subjects except 1, and its actually useless...dammit! i just bought the excel books as a back-up sort of/ reference book to my actually textbook the school is going to tell us to buy. omg...i guess its useless...

though i dont agree with you on the year 12 part! its like a once in a lifetime chance or something, its really important!!

but anyways, yeah i think we should all relax, but just like what mioumou said, yep start doing some maths, and look through some notes on the subjects you're doing, so you get a headstart! mostly maths!

but wish you all for the best in year 11, have a great year! good luck with your studies!!

mioumiou

HSC
are you serious, i wasted like around $50 on excel books for all my subjects except 1, and its actually useless...dammit! i just bought the excel books as a back-up sort of/ reference book to my actually textbook the school is going to tell us to buy. omg...i guess its useless...

though i dont agree with you on the year 12 part! its like a once in a lifetime chance or something, its really important!!

but anyways, yeah i think we should all relax, but just like what mioumou said, yep start doing some maths, and look through some notes on the subjects you're doing, so you get a headstart! mostly maths!

but wish you all for the best in year 11, have a great year! good luck with your studies!!
haha, thanks SImon05089! it's okay if you've bought the Excel books. Even though they're crap, but they "might" somehow be useful if you want a headstart or something like that. But the Excel series have some good practise question (I've heard from a friend) and they've also got solutions! So they're not totally useless (to those peope if you have bought them already).

Every textbooks have they're pros and cons, and every good textbooks/ reference books have they're weaknesses. =S

Wish you all the best for studying!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)