subjects u did which didnt count, did u regret doing it? (1 Viewer)

dp624

HSC
ALL of my subjects counted =D
i dropped eng ex1 and bio because i was 100% defn they wouldn't count. loved my decision

samjohnno91

HSC
general maths was ranked higher than my music 1.

got 89 in gmaths and 90 in music.

Found that a bit suprising that music was so poorly scaled. :confused:

jerrysong

HSC
Regreted toding Adv English, should have done ESL
also if chem was Jap beginer, might strike a 99+ UAI instead of 97.45

dat202hoe

HSC
I regret doing all my subjects. Dumber people than me got higher UAIs because they do moderately harder subjects. Fuck the HSC.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
olivegreentiger said:
They dropped Ext eng (44) and general maths (93). I was pretty sure from the beginning of the year that maths would be dropped.
WOW
u did REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY well considering ur subs !
like not in a bad way, because i do a few of them mysefl
what kind of marks did u have to maintain all year ( internal and external ) and like on avg internally on each assmnt to get a uai like tht with those subs ? if u dnt mind me asking ... =)

Gerald10

HSC
I have a complicated case. I accelerated last year in Maths, ext 1 Maths and Religion. This year I did English adv, ext 1 and 2, economics, legal and maths ext 2 which meant that maths (in which I got 95) wouldn’t count but my mark of 46 in ext 1 would be doubled. Religion, Ext 1 and 2 English also didn’t count.

So I did 16 units over two years, with maths unable to count. I don’t regret doing English ext 2 because I loved doing it (I got an exam mark of 46 but an assessment of 35), and hence ext 1 I also don’t regret. Though I feel ext 2 did take up a lot of my time and I could have improved my other marks significantly since my exam marks were all (and in some cases significantly) higher than my assessments. In regard to religion, I only got 86 and it was never going to come close to counting but I learnt a lot about how to approach a HSC course and also am more enlightened about world religions and politics.

Also my school did particularly well in PE and Geography and perhaps doing those subjects would have further improved my UAI but I got 98.7, didn’t flog myself and had the best year of my life so who really cares about it anyway. No regrets.

jf7

HSC
I was SO sure that my distinction course (comparative literature) was going to count, rather than maths ext 1 which I was so so bad at :p

Somehow, I actually managed to get an alright mark in maths ext, really who knows how that happened haha

My comparative literature didn't count, but I met the best people, friends-for-life material and I had to read so many weird and obscure books, I now seem intellectual lol so NO REGRETS at all.

dp624

HSC
jf7 said:
I was SO sure that my distinction course (comparative literature) was going to count, rather than maths ext 1 which I was so so bad at :p

Somehow, I actually managed to get an alright mark in maths ext, really who knows how that happened haha
Well only 3 people got band6s in comp lit lol?

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
jf7 said:

My comparative literature didn't count, but I met the best people, friends-for-life material and I had to read so many weird and obscure books, I now seem intellectual lol so NO REGRETS at all.
well, i've looked at the scaling report for distinction courses b4, and although it does gives pretty good scaling...u actually have to be the top few guys to get that scaling. so actually the scaling isn't that good lol. =)

lionking1191

HSC
jerrysong said:
Regreted toding Adv English, should have done ESL
also if chem was Jap beginer, might strike a 99+ UAI instead of 97.45
really? chem must hav been bad - jap beginner's scaling is pretty shocking

dat202hoe said:
I regret doing all my subjects. Dumber people than me got higher UAIs because they do moderately harder subjects. Fuck the HSC.
ahah is that what you tell yourself.

Last edited:

lordesf

HSC
I Dropped IPT after trials knowing it wouldnt count, and yeh my would of still been better than IPT after the scaling so i was happy i dropped ancd conentrated on my 10 :lol:

Ezzz1990

HSC
I did 11 Units, so one unit of my Economics didn't count. I thought they might've taken away my English Extension 1 unit but they took my one of two units of Economics instead.

I don't regret doing any of it, because I found it all interesting, lol.
I did 13 Units in back in Year 11 when I did Ancient History. I got 1st and 93% in the Mid-Year Exam and then in the Yearly Exam I got 33% and 31st (out of 34). That's how quick I lost interest in it, so I dropped it, lol. I'm not one that likes to fail an exam. But failing an exam is quite fun if you know you are going to drop it when you go into Year 12!

Last edited:

dreamee

HSC
I did 4 units of maths. only 1 unit counted.

Visual arts counted over ext 2 maths...

But no regrets. It was an absolutely amazing class and it got me into the distinction course (which did count).

HSC
i did 13 units - chemistry and ext eng didn't count.
MAJOR REGRET doing those classes - i had a feeling they wouldn't count from the beginning but decided to stick it out.

all the effort that went into those classes could have been used elsewhere.
if i hadn't have done those classes, i would have had more free sessions tooooo :(

hahahaha oh well. at the end of the day i'm happy with my uai :)

LordPc

HSC
Advanced english didnt count for me. I regret doing the course as well as I did because i tried and studied hard for it towards the end all for nothing.

Also did Ancient History which didnt count. If I knew that it wouldnt have counted at the start of year 12 I would have dropped it. But it was my favourite subject, so I dont exactly regret doing it cause it was fun, but I wouldnt do it again if it amounted to nothing

And i was forced to do SOR (catholic school) which i wouldnt do again

MathsTutorz

HSC
N/A
dreamee said:
I did 4 units of maths. only 1 unit counted.

Visual arts counted over ext 2 maths...

But no regrets. It was an absolutely amazing class and it got me into the distinction course (which did count).
Very interesting.

Your mark in VA would have been fairly high (assuming that you got Band E4 for Mathematics Extension 2 because you are doing a Distinction Course).

Are you the one who state-ranked in Visual Arts (9th from what I see) from Kambala?

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A
I did 3Units of history, none of them counted. No regrets with doing Modern, although I think I shoulda kept English Extension instead...

Ah well, no point in regretting what u can't change

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
Rhanoct said:

namu: wish i didnt do 4u maths
no he wont

he'll be pleased he did it, because now maths will contribute (most likely) 4 units towards his UAI, rather than 3, with 2 units allocation to each of MX1 and MX2 which typically have very high scaling...

EDIT: interesting choice Rhanoct as to your uni course - good to see a humanities person going into the scientific field

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)