• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Subjects- 'What not to pick...' (1 Viewer)

xx__savannah

HSC
Just curious, SDD is an actual class for your school? I know one person who did it, and he hates it cos it's on-line and he's seen his teacher twice, i think.

HSC
yep, 23 students, crazily big, most schools have class of 5-6 - it used to be 48 or so, but half the year just amscrayed

xx__savannah

HSC
23 is a large class. I have two classes that are bigger than that, GMaths and English, and Chem if you count year 12.
Our school doesn't run things unless they're an Ext course or has about 13+people, so I was annoyed I didn't get Legal or Business, glad I got IPT

7th Sign

HSC
IT - good sub if you like spending all your hols at school + all arvos doing majior work :D

IPT - pretty good course I like it, good if u have a good teacher..

Eng standard - alright pretty good

gen maths - ok sub pretty good

Business - good sub if u got good teachers

Biology - SHITTEST SUBJECT DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!

7th Sign

HSC
xx__savannah said:
Just curious, SDD is an actual class for your school? I know one person who did it, and he hates it cos it's on-line and he's seen his teacher twice, i think.
our school had 18 people doing it now only 8 do it lol...

heaps of people dropp SDD for obvious reasons :D

7th Sign

HSC
Bookie said:
Is general maths necessary? Its so basic you might as well use that 2 units somewhere interesting.

you say its basic but i bet if I gave you a paper you would get like 60%

dont diss it till you have actually done it dickead...

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
23 is a large class. I have two classes that are bigger than that, GMaths and English, and Chem if you count year 12.
Our school doesn't run things unless they're an Ext course or has about 13+people, so I was annoyed I didn't get Legal or Business, glad I got IPT

Our school is that small that 23 is almost the size of our Year 12 cohort. Our largest class is 14, and my smallest is 4 unit Maths, with 3 people.

I_F

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Bookie said:
Your right. I couldnt even finish the paper.
Hey Bookie. How was 2u maths?
Btw if you do mx2, can your 2u mark (even if it is really, really good) be counted in the uai?

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Btw if you do mx2, can your 2u mark (even if it is really, really good) be counted in the uai?

If you do MEX2, you don't do the Maths 2 unit course (the 2 unit HSC paper is scheduled at the same time as the 4 unit paper). Your 3 unit result counts for 2 units, and your 4 unit result counts for two units. This is the opposite to English, where you do complete the 2 unit course and it can be counted for your UAI.

I_F

P

pLuvia

No point in doing the 2unit test because us 4 unit people will destroy it :p

Bookie

Banned
HSC
smart dunce said:
Hey Bookie. How was 2u maths?
I went well thanks mate.

If you do MX2, they count your MX2 mark as 2 units, and your MX1 mark as 2 units. But they never count your 2U mark.

However, now should I want to drop down to 8 units, I probably could have [had I not dropped business studies earlier].

Valeroso

HSC
glycerine said:
no, you are so wrong. yes, year 11 legal eats a dick and is uninteresting. however, year 12 legal is teh sex. don't drop it right away, at least start the crime topic and you'll see.
Yeah, lets all do Crime and get asked some totally shit questions about it in the HSC that have very minimal reference to what we had studied or learnt for the whole year! Seriously, STAY AWAY FROM LEGAL STUDIES! Worst subject out there! (Though I did have a shit teacher). But hm, I'd say the only interesting topics in Legal were 'Law and Justice' and 'Human Rights', and that's pretty much it and even those topics were the smallest ones in Legal. :p

Also, I'd totally not reccomend Maths - totally irrelevent to everyones lives, and requires a shitload of pointless study. Extension I English however was worth it! It just rocked! And Geography was equally as awesome also!

a_s_h_y

HSC
Do not take up PDHPE if you have already done a first aid/ resucitation course because thats all u really concentrate on in practical and also, the other topics that u cover such as lifestyle diseases you have already covered within yrs 7-10, thus making it very boring and repetitive. Looking back now i would've rather have taken up modern hist.

xxxx8888

HSC
7th Sign said:
IT - good sub if you like spending all your hols at school + all arvos doing majior work :D

IPT - pretty good course I like it, good if u have a good teacher..

Eng standard - alright pretty good

gen maths - ok sub pretty good

Business - good sub if u got good teachers

Biology - SHITTEST SUBJECT DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!
i already posted my thoughts here but i feel compelled to post for the sake of vocalizing (if this word exists) my agreement with you on the last two since i've been doing bio hw + writing up 2 prac reports for the last 2 hrs and i felt like ripping my hair out. GOD I HATE BIO. it's just an english course in disguise with some business 'elements' since it's all memorizing and dumbs you down. and business is a boring dull subject and is only interesting if you have a good teacher (er like u said)... i hav to write a business report now and it's gonna be another 2 pages of bs'ing. anyways done ranting... to anyone out there considering doing BIO - DON;T DO IT OR YOU'LL REGRET IT LIKE SRSLY.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
No sane person will keep Physics after enduring the terrible prelim course. i was out of there straight away.

Chemistry will be hard but will be worth it if you get a band 5 or above.

I like Business Studies cos it's simply text book and you can't really go wrong.

P.E is kinda borin, i would have rathered to hav done computers

AND YES choose 2u Maths and AdV Englished. Otherwise u will struggle to get a band 5

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
^that's exactly how everyone feels at the beginning...you will be surprised at how easy things become as the course progresses.

geegables

HSC
Don't even bother picking Ancient History if your not prepared to devote heaps of time to reading

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)