• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Subjects- 'What not to pick...' (1 Viewer)

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
Smart_Dunce said:
What's wrong with physics?? its not hard, its not boring. I'm sure it's easier than economics where you have to memorise a whole textbook full of info. In Physics, usually half the exam is made up of calculations and problem solving.
no i reckon remembering straight off a textbook is much more easier.
physics is not all maths wise- sure there are a lot of formulas and stuff but there is a significant amount of theory.
pracs are fun but doesnt occur v.often

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
denise_ said:
well sorry i might sound bias- don't choose
*physics
*Chem

its boring and dull and super hard!

eco is not too bad- its just all this theory you have to remember
What's wrong with physics?? its not hard, its not boring. I'm sure it's easier than economics where you have to memorise a whole textbook full of info. In Physics, usually half the exam is made up of calculations and problem solving.

klaw

HSC
Smart_Dunce said:
I reckon physics is more memorising than economics

HSC
are you joking? chemistry rocks, you guys should do it- but the year 11 course for chem is really really gay

P

pLuvia

haha that's what i think so as well, hoping it is better in year 12 :p

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC
Casmira said:
are you joking? chemistry rocks, you guys should do it- but the year 11 course for chem is really really gay
It sure is.

It gets a lot better after you learn organics chemistry.

jessied

HSC
I hated year 12 chem with a passion.. It became my gossip lesson where I did no work so I dropped it...

PLEASE don't pick PDH/PE if you think it's going to be all prac. For the whole of year 11 and 12 I was subjected to the boys (and girls) in my class begging to do prac every lesson.. IT DOESN'T HAPPEN LIKE THAT. Ok there are some pracs that you have to do but you get examined on the CONTENT not the practical side.. That being said, having a soild general knowledge of a range of sports helps alot with PDH/PE (for examples) but please don't just pick it cos you think it will be easy/a bludge, it's not. There's a shit load of content to learn.. rant...

Do take Extension Maths if you do 2U. I don't like 3U and am not the best at it but it has improved my 2U mark by a mile..

HSC
kadlil said:
haha that's what i think so as well, hoping it is better in year 12 :p
luckily the most interesting topic is the first you learn(production of materials)

dimzi said:
It sure is.

It gets a lot better after you learn organics chemistry.
oh christ, that topic carbon made me want to kill myself, the only one half interesting was metals

.ben

HSC
don't pick any maths below 3 unit they scale like crap.

P

pLuvia

no, 2unit is ok, so dont pick any maths below 2unit, theres no point, you're basically learning year 7 - year 10 useless

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Smart_Dunce said:
Please share with us which subjects you think, shouldn't be taken up- either because of nightmares you have about it, the high workload, your past experiences, because it's useless for your future.... or you regret taking it.

...also, tell us what, in your opinion, should be chosen.
Subjects not to pick??? One's you don't like!

Each to there own! :)

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
mannn compare wif all others, eng sux!.. too bad it is the onli compulsory one. =.=
but chemistry is super good. =P.. it is relatively more interesting at least

agreed - phy is boring shit.
maths is ARGGH...

P

pLuvia

english - somewhat looking forward to year 12 course, expect some improvements
maths - best~ *thumbs up*
chem - ok
bio - best~ *thumbs up*
jap - best~ *thumbs up*

Bookie

Banned
HSC
For me;

English - hate it, but it makes you seem special [so fuckin special] when you understand it
Maths - I love it, can't you smell it in the springtime air?
Physics - I wanna be a pilot
Eco - Good for everything else subject (I'd rather not, but theres nothing else I really like)

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
eng is suppose to be like the easy subject compare wif everythin else..and pplz good at eng are, yeah, look up to~ xD... but if u r good at maths, it is juz "mehh another smart ass"

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
My advice to all year 11s, is not to take anyones advice except your own, and maybe your teachers.
But especially not this thread - you'll probably end up loving what someone else hates, and vice-versa.

klaw

HSC
drewgcn said:
My advice to all year 11s, is not to take anyones advice except your own, and maybe your teachers.
But especially not this thread - you'll probably end up loving what someone else hates, and vice-versa.
exactly... I picked chem because ppl said it was good... and I ended up really really really really really hating it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)