Subjects- 'What not to pick...' (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I agree with geegables 100% ! I found it the most difficult subject in year 11 to stay focused on and devoted to.... and am so damn glad I dropped it!

gwemma88

HSC
DO NOT PICK BUSINESS STUDIES!!!

i was about ready to kill myself after having to sit through that hell hole the whole prelim course!

Do pick Extension Two English. The best fun in class you may have all week.

klaw

HSC
gwemma88 said:

i was about ready to kill myself after having to sit through that hell hole the whole prelim course!

but business studies is so good!

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
Hey If ur willing to study a lot is Biology a good subject to pick..
The only prob with it is it has poor scaling.
Reminds me, which subjects are scaled the most in the HSC. Does anyone know a website I cxan get the scaling guide from...

frenchic

HSC
N/A
gwemma88 said:

OMG i agree with you 100%, ext 2 is the best escpecially if you love what you are writing about, while business is sooooo boring, i am so stupid since i am still keeping it for this year...

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
French Beginners unless you are into languages isnt fantastic to do.
Entertainment industry training is pretty terrible too.. :p

ediisjoz

HSC
ancient

Choose: Ancient History I LOVE ANCIENT HISTORY!!! <3

don't do business it's confusing, and geography is only good if u have a great teacher.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC

Unless your school is so small that you're a class of 1, and the teacher is on long-service leave. That makes for pretty uninteresting classes.

I_F

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Smart_Dunce said:
What is extension 2 english and what do you do there?
My understanding of Ext. 2 English is that you complete a major work, which can be analytical or creative, and submit that to the Board of Studies and a journal to your teacher, which forms you assessment mark. More, I couldn't say.

I_F

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
ediisjoz said:
Choose: Ancient History I LOVE ANCIENT HISTORY!!! <3

don't do business it's confusing, and geography is only good if u have a great teacher.
business studies isnt hard, and its quite a fun subject as long as you have a good teacher.

pick history extension ! its funn, but just requires a lot of work ... but i recommend you dont pick software design and development, omgosh its so boring imo.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
If you have a passion for english and doing well in english exams/assessments, you are eligible for it. ;)

cigazze

My wit's out to lunch
HSC
Smart_Dunce said:
What is extension 2 english and what do you do there?

ext 2 is awesome! you prolly dont care anymore, but im going to tell you anyway, coz its such an awesome subject. you basically pick anything ur interested in, research it for a year, then write something at the end of it, in your own time.

plus, you choose the style of your major work. theres options from movie scripts, to speeches, to essays, to poems... though ofcourse, the most popular is the short story.

all in all, its the most awesome subject by any comparisson. dont get daunted by the self-directed aspect either, you end up procrastinating in other subjects by working on ur major work. you cant lose

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)