Suicide blast in Somalia kills ministers, doctors, students (2 Viewers)

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
I received this bit of news today via the International Federation of Medical Student Associations network and felt that it was a very sad bit of news. It is terrible that an already unstable country has to witness the further deaths of figures in professions like politics and medicine.

BBC News - Somalia ministers killed by hotel suicide bomb

Sprangler

HSC
Well, I try to care, but as this happens in that part of the world every week it's just like, hey, Moslems you know? They're barbaric.

anonymous.92

HSC
You know what's barbaric? Criticising over a billion people by the actions of a minority.

Allahu Akbar

Banned
HSC
N/A

anonymous.92

HSC
Not when that minority is the cause of so much damage on such a large scale.
That still doesn't mean that every muslim should be held responsible for that "damage" when they had nothing to do with it. Only people that caused such destruction should be criticised, instead labelling ALL muslims as barbaric, many of whom are innocent.

Venetiad

HSC
You know what should be done, damage control.

Islamic leaders should openly attack extremists. Why? Because currently in the eyes of a lot of ignorant people it would seem that your leaders are almost endorsing their actions. And trust me, if that happened, the media would be ALL over it. So everyone will know.

But, I'll be incredibly surprised if this happens. So, why should I go on thinking that Islam is a peaceful religion when your leaders aren't compelled to go into damage control to heal the broken image of your religion?

banco55

HSC
These guys are in the mainstream of Somalia's political life. They were ruling Somalia a few years ago and they are the biggest challenge to the current government. Pretending Islamists are a tiny minority in Somalia is politically correct bullshit.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
You know what's barbaric? Criticising over a billion people by the actions of a minority.
lol an ever increasing minority

but its not like these people are just maverick muslims, I mean, millions of Muslims support these actions world wide

anonymous.92

HSC

but its not like these people are just maverick muslims, I mean, millions of Muslims support these actions world wide
Source for that little bit of info? That's right, you won't be able to come up with one, because you just came up with "millions" from the top of your head, right?

anonymous.92

HSC

Islamic leaders should openly attack extremists. Why? Because currently in the eyes of a lot of ignorant people it would seem that your leaders are almost endorsing their actions. And trust me, if that happened, the media would be ALL over it. So everyone will know.

But, I'll be incredibly surprised if this happens. So, why should I go on thinking that Islam is a peaceful religion when your leaders aren't compelled to go into damage control to heal the broken image of your religion?
Actually, a lot of Islamic leaders go about this "damage control," Keysar Trad ring a bell? Except when muslims condemn terrorism, it doesn't get much media coverage. On the other hand, when some random Islamic leader seems to even hint at supporting a terrorist organization, the media has a field day.

M

Mr BigBoyJames

Please stfu or ill snap ur neck you dumb kike

M

Mr BigBoyJames

lol yeah but if these guys blow up govt buildings and politicians should we sympathize with them?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Fuck off with your Islam pro and anti sentiments you fucking nongs. I am over this bullshit, fuck your stupid infighting off to NS or some other cesspool.

You're missing the point. Somalian civilians are the ones that are going to miss out - a program designed to train Somali's to become doctors in an attempt to rebuild whatever shitty health system they have left, has been attacked. It's so frigging senseless and all you idiots can harp on about is whether the majority of Muslims support extremists.

Who gives a flying fuck whether they do or not. If they don't, they may as well because you guys are being fairly fucking silent in public with your condemnation.

M

Mr BigBoyJames

Fuck off with your Islam pro and anti sentiments you fucking nongs. I am over this bullshit, fuck your stupid infighting off to NS or some other cesspool.

You're missing the point. Somalian civilians are the ones that are going to miss out - a program designed to train Somali's to become doctors in an attempt to rebuild whatever shitty health system they have left, has been attacked. It's so frigging senseless and all you idiots can harp on about is whether the majority of Muslims support extremists.

Who gives a flying fuck whether they do or not. If they don't, they may as well because you guys are being fairly fucking silent in public with your condemnation.
I agree with this person.

lol@ anti islam rhetoric

fixing

HSC

They still have their Witch-doctors as their Medicine men.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Now I'm going to go back home, worship a prophet who was a pedophile, force my wife to cover herself and to restrict her activities so I won't get jealous, kill a lamb by bleeding it to death and face the west and pray to almighty Allah.

praise b 2 allah!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
not really. this is one of the biggest online forums in australia and id say it's probably the most succesful at attracting young, maleable minds. and what do they see when they log onto BoS and visit NCAP? A string of sensible anti-Moslem threads. We're changing the landscape here.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
now i'm going to go back home, worship a prophet who was a pedophile, force my wife to cover herself and to restrict her activities so i won't get jealous, kill a lamb by bleeding it to death and face the west and pray to almighty allah.

Praise b 2 allah!
hahaha

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Well do you see anyone else (of other faith; christianity, catholicsm, athiesm etc) being the cause of terrorism and bombings? I mean, if all those who commit such atrocities are of a certain faith, then you can't blame the public then, for associating that faith with terrorism. The media also plays a role in this, headlining suicide bombers who are of muslim faith, leading to the misconception that that's what that faith is about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)