Suicide from HSC... (1 Viewer)

aaaman

Banned
HSC
does any1 have any myths/stories about that bad type of shit from da pressure of da hsc bcoz i wanna kno if sum rumors r true like 1 where if a person commits suicide, the whole grade get 5 extra UAI points :confused:

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
dont know much bout suicide but apparently if there is a major problem within ur life at the time of the HSC u dun have to do it.. i was told someone worked their way around it by faking a problem at home..:(

aaaman

Banned
HSC
Snow Pea! said:
dont know much bout suicide but apparently if there is a major problem within ur life at the time of the HSC u dun have to do it.. i was told someone worked their way around it by faking a problem at home..:(

thats sicking, i hope they died

iamsickofyear12

HSC
There was this girl in my year, really really smart. My best guess would be she was ranked about 3rd in the year. She would slit her wrists. Sometimes she would have bandages over them and sometimes you could just see the cuts on her wrist. HSC is over now and she is still alive.

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
There was this girl in my year, really really smart. My best guess would be she was ranked about 3rd in the year. She would slit her wrists. Sometimes she would have bandages over them and sometimes you could just see the cuts on her wrist. HSC is over now and she is still alive.
god thats soo sad..:(

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Snow Pea! said:
god thats soo sad..:(
I have no sympathy for people who can't handle the HSC. Especially the ones who are really smart and make a big deal about getting 90% instead of 95%. She was one of the highest ranked people in the year and she was still trying to kill herself, imagine if she was just average.

Danoz The Great

HSC
Argonaut said:
The whole stick-pencils-in-nostrils-and-slam-head-down-hard-during-exam story is fake, but so is the one about other students getting extra UAI points if someone kills themselves around the exam times. It's an urban legend in virtually every single country, right up to the point where it was immortalised in an episode of Law and Order.
LOL. I once even heard that happened at westport, WESTPORT of all places!!!
I never believed that if somebody committed themselves you'd get extra points either. I thought maybe some 'consideration', but never extra points. After all, it's a rank not a mark.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I have no sympathy for people who can't handle the HSC. Especially the ones who are really smart and make a big deal about getting 90% instead of 95%. She was one of the highest ranked people in the year and she was still trying to kill herself, imagine if she was just average.
yeah... but you don't know if it was more than the HSC.

we have a few girls like that in my year. i have sympathy for the one's who have genuine problems. the rest of them use it to get out of work most of the time.

i know a guy who killed himself a few months ago and the guys at his school didn't get anything extra. it's a myth.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Tulipa said:
yeah... but you don't know if it was more than the HSC.

we have a few girls like that in my year. i have sympathy for the one's who have genuine problems. the rest of them use it to get out of work most of the time.

i know a guy who killed himself a few months ago and the guys at his school didn't get anything extra. it's a myth.
It was because of the HSC. Thats why I have no sympathy. If there were other things I would have.

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
A teacher told me a few years back a guy killed himself cause he couldn't handle all the pressure and he was going through a depression. I think that's really bad that someone should resort to that - it's not good.

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
Argonaut said:
It's an urban legend. It never happened. Not here, not in America, not even ni Uzbekistan.
lol although it reminded me of the simpsons when homer put crayons up his nose.. and one stayed there..:D

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I seem to remember the figure being 120 since the hsc's commencement

Last edited:

malkin86

HSC
Considering when it started, and how many people sit the HSC, it's not so many compared to that. It's still too many, though.

monique66

the HSC is too much pressure for some, just last week i was doing 8 things at once and was like, 'man i can't wait till this is over' not in a suicidal way of course :D

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
nicko88 said:
A teacher told me a few years back a guy killed himself cause he couldn't handle all the pressure and he was going through a depression. I think that's really bad that someone should resort to that - it's not good.
theres a thing called dropping out in yr 10

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
miss_gtr said:
yeah i think it is too much work, like doing so many cores and electives in one subject alone...... it does get stressful aye, lol well for me anyways
It depends mostly on the subjects. The smarter subjects generally have less work.

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
theres a thing called dropping out in yr 10
yeh but they worry bout dissapointing their families and teachers etc.. but its true, if they cant handle it they should drop and do somethin that is less stressful! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)