Suicide from HSC... (1 Viewer)

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Snow Pea! said:
yeh but they worry bout dissapointing their families and teachers etc.. but its true, if they cant handle it they should drop and do somethin that is less stressful! :D
yeh but their families wont be as disappointed as hearing that their son/daughter has committed suicide from the hsc

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
Univeristy 1st year is about 3 times worse than the HSC.

THE HSC IS NOTHING BUT A VERY SMALL BUMP IN THE ROAD

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
A girl at my school tried to commit suicide before her religion exam last year. She took a whole bunch of pills but yeh her parents found her and she's ok now. Ahh, the irony of trying to commit suicide before a religion exam.

MuffinMan

HSC
miss_gtr said:
what your not seeing is, we need to stress about the HSC to get into uni, even if u see it as a small bump after it, fact is, before you do it its a huge ass bump, and if you dont get over it.........u dont get into uni.
agree .

MuffinMan

HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
But sometimes stress can bring you to the point where you can't study anymore and you start to think that you won't get into uni. It's not necessarily getting over the huge bump, it's coming to the realisation that the HSC is nothing to kill yourself over, and making this bump smaller by cutting it... or something.
if u put it that way sportsgal, i need help!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
hmm ... I remember ages ago, when I did the hsc, well, it feels like ages ago now. Our principal was actually really concerned about the number of students in year 12 that were on anti-depressents and that tried to commit suicide during yr 12.

I tried to commit suicide in year 12, but it wasn't just cause of the pressure and stress of hsc, i had other things in my life that causing me to be upset. But my principal actually helped, she was lovely - actually still is :p

SmokedSalmon

HSC
Back to myths/stories about HSC suicides...

At the beginning of my HSC year (2 years ago now, wow), I was told about this student who killed himself during the HSC (i think it was around 7 years ago now). He was very popular, had lots of friends, great family, intelligent, high marks etc... the type u'd never expect to commit suicide. Well one day, during mid hsc year, he called up his close friend and said to him good bye and to tell his friends/family that he loves them etc... his friend tried to talk to him out of it but he killed himself anyway. He jumped off a bridge I think. yeah pretty sad stuff.
Ever since that happened, the teachers at my school keep checking up to see if everyone is emotionally stable and having these class discussions about how life goes on after the HSC no matter what you get etc...

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Timesplitter 01 said:

1st year uni is easy. I don't know why you think its hard.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Someone from my school this year jumped off ANZAC bridge:/

monique66

HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
i dont commit suicide...but i can have relleh relleh bad breakdowns
I've had a couple of mental breakdowns myself. I think most of it is pressure and guilt of not doing anything :(

HSC
Timesplitter 01 said:

well i don't know about your degree...but my first yr is a cruise
16hrs/week...equating to just over 3 hours a day

monique66

HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
parental pressure :(
Parents are always full of expectations and i know i want to go well but they make it so much harder. If i go crap i feel like i'm letting not only myself down but them as well.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
ToO LaZy ^* said:
well i don't know about your degree...but my first yr is a cruise
16hrs/week...equating to just over 3 hours a day
I only have 14. I have heard of people who have less. And school was 35 hours a week not including the extra stuff at home especially during the HSC. I don't hardly do anything at home for uni.

MuffinMan

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I only have 14. I have heard of people who have less. And school was 35 hours a week not including the extra stuff at home especially during the HSC. I don't hardly do anything at home for uni.
lucky u boy am i looking forward to uni :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)