Summer '08-09 Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Intellectual property law and the internet.

amber44

HSC
Weeeeee! I got my first paycheck today.

So guys, if you were doing an honours year research project, what would it be on?
Congratulations!

On honours projects, I've heard people say that you have to do something suggested by your supervisor, is that true?

HSC
Congratulations!

On honours projects, I've heard people say that you have to do something suggested by your supervisor, is that true?
For sociology honours, we've been told to submit a brief research proposal stating what we intend to study and how we'll collect data etc. So it looks like the supervisors have to deal with the subject areas that we decide upon.

It might be different in other faculties though...

amber44

HSC
For sociology honours, we've been told to submit a brief research proposal stating what we intend to study and how we'll collect data etc. So it looks like the supervisors have to deal with the subject areas that we decide upon.

It might be different in other faculties though...
Oh cool! So what do you have in mind, do you know what topic roughly you'd like to look at?

HSC
Oh cool! So what do you have in mind, do you know what topic roughly you'd like to look at?
I'm still not really sure. I'm vaguely thinking about doing something in the sociology of sport, and then splicing that by race, gender, sexuality, class or something. But yeah, still very vague :(

I just sent the honours co-ordinator an email specifically asking to _not_ have Annette as my honours supervisor :D

HSC
Aims for next two weeks:

-Get job
-Get Ps
-Get haircut
-Do scholarship application
-Clean room

Go team go!
Well it took two months, instead of two weeks, but I've finally finished the list.

For the next ~month, by goals are

-Decide upon Honours Project
-Do readings for Honours Project
-Manage to not get fired
-Get another haircut before uni starts
-Clean room again before uni starts

Lori.

HSC
I cant believe payments for 1st semester are due on the 2nd of feb! theres no way i will have either the money or citizenship by then.

Does anyone know how likely they would be to give me an extension to pay my fees??

amber44

HSC
I cant believe payments for 1st semester are due on the 2nd of feb! theres no way i will have either the money or citizenship by then.

Does anyone know how likely they would be to give me an extension to pay my fees??
I doubt it, unfortunately, but you can always give them a call and ask.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Aw well, i guess they'll confirm it in the letter of enrolment and stuff.

Libbster

HSC
got my letter today saying ive fulfilled requirements for my science degree and will be assigned a graduation ceremony. hooray!

amber44

HSC
got my letter today saying ive fulfilled requirements for my science degree and will be assigned a graduation ceremony. hooray!
Congrats! What's your major?

In other news, I'm officially an O-Week bitch! Better sign up for your Access Cards or ELSE!

Libbster

HSC
Congrats! What's your major?

In other news, I'm officially an O-Week bitch! Better sign up for your Access Cards or ELSE!
majored in psyc mainly because i'm lazy and didn't want to do 8 hours of advanced chem labs a week lol

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
this will be a laid back semester for me. 1 relatively challenging elec eng subject, 3 easy isys subjects (information systems).

And i can't wait to end full time work (working at railcorp this summer, but only for like 1-2 days a week during semester)...i guess i wasn't quite ready to jump into a full time office job yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)